Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 275350 times)

Offline BillWojo

• Regular Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2014, 03:20:43 am »
Hi Franky, any chance that you have meter extension leads about 6' or 2 meters long? I prefer the 90 degree plugs on the meter end (for my Fluke 179). There are plenty of times when I'm working on CNC machines that I need to read the meter and operate the control. Long lead extensions would be nice.
Thank you
BillWojo

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2014, 03:26:45 am »
Hi Franky, any chance that you have meter extension leads about 6' or 2 meters long? I prefer the 90 degree plugs on the meter end (for my Fluke 179). There are plenty of times when I'm working on CNC machines that I need to read the meter and operate the control. Long lead extensions would be nice.
Thank you
BillWojo

I don't stock these but I can custom order them from my supplier. No minimum order requirement but it will take about a week longer as I only order these along with my usual stock replenishing orders. Just let me know your specific needs (length, types of connectors, wire size, etc).
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline BillWojo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2014, 03:57:56 am »
Hi Franky, like I stated, about 2 meter in length with right angle connectors to plug into my Fluke and on the other end straight connectors to plug regular leads or attachments into. As far as wire size, the regular gauge wire that Fluke uses for there standard test leads would be fine. They need to hold up in a machine shop enviroment. No fancy test benches for me, usually working off a dirty floor covered with metal chips looking into a dirty control cabinet with a schematic laid out next to me. Lets add in poor lighting to. Yep, that's my usual work enviroment.
A long set of rugged extension cables would be nice. Let me know how much. You take paypal?
Thanks
BillWojo

Offline motocoder

• Supporter
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2014, 04:41:17 am »
Just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that I just came back from my holiday, though still may not be functioning at full speed yet due to a massive jet lag...

Welcome back.

Just saw that you have some leads with shrouded, stackable connectors. I am really happy with the shrouded leads I got from you previously, but really wished they were stackable. So these will be perfect.

Offline rexxar

• Frequent Contributor
    • Forever Tinkering
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2014, 07:08:20 am »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2014, 08:23:43 am »
Franky, can you get these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Degree-Right-Angled-Power-Supply-IEC-Plug-Connector-Adaptor-Vertical-/200906777825 but with the connector rotated 180 degrees?

You were not the first to ask but unfortunately the product you want doesn't seem to exist. The closest I was able to find was a cable with injection molded connectors, with the angled one you want on one end and a Chinese/Aussie style plug on the other.

Offline covictor

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2014, 12:54:36 am »
Glad to see you're back, sir.  I hope you had a good vacation.  I just placed an order for a UT139C.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:39 am »
Glad to see you're back, sir.  I hope you had a good vacation.  I just placed an order for a UT139C.

Vacation was great! Saw your order, will be shipping it this afternoon (HK time). Thanks!

Offline sorin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:08 am »
Hello!
TASI-8620 Thermometer have the calibration function like DM6802 ?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:49:45 am by sorin »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2014, 01:10:50 pm »
Hello!
TASI-8620 Thermometer have the calibration function like DM6802 ?
Thank you!

It's not mentioned in the manual so I'll have to assume that it doesn't.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - Israel customers
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:52 am »
Just a quick note for my customers in Israel. The post office has just stopped accepting any Israel-bound packages via air. As a result, I will not be able to process any Israeli orders until further notice from the post office. My apologies for that.

I did send out a few packages in the last couple of days which were destined for Israel, before they stopped accepting them. I suspect these package will experience some delay in their delivery. If you happen to be one of those customers, please let me know of your concerns. Thanks!

Offline DMManiac

Re: BM257
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2014, 09:45:28 am »
Hi Franky, I’m eyeing the Brymen BM257. I was wondering if you had compared its accuracy against your voltage standard since you did your quick review?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2014, 10:13:10 am »
I usually test DMM's on 4 DC voltages, 2.5, 5.0, 7.5, and 10. Based on my experience with the many BM257's I've tested and sold,
they are almost always spot on or within 1 count on 2.5, 7.5 and 10V. It is usually about 2-5 counts (3rd decimal place) high on the 5V, but even that's only 0.04-0.1% out, which is still well within its specs (0.2%+3d).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:14:44 am by iloveelectronics »

Offline DMManiac

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2014, 10:17:16 am »
Thanks for replying so quickly! I suppose what I meant was, did you ever have happen to test one after one year (for example) to see if it had drifted at all?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2014, 10:32:32 am »
I haven't tested my own unit for accuracy since that review. I don't think I had the same standards back then though (was just comparing readings with the BM867 I also own), so it will be hard to compare now. I will do some testing tonight anyway and report back.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2014, 01:56:59 pm »
Thanks for replying so quickly! I suppose what I meant was, did you ever have happen to test one after one year (for example) to see if it had drifted at all?

Just tested my own BM257 with the same standard voltages, and it behaves just like any other new BM257 I have tested. I guess it's fairly safe to say that it hasn't drifted much, if at all.

Offline BillWojo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »
Hi Franky, any news on my extra long test leads? I didn't want you to forget about them.
Take care

BillWojo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2014, 02:52:05 pm »
Hi Franky, any news on my extra long test leads? I didn't want you to forget about them.
Take care

BillWojo

I didn't forget :) I ordered them along with my weekly shipment from my supplier. They should be arriving tomorrow and I'll get in touch as soon as I have them in my hand.

Offline DMManiac

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2014, 02:42:46 am »

Just tested my own BM257 with the same standard voltages, and it behaves just like any other new BM257 I have tested. I guess it's fairly safe to say that it hasn't drifted much, if at all.
Thanks for doing that, that sounds very good.

Do you still invite people to PM you about purchases?

Oh, there was one other thing I was curious about — the data sheet says that the low voltage indicator lights up “below approx 2.3V”. That suggests that it would be OK to use Ni-MH cells with it, but I was wondering whether you (or someone else) had any experience with that.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2014, 03:53:39 am »
Thanks for doing that, that sounds very good.

Do you still invite people to PM you about purchases?

Oh, there was one other thing I was curious about — the data sheet says that the low voltage indicator lights up “below approx 2.3V”. That suggests that it would be OK to use Ni-MH cells with it, but I was wondering whether you (or someone else) had any experience with that.

I welcome any form of purchase :) I'm happy with either eBay or forum PM purchases, the only difference is the price for the buyer as I can offer 5% discount on private deals but not through eBay. With eBay things are more automated though (notifications, etc) so they have their advantages too.

As for Ni-MH cells I haven't got them here myself but I have tested the meter with a PSU set to 2.4V and it seems to work just fine, taking good readings and no low battery warning.

Offline DMManiac

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2014, 04:20:01 am »
Good to know! Thanks, PM sent.

Offline covictor

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2014, 05:30:07 pm »

Vacation was great! Saw your order, will be shipping it this afternoon (HK time). Thanks!
Wow.  It was delivered yesterday.  Thank you.

Offline Flump

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2014, 05:23:34 pm »
Franky do you sell a 4mm adaptor which has single male one end and double female the other so you can plug 2 test leads in to one binding post ?

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2014, 09:25:45 pm »
Why not just stack the plugs?

Offline v1t0r

• Contributor
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2014, 09:28:41 pm »
Hi Franky, how much it costs the PL-50 feed through termination that is shown in the last video of mjlorton.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf