Author Topic: FS [UK]: Tektronix TDS 2024B 4-channel 200MHz oscilloscope.  (Read 1322 times)

Offline alanambroseTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
FS [UK]: Tektronix TDS 2024B 4-channel 200MHz oscilloscope.
« on: December 08, 2022, 05:44:27 pm »
Tidying continues...used but good:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304728605724

Alan
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FS [UK]: Tektronix TDS 2024B 4-channel 200MHz oscilloscope.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 08:44:21 pm »
700 GBP is a pretty high price considering what you can buy from Rigol or Siglent with this money.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 09:17:00 pm »
There's an option to make offer.

It does seem a tad high, but even broken TDS3000 scopes regularly fetch $500+ so this may not be too far out of line. I've never used a TDS2000 series so I don't know how they compare. They lack the TekProbe interface which is something that makes the 3000 desirable but they do have the 4:3 display, a USB port and the Tek name and interface design which are all selling points.

Bottom line is it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 01:17:13 am »
it is high, you can get some of the tds3xxx series for less ???

I've played with theses series, they are basic, BUT have an useful function for the B series,  the AUTORANGE voltage, something the 3k series should have added

When you do repetitives measurements, you wont play as much with the controls, but need a little time to set
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 07:03:32 am by coromonadalix »

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 10:19:50 am »
Maybe there is still people want to spend hundreds of euro for the brand name for sentimental reasons. Or need 200MHz but insisting not to hack Rigol or Siglent for moral reason. I understand that, please feel free.
The 2.5kpts memory is a big no-go for me :-//, given a deep memory is so useful and the Chinese scopes can offer 3 orders of magnitude more for 799 EUR.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 01:15:22 pm »
Are you looking to make a derisory low offer on this or just want to trash any potential sale?

If you think the price is too high (or low!) then perhaps a PM explaining that would be more appropriate than rubbishing the sale in public.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 04:46:55 pm »
Are you looking to make a derisory low offer on this or just want to trash any potential sale?

If you think the price is too high (or low!) then perhaps a PM explaining that would be more appropriate than rubbishing the sale in public.
Agreed. It is not done to take a piss on what people offer to sell. BTW: people who think Rigol & Siglent offer the same for less are going to learn a hard lesson at some point. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:37:54 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 08:38:16 am »

Exactly. Don’t trash someone’s sale, that’s so rude.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 12:54:17 pm »
I would say not rude if explained the right way, and not in a pm

For myself,   i did say respectfully  it is kinda high priced, but still a good scope,  and being honest with the pricing doesnt hurt,   if done correctly,   the OP did not make any comment and pushed it to ebay

Time will tell if he's right or wrong ... he's added  an make an offer option .....

I've seen good stuff on Ebay  having an hard time to be sold after so many "put it back to auction after many attempts"  because the pricing was not right.

just a matter of doing some homework to check used stuff pricings ... and get an general idea of asking some selling price.

I tried to sell an fluke 105 serie II scope here, it was not a success, i pushed it to ebay at a very resonable price and was sold, the price was calculated slighlty higher because of the ebay fee's

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2022, 01:22:45 pm »
I thought it's very common to be outspoken for shortcomings and prices on this board and this is not discouraged. It doesn't only serve sellers but also buyers.

Anyway, it is indeed kind of rude spoiling others sale. I'll stop here.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2022, 06:45:27 pm »
I tried to sell an fluke 105 serie II scope here, it was not a success, i pushed it to ebay at a very resonable price and was sold, the price was calculated slighlty higher because of the ebay fee's

People here are typically looking for a bargain, ebay is where you go if you want top dollar. As you mention, the fees take a significant chunk out of that so items need to be priced accordingly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf