Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 275099 times)

Offline Wh1sper

• Regular Contributor
    • Zockertown
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »

In my opinion: Airmail shipments usually arrive @ IPZ Frankfurt. Don´t they?
Just an actual update: 2014-06-20 14:23, IPZ Niederaula, The international shipment has arrived at the import parcel center
So, no Frankfurt is not alone ;-)

Offline Wh1sper

• Regular Contributor
    • Zockertown
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »

In my opinion: Airmail shipments usually arrive @ IPZ Frankfurt. Don´t they?
Just an actual update: 2014-06-20 14:23, IPZ Niederaula, The international shipment has arrived at the import parcel center

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2014, 07:13:12 pm »
Double post?
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2014, 09:45:33 pm »

That's just splitting hairs. Niederaula has no international airport. Shipments are only transported to the "IPZ2" Niederaula.  Reason: The IPZ Ffm at the airport has not enough place for expanding. The Customs procedure is totally the same. Probably less interesting for everyone else here.

If the package clears your customs smoothly I'd estimate that it should arrive in about 2 weeks after the day it was shipped, but it's really hard to say. Normally I would ask my customers to wait about 6 weeks and if the order doesn't arrive within that time I would issue a full refund. I would of course highly appreciate it if the customer pays me back in case it does eventually arrive after that.

Please contact me directly either through here or the eBay messaging system if there's any concern. Please don't open a dispute case before contacting me, that will help me as a seller immensely!

Don´t worry.
I´m not interested to open a dispute case at ebay. Because of your postings here and in other forums I have enough confidence to further go without.  In my opinion it would be a failure to treat a seller like you in this way. In fact, I think: It would be counterproductive for a long term sight.

Greetings,

Hartmut

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2014, 01:10:17 am »
Franky, have you considered carrying one of those SMD tweezer meters such as this ones?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Tweezers-SMD-Tester-RC-Resistance-Capacitance-Diode-Meter-Tester-Auto-Scan/111328451982?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D21235%26meid%3D7877469380644301257%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D9374%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D161342932882&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tweezers-Capacitance-Resistance-Diode-Test-Tester-Pen-Multimeter-Meter-R-C-SMD-/161342932882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2590c9c792

I am in the market for one (I care about R, C and Diodes, not that much about L).

I actually have! It's one of those many items which I have had a look at, and am actually happy about the quality but just never got the time to list in my store. This thread makes it easier for me to post stuff like these :)

Here are a few pictures I took of the Mastech MS8910. It actually works quite well, reasonably accurate and all that. The yellow one you posted looks like a V&A VA503. I might have a look at that one too when I come back from my holiday in a few weeks.

My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2014, 02:53:13 am »
I actually have! It's one of those many items which I have had a look at, and am actually happy about the quality but just never got the time to list in my store. This thread makes it easier for me to post stuff like these :)

Here are a few pictures I took of the Mastech MS8910. It actually works quite well, reasonably accurate and all that. The yellow one you posted looks like a V&A VA503. I might have a look at that one too when I come back from my holiday in a few weeks.

Let's us know when you will have one posted for sale. You have good reputation so If you will evaluate and pick a good one it will save me the research ;-)

Others may be interested as well.

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2014, 03:54:38 am »
i'd buy one just to pull the guts out of and put a lead and a pair of banana jacks on.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2014, 04:09:05 am »
i'd buy one just to pull the guts out of and put a lead and a pair of banana jacks on.

Wouldn't something like the a pair of common SMD tweezers with banana plugs be a cheaper option in that case? You can just replace the plugs with jacks. You can find those by just searching "SMD tweezers" on eBay.

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2014, 05:09:27 am »

Wouldn't something like the a pair of common SMD tweezers with banana plugs be a cheaper option in that case? You can just replace the plugs with jacks. You can find those by just searching "SMD tweezers" on eBay.

Generally the build quality is absolutely rubbish, they have very little strength against torsion, so the tips are easily out of alignment and is very frustrating, that and the cabling is horrendous too, may as well be made of smelted down coke cans...

That meter on the other hand looks like the actual tweezers are well made, nice steel tweezers with pretty solid looking tweezer heads - which are needed if you want to probe a board that needs a bit of pressure to get through the oxide layers for a good reading.

On the other hand, if you know of a really good set of tweezers, id be more than happy to know/have a review on them.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2014, 05:15:56 am »

Ebay has cheap tweezers like this one and more fancy ones. Search for: smd tweezers

http://r.ebay.com/nuPdIx

It also comes stock with some LCR meters http://r.ebay.com/S1Avxt

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2014, 06:40:26 am »

Ebay has cheap tweezers like this one and more fancy ones. Search for: smd tweezers
I have the two tweezers you linked.
the first one is really cheap and feel cheap. it seems you will break it if you dont pay attention.
the second one (with the deree 5000) feels really more robust and is nice to use.

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2014, 06:52:10 am »

I've used the first one, it was complete garbage. I've used the second ones, whilst not bad, they certainly aren't great either.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2014, 07:39:40 am »
I've used the first one, it was complete garbage. I've used the second ones, whilst not bad, they certainly aren't great either.

I have a couple of the first ones, they work fine, but how are you using them?, as an tweezer to pick up things?, that doesnt work :)
But for measurements, no problems.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2014, 07:44:27 am »
Generally the build quality is absolutely rubbish, they have very little strength against torsion, so the tips are easily out of alignment and is very frustrating, that and the cabling is horrendous too, may as well be made of smelted down coke cans...

That meter on the other hand looks like the actual tweezers are well made, nice steel tweezers with pretty solid looking tweezer heads - which are needed if you want to probe a board that needs a bit of pressure to get through the oxide layers for a good reading.

On the other hand, if you know of a really good set of tweezers, id be more than happy to know/have a review on them.

You're right. The tweezers on these meters do seem to have a much more decent build quality than those cheap plastic ones. The tips are very sharp too so you will have no problem poking through oxidation at all. The only small issue I have with them is that the tips are a bit too close together so if you're measuring bigger components you will need to stick a finger between the 2 arms to spread them out a little. As the core of the 2 arms are actually metal all the way from tip to base, if you spread them enough they would actually stay apart so it's a non-issue I guess.

And I just had a second look at the yellow meter Zapta linked to and it doesn't look like it has the same metal core construction. The tips are rounded too so may not work very well with oxidized contacts.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2014, 09:15:43 am »
Hi

Just got my DT-337 milliamp clamp meter.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
The 4amp ac range reads a constant overload.
The 80amp ac range reads 6.9 amps away from all wires. I can zero it out but I still can't read current with it.
The 80amp dc range reads 280.3 amps away from all wires. lol.
The 4amp ac range reads a 2.427 amps away from all wires.

I will take the back off and have a look.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2014, 09:28:42 am »
Ok all good.

I had put NiMh cells in both fully charged but it didn't like them.
I stole some batteries from the TV remote and it is measuring current fine.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2014, 09:33:32 am »
Ok all good.

I had put NiMh cells in both fully charged but it didn't like them.
I stole some batteries from the TV remote and it is measuring current fine.

I'm glad to hear that! Yes, I forgot to mention that. Another customer told me before that the meter doesn't like NiMh batteries.

Offline Wh1sper

• Regular Contributor
    • Zockertown
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2014, 03:31:55 pm »
Franky, have you considered carrying one of those SMD tweezer meters such as this ones?
I am in the market for one (I care about R, C and Diodes, not that much about L).
I do own a MASTECH MS8910 (as first link)
bought it directly in Germany @pollin.de
It's surprisingly excact and it is quite well to handle with.
I wish the tweezers had a little more space in between so one could measure other parts beside SMD, too.

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19:46 am »
So I´m curious how long it will last. Some days ago I´ve ordered some little items in your eBay-store (as User: Pa...ne2005). They are immediately marked as sended (June, 11th).  :-+

If the package clears your customs smoothly I'd estimate that it should arrive in about 2 weeks after the day it was shipped, but it's really hard to say. Normally I would ask my customers to wait about 6 weeks and if the order doesn't arrive within that time I would issue a full refund. I would of course highly appreciate it if the customer pays me back in case it does eventually arrive after that.

Please contact me directly either through here or the eBay messaging system if there's any concern. Please don't open a dispute case before contacting me, that will help me as a seller immensely!

Nothing to complain, items in perfect condition just arrived today yesterday.

(dd.mm.yyyy)
Order via eBay    :   10.06.2014
Sending from HK   :   11.06.2014 (free economy international shipping, as ordered)
Items received    :   27.06.2014

Very well. It should be everytime working in this kind...

Till the next time, greetings

Hartmut

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2014, 02:14:25 am »

Nothing to complain, items in perfect condition just arrived today yesterday.

(dd.mm.yyyy)
Order via eBay    :   10.06.2014
Sending from HK   :   11.06.2014 (free economy international shipping, as ordered)
Items received    :   27.06.2014

Very well. It should be everytime working in this kind...

Till the next time, greetings

Hartmut

Brilliant! Thanks a lot for sharing this information. This info is very useful for me to understand better shipping times to different parts of the world. Thanks again!

P.S. I have just set my eBay store to away mode as I'll be leaving for a rather lengthy holiday tomorrow. I won't be able to process any order until I return but will still be able to answer any questions through this forum or email. I will return on July 17.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:16:08 am by iloveelectronics »

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:19 am »
P.S. I have just set my eBay store to away mode as I'll be leaving for a rather lengthy holiday tomorrow.
You should change the title of the thread and maybe your signature to reflect your absence until July 17?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2014, 05:29:46 am »
Enjoy your holiday Frankie.

Offline motocoder

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2014, 08:55:31 am »
Have a good holiday.

I just wanted to say that I obtained the parts I ordered a few days ago (cables with shrouded banana plugs and some tips for them), and the quality is excellent. I'll definitely be steering some business your way.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2014, 12:34:56 am »
Just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that I just came back from my holiday, though still may not be functioning at full speed yet due to a massive jet lag...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf