Author Topic: SOLD: [CH/EU] Triax cables  (Read 2371 times)

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
SOLD: [CH/EU] Triax cables
« on: January 15, 2023, 04:50:08 pm »
I'm selling some old low-noise triax cables which I no longer need for cheap, comparable in price with Chinese non-low-noise cables (careful about the blue ones, they can be twinax  :palm:). Shipping from Switzerland by Swiss Post, all prices excluding shipping and tax. As I'm usually busy during working hours, please allow some delay in reply and shipping. Price negotiation and comments (public or private) welcomed. Most cables are only visually inspected, only continuity and mating are guaranteed, as I don't have the capability to characterize them yet (still planning for a DIY test fixture for my 617 or waiting for one to appear on ebay). I didn't manage to create inline attachments, the filenames should correspond to items, please PM if you want to see more pictures. 1 CHF=1 EUR if preferred.

1. Keithley 6011, 1.5 m (5 ft) of triax cable (SC-22) terminated with a 2-slot triax plug on one end, originally should come with alligator clips, but the alligator clips were replaced with banana jacks by a previous owner. The clear jacket around the red center connector are a bit aged and showing signs of cracking, but it should not matter much as there should be another layer of shielding inside, asking for 40 EUR.

2. Keithley 7025, 3 m (10 ft) low noise triax input cable (SC-22) terminated on one end with 2-slot male triax connector.
Number 1 has some sign of damage on the outer jacket, but the outer jacket is not penetrated and it should still work.
Number 2 has another kind of damage penetrated the outer jacket , but the grounding outer shield is not penetrated and it should also still work.
Asking 35 EUR each or 55 EUR together.

3. Keithley 7024-3,  0.9 m (3 ft) Low noise triax cable (SC-22) with 2-slot male triax connectors on each end. In perfect condition. Asking for 40 EUR.

4. Keithley 237-ALG-2, Low noise triax cable (SC-22) terminated with a 3-slot male triax connector on one end and 3 alligator clips on the other, 2 m (6.6 ft) length. The ground clip is slightly deformed, but should be trivial to bend back and it's still able to clamp firmly, minor cosmetic damage from solvents on the cable to the red clip. Otherwise the cable is in very good condition. More firmly asking for 120 EUR.

Extra 1: Original 2-lug triax connector on my Keithley 617, once suspected to have leakage problem, but may not be the case. For free together with any other purchase, only one.

Extra 2: Suhner triax cables with Suhner BNT connector on both ends. Weird connector that mates with BNC but not usual 2-slot triax, one can use them for the cable for DIY or just use as ordinary BNC cable with better shielding. For free together with any other purchase. One short and one long.

Extra 3: NI CB-68/SCB-68 breakout card and/or box. For free together with any other purchase.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 04:49:35 pm by zrq »

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FS [CH/EU] Triax cables
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 04:51:26 pm »
More pictures for the for free items.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 04:53:12 pm by zrq »

Online Gyorgy Albert

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 05:05:49 pm »
Hello, I just sent a PM. Please reply by email directly, or here if for some reasons you have not received it. Thanks, Gyorgy

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 05:07:48 pm »
Still fighting to get the attachments right... so frustrating. of course the resistor is not included.

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 05:38:42 pm »
Already got PMs for the 237-ALG-2, 6011 and one of the 7025

Offline Xtremexp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 06:11:06 pm »
Sent PM. Thanks. wish me good luck :)

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 08:30:46 pm »
Now all have been reserved...

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 09:35:15 am »
All above have been shipped. Hope the new owners can enjoy measuring picoamps.

The only disappointment I had is just realized that PayPal actually charges a significant fee for transactions, and it appears if asked to request fund from others, the receiver pays the fee. Anyway I'm selling at very low prices as a service to the community, so never mind.

I still have two more Japanese 3-lug triax breakout cables, however likely not as good as the Keithley ones. Details to follow.

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 01:13:51 pm »
I have two more Japanese 3-slot triax cable for sell for low profit, as a service for the community, although I'm honestly not sure if they are better than what you get from AliExpress (not the ebay blue ones). The model number is Ono Sokki AX-301B, with 1.5 meter of Hirakawa ECX-1.5D-2VSV cable, one Tajimi TXA104-P connector and alligator clips on the other end. The black clip is connected to the inner shield and the red to the center conductor, no grounding clip.

They have 3-slot connectors so I briefly plugged into my 617, and they do show a high leakage, measured as low as 100 GOhm in Ohms range. I'd suspect the black plastic molded breakout block is the cause. So I'm only asking for EUR 42 for both, just the price for the two triax connectors, together with a ~1.8 meter section of Suhner G 02322 triax cable so that one can DIY a cable if they feel the Japanese cables are really not suitable without modification and cutting of the black block doesn't help.

Optional Gift: Trompeter BJ157 TRS connector, brought from digikey and then realized it's not TRX triax  :rant: ., new unopened.

Accept bank transfer, PayPal is OK but buyers need to pay the transaction fees.

Edit: Added screenshots
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:55:34 pm by zrq »

Offline super7800

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 02:38:07 pm »
Pm sent.

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SOLD [CH/EU] Triax cables
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 03:07:19 pm »
All sold, the NI CB-68/SCB-68 breakout card and/or box,  Trompeter BJ157 TRS connector and another NI SCXI-1303 breakout box are still available for almost free (you name a price+shipping).

If anyone is still looking for a good 3-lug triax cable, you may consider https://www.ebay.com/itm/144373027462 , no affiliation beyond I also bought one (and actually got into a bit of problem with postage). CA-240-X appears to be the internal part number of the Keithley 4200-TRX ultra low noise cable, uses SC-181 coax which rated to lower voltage but with PTFE insulation. A way to differentiate SC-22 and SC-181 is SC-181 have a more "bright" black jacket made of FEP, rather than PVC.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 03:31:55 pm by zrq »

The following users thanked this post: alm

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: [CH/EU] Triax cables
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2023, 07:23:38 pm »
I got two more Keithley 6011 2-slot triaxial cables at hand, one have it's (seems) original alligator clips, another was modified by the original user to have a connector mating to Keithley 182 (don't know what's that for). Unfortunately these days I'm quite busy with my day job, so no time to carefully inspect them and write a proper FS post. Please let me know if there is any interest. Target price: 42 CHF each + shipping.

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 02:02:49 pm »
Thanks for the interest.
I just realized the cable with Keithley 182 like connector is not a 6011 but a 7025-10, 3 meters long.
I cannot guarantee that it mates with K182 as I don't have a K182. The connector is labeled Amphenol 16-11 and have signs of damage on the rubber stress relief. I'm also not sure if it's suitable for low level measurements.
The another 6011 is a original Keithley 6011, it has dirty crimps and the inner guard of the 2 lug triax connector is a bit deformed (see picture), but I think it should still works fine.

42 EUR or CHF + (shipping by Swiss post) for each. I'm still very busy so can only ship after next Thursday.

Sold to a user in Germany
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:55:04 pm by zrq »

Offline zrqTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2023, 02:03:57 pm »
More pictures
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:55:15 pm by zrq »

Offline dianzimi

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 01:31:31 am »