Author Topic: FS: [US] Tektronix 7613 Analog Storage Oscilloscope with plug-in(s), 7B53A/ MORE  (Read 2301 times)

Offline BlownUpCapacitorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
I am selling my 7613 oscilloscope in hope to aquire more funds to purchase other test equipment.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/166586341223?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CTI57OxBQDq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=CTI57OxBQDq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

[Begin_eby_desc]
What this is:

This is a Tektronix 7613 Analog Oscilloscope. It is a part of the 7000 series family of "mainframes". These are modular scope accepting a wide variety of 7000 series plug-ins. This particular model, the 7613, has a bandwidth of 100MHz. It offers two vertical plug-in bays, and one horizontal plug-in. With two 7A26s or relative equivalent plug-ins, it can achieve the full 100MHz bandwidth with 4 analog channels.

The special part about this scope is that it's an analog storage scope. As seen in the first image, with nothing connected, it still has a sine wave saved on the screen.

What you'll get:

You will receive a Tektronix 7613, one single 7B53A 100MHz timebase plug-in (see important notes about this plug in).

You will not receive the 7A26 plug-in shown in the photos. Unless you offer $10 more. That was for demonstration purposes.

Condition:

The Tektronix 7613 Oscilloscope Mainframe itself is fully functional. It is missing the plastic around the intensity knobs, and the bezel for the screen, but fully functional.

The -15v supply tends to drop out sometimes, but this is simply a mechanical issue. Q956 isn't super well secured into it's socket, so you may have to bang the back of the scope a few times to get it to work. The reason for this is because the pins of this transistor are thinner than normal.

Issue resolved

I had replaced Q956 in an earlier repair. The transistor is non-original.

The capacitors are old in this unit. Two have already failed by having a much lower capacitance than rated. I rectified this issue by adding new caps in parallel with most of the low voltage rails to compensate for the lost capacitance. The high voltage rail however (+130v), I replaced the capacitor with a good one. No bodging capacitors there.

Buying:

For now, this unit is for local pickup only. If I were to ship this beast, some delivery worker is likely to drop it and severely damage it. Plus its going to cost a fortune to ship anyways.

Since it's a local pick up only, you are more than welcome to haul along some of your own test equipment to test it before finalizing the sale if you'd like. Shipping added on ebay

Important Notes:

The 7B53A timebase plug-in is now working. I have repaired the damaged cam system: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/tektronix-camshaft-repair-guide/ Keep in mind though that my repair may fail in the future, be gentle with it.

The timebase triggering fixed

Everything with the plug-in works quite well.

Remember that these are all problems with ONLY the plug-in. The actual mainframe is just fine.

Questions?:

If you still have questions, you can visit a wiki site about these scopes. https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/7613

If the website does not have the desired information you are looking for, feel free to contact me. I know this scope quite well so I will be very likely be able to answer your question
[End_eby_desc]

This is located in Sacramento CA, USA.

I'm open to trades as well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 02:23:08 am by BlownUpCapacitor »
Love the smell of burning capacitor electrolyte in the morning.

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
Re: FS: [US] Tektronix 7613 Analog Storage Oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 04:49:09 am »
Update: I'll throw in a free Tek P6106 x10 probe. I think It's 250 or 200MHz.

If you want the 7A26 included, extra $10.

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 11:17:38 pm »
Special for EEVblog members:
Price is $100 for the 7613 and 7B53A

$110 for the whole thing including the 7B53A, 7613, P6106, and 7A26
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 09:18:47 pm by BlownUpCapacitor »

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 01:49:41 am »
For now, this unit is for local pickup only. If I were to ship this beast, some delivery worker is likely to drop it and severely damage it. Plus its going to cost a fortune to ship anyways.

This is located in Sacramento CA, USA.

I suspect one of the 7834s that I bought on Ebay had elements of its CRT bent from being dropped during shipping leading to geometry distortion.

I would be interested except that Sacramento is an awfully long way from New Hampshire.

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 03:37:14 am »
There is an eBay listing from another seller that is selling the same tube for the 7613. It is listed as tested so it probably works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184213426083?epid=1731149284&hash=item2ae3f9cfa3:g:~FEAAOSw5ohea8rh&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwCqmn34%2BOGOassH7rq3vsvmsfJ5xNnFHDGLbTPyoMG5pxDbb%2Fp%2B873weQCfs9M5ssZUxyche65MbLGlV5NiP4n1m1Su0A2wxQsDD8436F2ofZvtWsUgbq4g%2BcLuiNp2xicT1VcAwPtBJxUtUoJvzFflSIXL1dkWAxYE1Eta6syQX23SQA7INX0TmN%2BN5qkxhGwGZOFvAPCIyGZCDKojYyBHLeWFFGtOt0ramOX7AiGJErhpoFPTyt8i8b1WWhZXw0A%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR47Byr6xYw

They also include shipping damage protection: " All of my items are packed very well for a safe trip and I include full shipping damage insurance coverage with all of my items. " That was a quote from the seller.

However, I'm not sure if the tubes for the 7613 and the 7834 are compatible or not. They do look similar, but Tek wiki lists them with different part numbers. Also, would the specs of the tube for the 7613 meet the 400MHz bandwidth of the 7834?

Tek Wiki says the tube for the 7834 uses distributed deflection plates, something I don't think the tube for the 7613 has.

Anyways, just trying to be as helpful as possible.

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 08:23:49 pm »
I just realized the old link isn't working anymore. I have added a new working link.

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 10:36:23 pm »
However, I'm not sure if the tubes for the 7613 and the 7834 are compatible or not. They do look similar, but Tek wiki lists them with different part numbers. Also, would the specs of the tube for the 7613 meet the 400MHz bandwidth of the 7834?

Tek Wiki says the tube for the 7834 uses distributed deflection plates, something I don't think the tube for the 7613 has.

Besides distributed deflection plates, the 7834 CRT is also a storage transfer tube which supports other modes of operation for a faster writing speed.  It is completely different from the CRT used in the 7613.

At some point I would like to get one of the 3-bay 7000 storage mainframes for regular use but it is not a high priority item.

The following users thanked this post: BlownUpCapacitor

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 07:17:40 pm »
Update again: I'll also throw in the offer to switch out the faulty 7B53A with a fully functional TD-1085/U. It has a fully functional B sweep function, unlike the 7B53A. No extra cost for switching out the time bases.

I recently acquired a Tek 7904 and no longer have much of a need for my 7613. It's a storage scope which is nice, but I also have my Tek 2230 which is a 100MHz DSO.

I also added more images on the ebay listing if you want to see more photos of the TD-1085/U. It looks like it was an FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) unit, but other than that nothing else too special.

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!
Update: I resolved a few issues. The fluttering trigger for the 7B53A has been resolved by replacing a slow transistor.

-15v supply dropping out issue resolved by using deoxit on the transistor socket.

Shipping option added.

• Regular Contributor
  • pssSSHHH BOOM!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf