Author Topic: *SOLD: 18 GHz N male VNA calibration kit - Maury Microwave  (Read 454 times)

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
*SOLD: 18 GHz N male VNA calibration kit - Maury Microwave
« on: February 11, 2020, 03:03:52 am »
I have the N male portion of a Maury Microwave 8850 calibration kit.
The cal pieces are in excellent condition and are rated to 18 GHz. It is easy to get the cal parameters for this kit(8850) from the Maury website for all the major VNA players - https://www.maurymw.com/Support/vnafiles.php

Part #'s:
Open - 8810B1
Short - 8807C
Load - 2510B6

*SOLD* USD shipped to US/Can for the 3 pieces - Open/Short/Load, payment via paypal.

Any questions feel free to ask.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:34:46 am by TheSteve »
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: hendorog

Offline toastedcrumpets

• Regular Contributor
Re: *SOLD: 18 GHz N male VNA calibration kit - Maury Microwave
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 06:58:25 am »
Not suprised this went quickly, what a deal!

Online Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 09:57:57 am »
I tend to keep the price there also when it is sold, for future buyer/seller references.  ;)
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 10:54:18 am »
I tend to keep the price there also when it is sold, for future buyer/seller references.  ;)
not much point. that price is 1 out of 1001 night popping out from rare seller, either he doesnt need it anymore, in urge to get rid off, or something wrong with the specification/performance that only the seller can see. you really cant drag other seller to follow the price tag here if the unit is like new and within specification. just to get a picture...

unknown brand N (male) Calibration Kit - DC to 18 GHz $599
Kirkby 18 GHz 50 Ohm N (both gender) calibration kit - compatible to Agilent 85054D $1400
used but calibrated HP 85054B (both gender, wrench and accs $12,500 (can build a small house)

the Deepace Hung Low KC951011 (male) that i own came with my VNA is $140 new, quite similar tag to this thread ::) we can guesstimate its quality... but i dont use N connector CAL kit (they are in the box 100% time) as SMA (sacrificial and interface) is more frequently used in circuits and boards, and Kirkby SMA kit is much cheaper than its N-type. btw, i bought SMA Gore cables from TheSteve about a year ago, decent quality and price, but one cable's connector need care tightening and sometime need wiggling a bit to get good flat 50 ohm respond to 6GHz, the other cable is fine, maybe incompatibility with my N-sma hunglow adapter, cant really tell, but Steve claimed it to within specification and gauge checked. both appearance like new.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:01:24 am by Mechatrommer »
if something can select, how cant it be intelligent? if something is intelligent, how cant it exist?

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 05:19:21 pm »
Sometimes I leave the price, other times I've removed it, sometimes it just works out that it is a nice place to edit the post to say something is sold.
Mechatrommer sorry to hear you had an issue with one of the cables - I don't believe you ever mentioned it to me though. I would have happily returned them if you weren't happy.
The cables were absolutely checked with an Agilent 11752D gauge set and used by me with my 26.5 GHz VNA's. I switched my entire lab to 3.5mm. Are you using a torque wrench with the cables? I find it is always necessary to use proper torque to get repeatable measurements into the GHz with SMA/3.5mm connectors. I use 56 N-cm with SMA and 90 N-cm with 3.5mm, determined by the male connector if interfacing between the two.

Edit - I do generally remove all details of a forsale post if the item was sold locally or on a different forum.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:17:06 pm by TheSteve »
VE7FM

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 05:56:06 pm »
Agreed. Some people have the tendency to remove the prices or whole ads while the they're welcome as references. Most can be found with a bit of digging but it doesn't seem necessary.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 12:49:11 am »
Mechatrommer sorry to hear you had an issue with one of the cables - I don't believe you ever mentioned it to me though. I would have happily returned them if you weren't happy.
The cables were absolutely checked with an Agilent 11752D gauge set and used by me with my 26.5 GHz VNA's. I switched my entire lab to 3.5mm. Are you using a torque wrench with the cables? I find it is always necessary to use proper torque to get repeatable measurements into the GHz with SMA/3.5mm connectors. I use 56 N-cm with SMA and 90 N-cm with 3.5mm, determined by the male connector if interfacing between the two.
glad to hear your concern, but i think i will keep the cable and be happy about it, istr posting it somewhere in another thread just after i received it but maybe you didnt catch that. i cant entirely blame on you, its more probably due to my incompetence, and low grade adapter used, maybe too less female part inside it causing inadequate contact with one of the cable. thats why i didnt approach you, sending it back will cause too much money lost in shipping anyway + the price you offered and testing confidence you claimed cant be found in ebay (i may have a gems in my drawer without knowing it ;))

some standard that i find disturbing to me though is the thing such as the standard torque required, i find it too strong for my taste. once i tried to reach that torque level using china torque wrench, it feels like it will wear the sma thread too soon or snap the connector out from the pcb, so i decided just to tighten to the level that i'm comfortable with and when VNA result is not wiggling too much, ie steady rock solid. the cable is doing fine when i put more tightening to it, so i guess we have to reach the standard torque goal for it to work properly. 90N-cm is like putting a 9kg weight at the end of a 1cm lever connected to the SMA connector, try to hold that steady with your hand instead of the sma connector... this is an expensive business where we will need to keep buying new cables when the connector torn apart sooner with that kind of force imho. sometime i feel the committee that came up with this figure is nonsensical, but its probably just me :palm:
if something can select, how cant it be intelligent? if something is intelligent, how cant it exist?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf