Author Topic: FS: Advance Sonar course book  (Read 1132 times)

Offline ricko_ukTopic starter

• Super Contributor
FS: Advance Sonar course book
« on: January 17, 2022, 02:50:20 pm »
Hi,
not sure if this will appears twice, I posted it an hour ago but does not appear in this thread.

I have the Sonar Course and Advanced Sonar Course by Rodney Coates (a worldwide authority in sonar design). Full of both theory and practice.

I bought it years ago directly form him for around £600 but never really used it. So I am selling it.

Anybody interested? Open to any offer. I don't care about the amount and if you want you can even send the money to a charity of your choice instead of me. I just don't want to throw it away given how much it was paid for it.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:53:46 pm by ricko_uk »

Offline RoadRunner

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FS: Advance Sonar course book
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 01:57:22 am »
Hi,
not sure if this will appears twice, I posted it an hour ago but does not appear in this thread.

I have the Sonar Course and Advanced Sonar Course by Rodney Coates (a worldwide authority in sonar design). Full of both theory and practice.

I bought it years ago directly form him for around £600 but never really used it. So I am selling it.

Anybody interested? Open to any offer.

Thank you

Is it a book? Like just book? For GBP 600?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 12:55:10 pm »
It was not a normally published type of book. They are ring-binder type of notes (professionally "typed" with professional graphs/images exactly like a book) sold as a course.

And surely the guy used his "fame" in the field to get paid...! The client paid for it as part of a project. No way I owuld have paid that kind of money especially given that sonar was not my field.

As I said any offer is welcomed as it is sitting there doing nothing but collecting dust and given how much it is/was worth it, I don't want to just bin it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 04:05:39 pm by ricko_uk »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 11:19:38 pm »
And if you prefer you can even send the money to a charity of your choice instead of me. Given how much it is/was worth it, I don't want to just bin it.

Offline m98

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 12:50:45 am »
Why not do the general public a big favor and upload it on Sci-Hub? It would hardly do much good if any valuable knowledge in that book just ends up collecting dust in someone else's library. If you don't want to scan it yourself, I'd offer you to pay half the price for a book scanning service of your choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf