Author Topic: FS(EU): Trinocular Metalurgy/Compound Microscope - sold  (Read 734 times)

Offline FFY00Topic starter

• Contributor
FS(EU): Trinocular Metalurgy/Compound Microscope - sold
« on: February 11, 2024, 12:25:31 pm »
Ships from Portugal. Will be disassembled and packed carefully.

This is a good entry-level microscope — it was my first one, used it to look at semiconductors and get started in the "micro" world.
It is a 160mm platform and was sold by Amscope, I cannot find the exact listing, but it's pretty much this base model, but with a 4 objective turret, and comes with extra objectives: https://amscope.com/products/me300ta-8m
It comes with two sets of eyepieces, WF10X and WF16X, and 5 Plan objectives, with the same parfocality (meaning you don't lose focus when switching between objectives):
- 4x 0.1NA (dry)
- 10x 0.25NA (dry)
- 40x 0.65NA (dry)
- 63x 0.85NA (dry)
- 100x 1.25NA (oil immersion)
Additionally, it also comes filters for use in both the metallurgical and compound configurations, and the manual.
The trinocular function is activated by pushing a lever on the right side of the head, and when engaged, a beamsplitter is used to split the image between the eyepieces and the camera port. This means that, unlike in cheaper models, you don't lose image in the eyepieces when the trinocular function is engaged.
With the provided accessories, the microscope is able to go from 40x (WF10X + 4x) to 1600x (WF16X + 100x) magnification at the eyepieces.

It is used, but well-kept, and in good shape. The only issue I have noticed is that, rarely, when the rough focusing dial is in a specific position, it slowly rotates due to the weight of its gearbox — this can be simply fixed by rotating the rough knob out of that position, and using the fine knob to get in focus. I think this is a design flaw of the platform, but maybe there's an adjustment that can be made.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Reason to sell: Upgraded to a new platform, which is more suitable for hi-res imaging and semiconductor work (probing, etc.), and I don't need the compound functionality, so it is redundant. I think I have been holding on to it for the memories, but hopefully it can find a new home, and help someone in the same way it helped me.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7N6L5vC3aAvEd9WV6

Asking 500EUR OBO (or best offer) + Shipping
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:02:09 am by FFY00 »

Offline FFY00Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: FS(EU): Trinocular Metalurgy/Compound Microscope
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 11:22:34 am »
Asking price update: 450EUR OBO + Shipping

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf