FS (US) Power Designs 2010, 0-20V 1A Precision DC Source

(1/3) > >>

ivaylo:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175376456068

PA0PBZ:
Shipping: US $109.25

No thanks

ivaylo:
I thought that you are going to say that you like the fact that bidding starts at a dollar  :P
If you are seriously looking to buy keep in mind that it's a 110V device (still unique design with a following even in Europe from what I've seen)...
Otherwise yes, it's 5 kilos shipped across the world. I did muck with eBay's shipping calculators and I think I managed to set the price to something like $75 to Europe? In any case, I'm not making any money neither from shipping nor from the device, obviously... Just think it deserves to be kept out of the dump...

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: ivaylo on August 07, 2022, 10:59:47 pm ---I thought that you are going to say that you like the fact that bidding starts at a dollar  :P
If you are seriously looking to buy keep in mind that it's a 110V device (still unique design with a following even in Europe from what I've seen)...
Otherwise yes, it's 5 kilos shipped across the world. I did muck with eBay's shipping calculators and I think I managed to set the price to something like $75 to Europe? In any case, I'm not making any money neither from shipping nor from the device, obviously... Just think it deserves to be kept out of the dump...

--- End quote ---

A few years ago I bought a PD2020 for $10, and after shipping to the UK paid ~$80. The 2020 modification for 240V was a simply resoldering the traditional transformer primary connections. Shipping is more expensive nowadays.

I really like the 2020, but I'm not sure I would bother with a 2010 in the UK.

ivaylo:
Hmm, haven’t looked into that… Do you mean the transformer already had a primary (tap?) for 240V just not soldered? Does it have enough core for 50Hz?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version