General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

Sold (UK) Free: Electrox Cobra 150w YAG laser (non fuctioning)

(1/4) > >>

billtodd:
Electrox Cobra laser engraver (XY mirror scanner) 150w YAG (infra red) for parts or repair (UK collection only)

This powers up but fails with a 'low diode power' error*, so I assume it requires a replacement pump diode. the manufacturers diodes are no longer available, but it may be possible to retro fit another type
[* it is just possible that it will work at reduced power, but before I thought to try this, I unplugged and disconnected the laser head. The pictures below show that the pump diode is not completely dead]

This consists of a mirror galvo XY and a Q switched YAG laser head, a 8U(?) 2kW power supply control unit and a 8U (?) water cooler/chiller unit. These are housed in a substantial 19" rack unit
I have a controller PC with software( but, if you want this I'll have to remove some files first  so let me know)

It is collection only, from colchester essex. If the power unit and cooler are removed from the rack it all should fit into a large estate car.

Stray Electron:
    A strong word of warning here for anyone that's interested in this:  YAG lasers are extremely dangerous to your eyesight!  If you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with this or you WILL probably destroy the retinas of your eyes.

billtodd:

--- Quote --- YAG lasers are extremely dangerous to your eyesight!
--- End quote ---

Yes indeed. At 150w this is extremely dangerous to all parts of a body ! It is a metal cutting laser.

You'll have to convince me you are competent before I  let you have this . There may be tests , interrogation and possibly torture .

'...No Mr Bond i expect you to be safe...'

_Wim_:

--- Quote from: billtodd on June 11, 2024, 08:01:13 pm ---You'll have to convince me you are competent before I  let you have this . There may be tests , interrogation and possibly torture .

'...No Mr Bond i expect you to be safe...'

--- End quote ---

Very nice offer, but scared of the test & torture (and also because it a little to far to come and pick it up)...  ;)

Slh:
Shame, my car's not big enough and I don't really a need for a big laser.

I used to work on power supplies for Q-switched YAG lasers. Ours also had a feedback photodiode in the head - if that's moved or the connectors corroded then you might get the same fault. It might be a cheaper fix than new laser diodes (but don't rely on that)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version