Author Topic: ebay scammers.  (Read 11266 times)

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
Re: ebay scammers.
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2022, 03:59:13 pm »
I guess the real point here is that an eBay transaction with successful delivery of flawed goods can only have three outcomes:

(1) buyer accepts the flawed goods, or
(2) buyer rejects flawed goods and returns it (untouched, obviously), or
(3) buyer accepts the goods with compensation for flaws discovered.

Buyer has to make a choice, and stick with the decision!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:00:52 pm by SilverSolder »

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2022, 04:30:57 pm »
just to clear this up,when i brought/bid on this i bid as i thought it was the A version that has the measure function,when it was delivered as the non A as advertised i was pissed off,if it was the a version as listed it would of been fine,as it was knowingly the non a version,when the seller was doing the listing,if it wasnt the A why phsicaly type a when listing it,that is different fair enough but to list it as an a requires another key input,other way around had he forgotten to type A then thats understandable,but as it clearly wasnt looks like he tried to list it as a more desirable model that it wasnt,i asked him to refund my postage,as a way to make things good,he flatly refused!,thats how this ball got rolling and went downhill from there!,the guy who wants to buy it for £70 is comming tomorow to pick it up,i have ended the ebay listing on it now,as regards feedback i try to be %100 honest,if its good i say so,same if bad!,i am john bull in that respect and dont mince my words.luckily i should not be out of pocket tomorow,at the end of the day if the scope wasnt falsley listed,then then we wouldnt of been in this situation,the way i see it i am not the bogey man here!.

I'm sorry, but that quote seems to be a wall of text, which I find, very, very difficult to read. But anyway, ..
Extract from above quote follows, bold and size change are done by me.

i try to be %100 honest

100% honest, surely means, that you DON'T omit vital details, such as offers of a refund (regardless of if that does or doesn't include return postage charges), plenty of time for the seller(s) to respond and handle the situation. As well as other things, reasonable ebay buyers would/should do.

I think I've been following all of this thread. I've yet to see any evidence that the original seller, is a scammer, nor any justification in creating threads in multiple forums, calling out the name of the original seller, and (apparently unjustified) claims they are a scammer.

The following users thanked this post: andy3055

Offline TaylorD93

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2022, 04:38:54 pm »
Well i sent taylor an sorry via pm and said i will change the ebay feedback,waiting to hear on a reply,as regards to my battery swap,in my  mind battery volts is volts no matter what chemistry it is!,as it was only done to confirm the reason for the self test fails+ it was what i had to hand at the time(this was done while waiting for the correct chemistry battery to arrive  that i ordered as it was in transit),so can you please explain mr mod why that was a wrong descision,as wanted to check the faults as originaly listed with were infact true and honest,unlike the original ebay listing!,explain me that please.

M3vuv im not bothered about the ebay feedback to be honest, any other buyer can see ive had good feedback on all my other listings.

See i still dont get this last bit about opening it to change the battery to check the faults were "as listed".

When you received it all you had to do to verify that it had the faults i had described, was literarily to power it up and run Self Test. It would have shown the exact same Low Battery Fault as i showed on the advert.

The Service manual clearly shows fault finding flow charts and that an FPP 4000 fault, with a BATT-STATUS FAIL Means only one thing.
see attached.

My point regarding the battery type. 18650 cells are great for power tools and other appliances where you need a Large amount of power, Amps of current for a relatively short time, because of that you get good power output but accept it wont last years, it will discharge in days/hours at full power. Now the other issue is that they have internal leakages, you cannot manufacture a perfect battery which has 0pA of leakage so all battery types will self discharge to some degree.

As 18650 Cells are not designed for long life, as in holding charge for years, they are more likely to have higher leakage currents then a long life battery. How many times have we taken out a Battery power tool and found its dead although it was charged the last time it was used? I know i have several times.

So when then you fit it to a scope which may sit in someones lab unused for 6/7 months the internal leakage causes the battery to self discharge.

However with the correct battery type for the scope, its does not need to deliver massive amounts of amps at once, and because the cell chemicals and structure is different, they have much better internal leakages and therefore are rated for 10+ Years of standby currents.

Think of it as the Sun which burns twice as bright lasts half as long. You need a cell which is designed to trickle a tiny amount of current to keep the RAM charged/powered for an indefinite amount of time

Edit; I would like to point out i am not an expert in battery/cell technology, but this is just my understanding from my career in electronics. Ofcourse all of this ive said so far is ignoring the fact that the 18650 also has as gnif & others pointed out, a much higher cell voltage.

Edit 2; Addition of extract of the Fault diagnosis sheet from the service manual for a FPP 4700 Failure (Batt Status)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:52:23 pm by TaylorD93 »

The following users thanked this post: mikerj, MK14

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2022, 04:44:21 pm »
m3vuv you are never automatically entitled to a partial refund, sellers can choose to request the item back. Once you modified it you waved you rights to a fair full refund. You only got a partial because TaylorD93 was inexperienced, really you owe him 25 pounds and a "sorry I overreacted".

You also threatened to report him to the police and were deceptive to everyone online based on omission of the facts. People could immediately smell a rat, sellers who scam on the description and condition categories are subject to provide a refund. But they don't admit their mistake and offer to help.

You forced TaylorD93s response by your actions, ebay is not "try before you buy". It's up to you to check what you have been sent and if it's not as described organize to send it back (without messing with it).

Your intentions m3vuv make *you* the scammer, double dipping is bad enough but you went for partial and full refund, messed with it and then sell it. That's quadruple dipping. Send TaylorD93 his postage back.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:50:20 pm by Shock »
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

The following users thanked this post: philpem, mikerj, MK14, TaylorD93

Offline m3vuvTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2022, 06:03:24 pm »
dont you already know i already know that you knobhead read what i posted and digest it

Offline gnif

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2022, 06:34:58 pm »
dont you already know i already know that you knobhead read what i posted and digest it

Careful, see rule #2
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/forum-rules-please-read/

That said, who are you directing this to?

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2022, 06:59:14 pm »
Careful, see rule #2

After a reply he posted in the Beginners section yesterday evening (don't bother, it was removed as soon as I reported it), I'm surprised he's still here.
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, mikerj, MK14

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2022, 07:31:04 pm »

Assuming you are aiming that post at me. Just because I was able to read that post I recently quoted, doesn't mean that it was easy to read or well written.
So, yes, you are right. At some level, I was able to read, comprehend and what you call 'digest' the post. But, that doesn't mean that it was legible enough, for most people to readily choose to read it.

Possible message quote aimed at ?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/ebay-scammers/msg3940633/#msg3940633
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:41:35 pm by MK14 »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2022, 07:52:53 pm »
Careful, see rule #2

After a reply he posted in the Beginners section yesterday evening (don't bother, it was removed as soon as I reported it), I'm surprised he's still here.

The fuse is lit though.......

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, grumpydoc, mikerj, Brumby, pizzigri, Gyro, MK14

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2022, 03:37:07 am »
as regards feedback i try to be %100 honest,if its good i say so,same if bad!,i am john bull in that respect and dont mince my words

Don't you think it would look nicer and be easier to read, if you pressed the QUOTE (button, near the top right corner of each post), and had written the message above, in the following way:

My initial findings are that you would seem to be giving other ebay members, negative or neutral feedback, on a suspiciously too frequent manner.
>>>Start of me re-writing, their post<<<

As regards the feedback, I try to be 100% honest. If it's good I say so, the same if bad! I'm John Bull in that respect and don't mince my words.

>>>End of me re-writing, their post<<<

Giving people negative feedback (and neutral, to a lesser extent), should only really be done in extreme, last resort circumstances. You seem to be giving it, for the slightest mishap, and seem to flatly refuse to wait and give the seller time to respond to your complaint(s), and perhaps fix the issue(s) with partial or full refunds, or replacement of the item(s).

What I find funny about all of this (as regards the feedback), is you seem to react very badly, when you (rather rarely) sell an item on ebay, and they give you negative feedback in response. With you ending up using swear word(s) or name calling, against them. Which is something you also shouldn't really be doing in ebay feedback. In fairness, I should say, they did initially use a somewhat (or slight, opinions probably vary) bad word, in their feedback to you (m3vuv). Also, you did manage to get about 5 good feedbacks when selling, so you are not that bad (at selling).

The negative feedback said (I've replaced any swear or bad words with asterixis's):
NEGATIVE-FEEDBACK-for-m3vuv "Description as new, I recive **** broken and damage product. No recommend."

m3vuv's (ebay ID different name on ebay) reply was:
"**** said screen scratched,it wasnt just dirt,timewaster!!"
Item was a £100 or more, laptop computer or similar.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 03:55:56 am by MK14 »

The following users thanked this post: mikerj

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2022, 04:31:48 am »
As we are all human, mistakes will be made on occasion.  In my book, it's how those mistakes are addressed that matters.

In this case, I'd be happy to deal with TaylorD93.  I would avoid the other person, entirely.

The following users thanked this post: geostep, gnif, philpem, wraper, siggi, mikerj, _Wim_, Gyro, MK14, super7800, TaylorD93

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf