Author Topic: [SOLD] FS: [US] Exact 524 20MHz Function/Pulse Generator  (Read 394 times)

Offline BlownUpCapacitorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
[SOLD] FS: [US] Exact 524 20MHz Function/Pulse Generator
« on: February 09, 2024, 03:46:45 am »
Hi, I'm here to sell my Exact 524 Function/Pulse generator. I've had this unit for some time and am reluctant to let it go, but I have my eye on a low-cost 7904 mainframe that I want to buy. (I try to keep my hobby as money-neutral as possible, meaning I don't spend extra money on it, but rather sell and buy things as needs come and go, or in this case, desires)

I have this listed on eBay to make shipping to other parts of the nation or world easier.

EEVblog members get a $10 discount. Just message me on eBay or reply to this topic to let me know the buyer is an EEVblog member. If you are an engineering student, you get another $5 off.

eBay link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/166590213570?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CTI57OxBQDq&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=CTI57OxBQDq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This is located in Sacramento California.

[strt_eBy_desc]
What this is:
This is an Exact Model 524. Exact as in the company from Oregon state, not the adjective. The Exact 524 is a pulse/function generator, meaning it can operate as a function generator or a pulse generator. The available functions for this unit are, sine, triangle, ramp, square, positive pulse, negative pulse.

It also features a VCF input, or voltage controlled frequency. It also features a number of different outputs such as TTL and ECL. Delay is also available.

The maximum output power for this unit under a 50 ohm load with the sine function seems to be two and a quarter watts. My two 100 ohm 1/4 watt resistors tied in parallel get very hot.

Condition:
This unit is in perfectly fine working order as far as I can tell.

Physical cosmetics are okay for its age I guess. It has a cracked bezel (that I glued back together), and some minor scratches. It also has some crusty sticker residue.

The switches are a bit scratchy, so if you aren't getting any signal output, or something is wrong, you can try wiggling the switches a bit. I've tried using isopropyl and BW-100, and they have improved the problem a lot, but the problem still persists to some extent.

I've tried calibrating this unit as best as I can, but I can't find a proper service manual for it. The dials seem to be accurate enough though for most applications.

It looks like the unit may have had a lockable dual-duty tilt-bail carrying handle, however, it looks like it was purposefully removed to allow accommodation for shelf mounting by the previous owner.

What you'll get:
You'll get the Exact 524 as described above. Only that. You will not receive the Tektronix 2230 used to test the device, nor any cables apart from the power cable.

Questions?:
If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to me. I'll try my best to answer your question.

Ei:
Q: Do you know the date of manufacture?
A: By the looks of IC date codes inside, during or after the 17th week of 1984 was the date this unit was manufactured.

Q: By how much can you lower the price?
A: Send me your best offer first.

Q: Can I have the Tektronix 2230, the BNC cable, and the whole bundle of a mess of junk behind the Exact 524 included for free with the Exact 524?
A: Hell no.

Note:
Make sure to check out my other sales! I sell a little bit more than just this function/pulse generator!

(I really like USPS shipping, as you have probably noticed with the shipping options)
[end_eBy_desc]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 09:56:29 pm by BlownUpCapacitor »
Love the smell of burning capacitor electrolyte in the morning.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf