Author Topic: FS [US] - 10,000 Watt, 80V, 125A Variable Power Supply - $800  (Read 452 times)

Offline Retirednerd2020Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
$800   So, you know you want it!   MDL:  PQAiii-80-125

Well, I hope someone will want it.  It is of no use to me any longer.  I listed this separate from my other "Bunch of equipment..." because it is kind of unique.

The good:
0-80V 0-125A   Voltage and current regulated.
Front control knobs and controls
Front voltage and current meters
Includes an input line-cord with plug ~6 Feet.
It has a serial connector so it should be programmable via serial SCPI commands.  (I need to verify this)  It also has an RJ45 connector but I don't know if it is an ethernet connector.  Will verify.
Trusted brand.  Magna-power makes very reliable equipment.

The less good:
Weighs 125 Lbs
Requires 208V or 240V Three Phase Input Power (Set up for 208 but internally strappable)
Don't be surprised if you have to trade out the electrolytic capacitors on this unit at some point in the future.
There was a guard over the output busbars (A plate on standoffs) that was bent so I removed it.  The bars themselves are fine.

Notes:
Shipping/Handling to lower 48 might be about $280, maybe a bit less.  I put in 98321 to 04619 (Coast to Coast) and it came out to $250 UPS Ground.  I will get a better quote once we get to that point.
I will need a few days to gather the packing materials to ship this securely.
If you are serious about buying this I will set it up on a bench and test it under load.  It will take me a good part of a day to set up for the test.  I don't know if I can do the whole 125A due to lack of loads and I don't know how my 3 Phase source will react to this type of load.  I'll also pull off the top cover and give it a visual inspection.
It has been unplugged for about 5 years and in clean storage.  It probably ran for a grand total of 2-3 Weeks in a temporary lab setup over a period of 3 or so years.  It sat new in box for a couple of years.
I think this was manufactured in 2014.

For reference, A shiny-new equivalent power size PS would run about $6000-8000 today.   Similar make/year models selling at about $2500-$3000 recently on ebay.  If you can use it, this is a very good price.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 02:19:46 am by Retirednerd2020 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf