Author Topic: SOLD !!! FLIR E40BX upgraded to E60BX MSX+WIFI+10mm lens+Case  (Read 1616 times)

Offline nikoumTopic starter

• Contributor
SOLD !!! FLIR E40BX upgraded to E60BX MSX+WIFI+10mm lens+Case
« on: October 23, 2021, 07:58:45 pm »
Like new, hardly used, professional thermal camera FLIR E40 BX upgraded to E60BX  (320 x 240 IR Resolution, 60 Hz and all the features of E60 BX), MSX, WI-FI, in excellent condition. The camera is suitable for professional work of moisture detection, cooling insulation control, heating systems, mechanical, industrial control and more. In addition, a special (for this model) lens is for sale, FLIR lens p / n 1196725/1196960 10mm 45 Degree also in excellent condition. Package price: 1.650 EUR, it includes camera, 10mm lens, two batteries, charging cable, charger, cd / manuals and FLIR carrying case. I will post mainly to Europe, US, Canada, and some other countries so please contact me so we can explore it. Please feel free to make an offer but please note that i will not reply to ridiculous offers. SOLD
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:09:39 am by nikoum »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
FLIR E60BX with MSX and WI-FI upgraded from E40 BX (320 x 240 IR Resolution, 60 Hz and all the features of E60 BX)

So this is an E40 which is 'upgraded' to E60? Officially or via the hack?

• Contributor
So this is an E40 which is 'upgraded' to E60? Officially or via the hack?

It is an  E40bx that was upgraded by a proffesional but not by Flir. From what i  know, the E60bx is exaftly the same as E40bx and the only difference is the firmware/software and the resolution and this is fixed with the upgrade. As you can see from the photo it has a 490xxx serial which means it is an MK1 model with service menu which is not available on post 2013 models. The BX model is intended for building surveys and has building thermography menu features not normally found on the standard models. These features, and many more, are enabled in the configuration file of any Exx series camera. There are many useful menu options that are enabled during the upgrade so the final configuration exceeds that found on an E60. But you probably know all the above, so i am posting this info for others that may not know. This is the link on the spcifications of the bx series : https://www.flir-direct.com/pdfs/cache/www.flir-direct.com/e60bx/datasheet/e60bx-datasheet.pdf
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:09:57 am by nikoum »

Offline eplpwr

• Regular Contributor
  • Junior VoltNut
A quick search on eBay shows E40BX sold in the range EUR 700 TO 1300.

"Uphacking" is something eevblog members prefer to do themselves, and the "value" added is for personal use. Many times, the modifications are enabled by clever forum members, and the credit should go to those people.

I'm not impressed by this offering. (Unneccesary inflaming comment. Apologies.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 06:34:00 am by eplpwr »

• Contributor
A quick search on eBay shows E40BX sold in the range EUR 700 TO 1300.

"Uphacking" is something eevblog members prefer to do themselves, and the "value" added is for personal use. Many times, the modifications are enabled by clever forum members, and the credit should go to those people.

I'm not impressed by this offering.

Can you please show me a link that shows prices for E40BX sold in the range EUR 700 ? Here is a link to ebay with real, not hypothetical, prices :https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=flir+e40bx&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=FLIR+E60BX&_osacat=0&_sop=15

Also have you checked the price of the 10mm lens ? Here are three ebay links
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324829419499?hash=item4ba15797eb:g:CBkAAOSwbP5hZpVU
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154540418747?hash=item23fb53a6bb:g:4AMAAOSwsRxg-W2h
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274977457633?hash=item4005ef05e1:g:v~EAAOSwqTxhX0JC

Also as i mention in my post i am open to sensible offers. Lastly I do not understand and do not appreciate your comment "I'm not impressed by this offering". I am just trying to sell my camera here, i am not trying to full anybody, so i did not ask you for your oppinion. This a buy and sell section not an oppinion poll.

Offline eplpwr

• Regular Contributor
  • Junior VoltNut
1. Go to eBay.
2. Search for E40BX
3. Check the box "Sold items" at the lower left.

Unfortunately, few eBay users know of or use this function, thus new listing prices are commonly based on the flawed searches of like items offered for sale. Forever listings on auto-relist with fantasy very high prices made eBay into a mess, as opposed to when a listing was a real auction. Things definitely were better before.

Edit: spelling, unneccesary language
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 06:36:25 am by eplpwr »

• Contributor
@eplpwr
I would appreciate if you can stop this. As i said this a buy and sell section not an opinion poll and the price is less than i have paid. If you do not like it please do not buy and move on.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
As i said this a buy and sell section not an opinion poll

As it stands you're essentially selling a hack. That hack is available on EEVBlog because, as the chap said, a lot of people have done work pro bono and made it available. So there are two issues: 1. you are selling other people's work for profit, 2. you are misrepresenting the product (there is no official 'upgrade'), 3. the more people do this the less likely we will have future hacks because either they get pissed off with sales like this or FLiR start getting heavy and/or making it impossible to do.

If you want to sell your thing here the normal way is to sell it as what it is officially - that is, an E40. The lucky buyer might be impressed with the extended feature set.

As to prices, this is an actual sale (as opposed to what the vendor thinks he might get - eplpwr is correct to point out the difference):

eBay auction: #234067463627

As you can see, it didn't make it's BIN price and sold for less.

• Contributor
New reduced package price 1650 euro.

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
@nikoum: Don't let anyone talk you down on the price (especially if they are not interested in buying anywar).
If someone thinks they can get an E40/E60 for 650 euros on Ebay, then they should try to buy the camera there. You may search old Ebay auctions and there was always a super mega-deal - yes, someone got lucky. Very rarely (almost never) are you able to get the item yourself for such a price.
Why? The one who bid 650 euros probably bid 1500, but there was no one left to bid more than 650. So he got it for 650. The one who bid 650 euros probably bid 1500, but there was no one left to bid more than 650. If you had bid, the price would have gone up to 1500 euros before you won.

My advise: You could easily sell the extra lens alone on Ebay for 300-500 euros. My tip: sell the camera and lens separately. Then you should make about 2K in total.

If you anybody is looking for a Flix EX: these 1650€ including the extra lens are a very yery good deal!

(I am in no way connected with the seller and do not know him either)

The following users thanked this post: nikoum

Offline billyt

• Contributor
I fully agree with @pinkus. Just ignore these comments as they are not here to buy and also nobody asked for their opinion. I have send you a pm.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf