Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 275689 times)

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #575 on: December 09, 2016, 03:21:54 am »
Sure, add 10 pcs to your next order and I'll buy them from you. I'm sure I can find something else to buy from your store too, to combine shipping. Also, do you happen to have a replacement OLED for the YZXStudio USB 3.0 Power Monitor (yellow) you were selling some time back? Or even just a model number? Mine cracked in my pocket and the text on the back came off with the double-sided tape. (And why are there none of these in your store at the moment?)

I'm sorry to hear about your cracked device :( YZXstudio has discontinued the OLED models for some time now, so I'm afraid I won't be able to offer any replacement OLED. Currently they only make the LCD and colour TFT models, but I'm out of stock for most of the models at the moment and that's why you may not find them in my store right now. There is a new Yellow model (ZY1273) which is USB 3.0 compatible just like your original one, which uses a colour TFT display. I will be adding that model to my store soon.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #576 on: December 30, 2016, 10:05:12 am »
The Length of the plastic test clip itself...

The only other kind of test clips of a larger size I have are like this:

They are overall about 15cm long (10cm from tip to the handle, with the thinner part flexible for bending), and they connect to shrouded banana plugs, instead through a raw solder joint. There are BNC-shrouded banana plug leads available to connect these to.
These are neat. I think I may have to get a pair of these grabbers.
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline ElektronikLabor

• Regular Contributor
    • YouTube: ElektronikLabor
« Reply #577 on: February 06, 2017, 07:03:03 pm »
Hello Franky, when will the ZY1273 USB Power Monitor be available again?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #578 on: February 08, 2017, 05:57:26 am »
Hello Franky, when will the ZY1273 USB Power Monitor be available again?

I actually do have a couple of them in stock but have not listed them because the version I have here does not support Bluetooth yet. There was a minor design flaw which causes the Bluetooth module (if one is present) to touch the USB-C connector. It can be worked around by inserting spacers or using taller standoff screws, but the main thing is the firmware also hasn't supported it yet. I was told by YZXstudio that the new firmware which supports BT will be released in about 2 weeks. If you don't mind the Bluetooth issue for now I can sell you one. Let me know.

Offline boffin

• Supporter
« Reply #579 on: February 09, 2017, 01:08:20 am »
Franky, do you have a source for the plastic lead bending tools/jig?  Everywhere I see them they're 10-15$ for a lump of plastic, and I just can't bring myself....

I had a freebie from a magazine when I was a kid, and stupidly tossed it when I moved at some point.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #580 on: February 09, 2017, 04:13:48 pm »
While people are asking for stuff, are you planning to get the Brymen test leads back in?
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #581 on: February 09, 2017, 04:20:16 pm »
Franky, do you have a source for the plastic lead bending tools/jig?  Everywhere I see them they're 10-15$ for a lump of plastic, and I just can't bring myself....

I had a freebie from a magazine when I was a kid, and stupidly tossed it when I moved at some point.

Never looked into them before so don't really know any source at the moment...

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #582 on: February 09, 2017, 04:22:28 pm »
While people are asking for stuff, are you planning to get the Brymen test leads back in?

They are back :)

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #583 on: February 09, 2017, 05:07:37 pm »

Wow, I didn't realize these things were selling at $10-$15
I was going to recommend if you knkwmanyomemwith a 3D printer.
Then I was searching for them to see if I could find one cheaper then $10 and the one I found is someone 3D printing them and selling them on eBay for $6. The picture shows a fast 3D print, not the best looking but I guess it doesn't have to look that good to function.
I wonder why they sell for so much? Maybe not enough people buy them?
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline tpowell1830

• Frequent Contributor
  • Peacefully retired from industry, active in life
« Reply #584 on: February 09, 2017, 07:33:21 pm »

Wow, I didn't realize these things were selling at $10-$15
I was going to recommend if you knkwmanyomemwith a 3D printer.
Then I was searching for them to see if I could find one cheaper then $10 and the one I found is someone 3D printing them and selling them on eBay for $6. The picture shows a fast 3D print, not the best looking but I guess it doesn't have to look that good to function.
I wonder why they sell for so much? Maybe not enough people buy them?

Would you happen to have picture of them.  IT's probably something that isn't made anymore by large quantity injection molders.
PEACE===>T

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #585 on: February 09, 2017, 07:50:56 pm »

Here in Croatia they are 12 Kn, that's 1.7 USD...

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #586 on: February 09, 2017, 11:31:17 pm »
For anyone in Australia, Altronics has them for $2.50 (I have a few), provided this is what you are meaning

http://www.altronics.com.au/p/t1495-component-leg-bending-tool/

Offline iainwhite

• Supporter
  • Measure twice...
« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »
In the USA, Sparkfun has one for $4.80      https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13114   

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #588 on: February 12, 2017, 09:42:51 pm »
In the USA, Sparkfun has one for $4.80      https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13114
Yup, the do. And $5.72 shipping for a strip of plastic for a total of $10.52 for standard domestic shipping.
Unless you order over $75 of something else then shipping is free. I wouldn't want $75 worth of spark fun copied stuff, lol.

Offline boffin

• Supporter
« Reply #589 on: February 13, 2017, 06:03:40 am »
I managed to track one down for C$6.50.  I was just aghast at the concept of $15 on AliExpress

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #590 on: February 13, 2017, 07:00:33 am »
this can be a simple exercice for anyone having a 3d printer ...

Offline ElektronikLabor

• Regular Contributor
    • YouTube: ElektronikLabor
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2017, 09:27:24 pm »
I received a ZY1270 with Bluetooth module but I can't find the module with any BT device.
Do I need to activate the Bluetooth somehow?  :-//

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2017, 02:35:50 am »
I received a ZY1270 with Bluetooth module but I can't find the module with any BT device.
Do I need to activate the Bluetooth somehow?  :-//

Yes, you need to enable "Serial Upload" in the settings menu. Did you buy it from my store? If so, you should have received an English instructions manual. Let me know if you haven't.

The following users thanked this post: ElektronikLabor

Offline Ranger14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2017, 12:45:49 am »
Link to dummy load would be nice lol

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2017, 03:20:36 am »
Link to dummy load would be nice lol

The previous version of the YZXstudio dummy load (ZL1000) has been discontinued (not sure if it's permanent yet). They have a new ZL1100 which is much more feature rich (basically combining the USB power monitor with the dummy load), but also higher priced. I will be creating a new listing for it today and will post a link here when it's ready.

The following users thanked this post: Ranger14

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2017, 10:54:21 pm »
Hi franky,

I am interested in the new load. I have one of the older loads and a few of their power monitors I bought from you, but having it all in one would be great. Can you post some pics here too?

Once I see what it looks like I'll send you a Pm with a list of things I'm wanting from your eBay store.

Can you get multimeter cases larger than the one you have listed? I really like the double zip compartment to keep the leads in, but the dimensions don't look big enough for most of my meters.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #596 on: February 23, 2017, 04:46:29 am »
Hi franky,

I am interested in the new load. I have one of the older loads and a few of their power monitors I bought from you, but having it all in one would be great. Can you post some pics here too?

Once I see what it looks like I'll send you a Pm with a list of things I'm wanting from your eBay store.

Can you get multimeter cases larger than the one you have listed? I really like the double zip compartment to keep the leads in, but the dimensions don't look big enough for most of my meters.

In terms of power monitoring functionality the USB power monitors are still more superior with its small size and the real time charting and Bluetooth capability etc, but this new load does have all the basics, and though without BT support, can still log data through the USB port (which also serves as the power supply, as it can't be powered by the device being measured). Here's a couple of pics for the new load:

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #597 on: February 23, 2017, 05:49:49 am »
Bit of a shame that it can't run from the socket being tested, but I'm sure they have a reason. Just means a power bank will need to be carried as well to power it when away from the bench.

What sort of price are you selling them for?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #598 on: February 23, 2017, 06:03:30 am »
Bit of a shame that it can't run from the socket being tested, but I'm sure they have a reason. Just means a power bank will need to be carried as well to power it when away from the bench.

What sort of price are you selling them for?

Price in my eBay store will be $49.99 + $2.4 for tracked shipping.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:31:41 am by iloveelectronics »

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #599 on: February 23, 2017, 03:03:32 pm »
regarding you zy1270, I see that there are also some zy1271 and zy1273 floating around?, what is the newest of all these?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf