Author Topic: FS (US): Books, old analog/digital theory+apps+databooks - pay postage only  (Read 1669 times)

Online D StraneyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Have been going through some old books, mostly from late 50's to early 80's and originally owned by my grandfather who worked on electronic turbine controls at GE.  Some of them I'm keeping, but as there's also plenty of subject matter overlap / things I'm already familiar with / things I have no use for / etc. figured I'd try and get the rest to people who would have a use for them.

Not trying to make money off this, so I'll send you a photo of the post office receipt (USPS), and just paypal me that shipping cost (I'll PM you my e-mail so it's not sitting around here to get harvested for spam).  USPS media mail is really cheap, so far 3 books or less have been <$10; I'd estimate anywhere from $5-$15 depending on number of books.  US shipping only, don't want to have to deal with customs forms and similar hassle.

(Blue ones are new as of 2022-04-15)
(Green ones are new as of 2022-04-23...oops, realized I'd accidentally missed a couple from the last batch)

Hobbyist/General:
  • Engineer's Notebook II, Integrated Circuit Applications (Mims, 1982)
  • The Robot Builder's Bonanza, 99 Inexpensive Robotics Projects (McComb, 1987)
  • The Robot Builder's Bonanza " 2nd Edition (McComb, 2001)
  • Electronic Engineer's Reference Book, 5th ed. (Butterworths) - heavy; a big "overview" book with lots of short chapters by different people on a massive range of subjects from math and devices through specific applications
  • Solid-State Devices Manual (RCA, 1975) - more of a circuit dictionary, covers applications/example circuits/basic design considerations for ICs and transistors over a wide range of uses (SMPS to RF amps to digital logic to ignition circuits), doesn't go seriously in depth into the theory or show detailed calculations very often
  • McGraw-Hill Circuit Encyclopedia & Troubleshooting Guide, Volume 4 (Lenk, 1998) - more of an IC applications handbook than anything else

Semiconductors:
  • Transistor Manual, 6th ed. (GE, late 50s/early 60s?)
  • Controlled Rectifier Manual (GE, 1960)
  • Transistor Physics and Circuits (Riddle/Ristenbatt, 1958) - heavy math and small-signal amplifier theory, BJTs only
  • Transistor Circuit Analysis and Design (Fitchen, 1960) - heavy math and small-signal amplifier theory, BJTs only
  • Handbook of Transistor Circuit Design (Pullen, 1961) - heavy math and small-signal amplifier theory, BJTs only

Mixed-Signal/Data Acquisition:
  • Analog-Digital Conversion Notes (ADI, 1977)
  • IC Converter Cookbook (Jung, 1978)
  • Transducer interfacing Handbook: A Guide to Analog Signal Conditioning (ADI, 1981) - covers industrial sensor interfacing, inc. specific sensor types, isolation and common-mode, special filter types, useful circuits and methods

Digital:
  • TTL Cookbook (Lancaster, 1975)
  • Fundamentals and Applications of Digital Logic Circuits (Libes, 1975)
  • COS/MOS Integrated Circuits Manual (RCA, 1972)
  • Bipolar & CMOS Memory Data Book (Harris, 1978)
  • Microprocessor Systems Handbook (ADI, 1979)

Programming/IT:
  • Introduction to Programming, PDP-8 Family Computers (DEC, 1969)
  • C/C++ Mathematical Algorithms for Scientists and Engineers (Shammas, 1995)
  • BASIC Stamp Programming Manual version 2.0 (Parallax, 2000)
  • UNIX in a Nutshell (O'Reilly, 1994)
  • Guide to PICMICRO Microcontrollers (Bergquist) - assembly programming on the PIC16F series, very out of date (I got this when I was playing around with PICs for the first time in high school) so likely destined for the recycling
  • Programming and Customizing the Basic Stamp Computer, 2nd Ed. (Edwards, 2001)
  • The Microcontroller Beginner's Handbook (Duarte, 1998) - a lot of PIC16-specific stuff, but also covers general-purpose microcontroller concepts and some info about other families (8051, MC68HC11, etc.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 08:54:42 pm by D Straney »

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Shock

Offline t1d

• Super Contributor
How excellent of you to share, at no profit. Kudos.

Here's a shipping tip...
USPS has/had(?) a special "book rate" for printed materials, but you have to know to ask for it, at the post office. It would actually save you a good amount of money.
Hope that helps. Cheers!

The following users thanked this post: D Straney

• Regular Contributor
That does help, much appreciated!  Looks like they're calling that "Media Mail", and yep, it's only ~$6 for 5 lbs according to the pricing chart.

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
I received the books today! Thank you!

• Regular Contributor
Added the rest of the books after doing some more sorting, updated the shipping rate estimate based on experience so far.

The following users thanked this post: RoadDog

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Just a praise and a bump. I received the books nicely packaged and they are in pristine shape. A collection well taken care. 

Thank you Don!
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
I got the books! Thanks again! Just what I need to work on one of these projects.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf