Author Topic: FS (US) HP Agilent 53131A 225 MHz Universal Counter w/010 HS Oven  (Read 991 times)

Offline twalnutsTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
Hey All,

I have another nice 53131A available for sale! Complete with some circuit pics! I will give a discount if purchased outside of Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235295414997

Thanks for looking.

Tony

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
Re: FS (US) HP Agilent 53131A 225 MHz Universal Counter w/010 HS Oven
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 12:13:11 am »
  LOL!  Priced at 3x the going price! 

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 04:54:39 am »
You are wrong. This has been recapped, calibrated and has the HS option. You won’t find any on eBay in that nice of shape.

I sell many of these with very happy customers!! 

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 09:44:18 am »
3GHZ opt:030 Universal Frequency Counter   

non recap  and no opt:10   400$ usd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134586382948?

you have to calculate the high freq option, the oven option, and the recapping ....  but ?

130$ usd shipping

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 04:26:20 pm »
Apples and oranges comparison. Just to obtain a unit with the HS oscillator is tough these days, cost is significant when they do come up.

It does however highlight the cost just to obtain a unit without anything done to it. Does it have leaky electrolytics? What other items need to be fixed prior to test? Cleaned, then finally calibration (yes I have invested in equipment to do that). Add in cost of parts, shipping, eBay fees - the list goes on really.

I offer discounts on purchases outside of eBay and have done so with members here. Finally, my work it top notch and I stand behind it.

I am sure the moderators did not intend this board for a discussion, it would be nice for others to fully understand what goes into a refurb before posting cynical comments. If you are not interested in this item, feel free to move on in peace.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 04:27:52 pm by twalnuts »

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 06:20:56 pm »
I am sure the moderators did not intend this board for a discussion, it would be nice for others to fully understand what goes into a refurb before posting cynical comments. If you are not interested in this item, feel free to move on in peace.

Perhaps it might be worth perusing the rules of this conference:

Moderator Note: We seem to get many people sign up and only post stuff for sale. [...] This section is for the occasional sale of your personal stuff.

Since you've posted only to sell stuff, and it seems that the stuff isn't exactly personal but refurbed for profit, I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on. The EEVBlog forum is apparently intended to chat about electronics stuff, and the buy/sell conference just offloading that kind of thing from the discussion threads. But I could be wrong - if you think I am, the rules do say to contact a mod first and get special dispensation or whatever.

The following users thanked this post: Ian.M, eplpwr

Offline jogri

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 09:56:00 pm »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225812766117

450€ for a unit with HS oven and 3 GHz option sold as used, so if it doesn't work you can get your money back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf