Author Topic: FS AU: Korad KA3005P Programmable DC power supply (faulty)  (Read 227 times)

Offline Geoff_S

• Regular Contributor
FS AU: Korad KA3005P Programmable DC power supply (faulty)
« on: February 09, 2020, 08:26:34 am »
Per the thread title: I have a Korad KA3005P programmable DC power supply up for sale.  It is faulty, but likely not difficult to repair. 

I had it for a while, and was happy with it but implemented a few improvements:
- replaced the stock fan with one that should have been quieter, and
- installed a proper temperature-regulated PWM fan speed controller to reduce the noise.  Note I have removed this and reverted to the stock fan setup.

I hadn't used it for about six months and recently pulled it off the shelf for a project.  As soon as I turned it on I noticed it was not a happy camper:
- with the output OFF the output voltages and current limits can be set as per usual, but switching the output ON results in the display indicating 31V and 6.5A output with the CC indicator lit.
- irrespective of whether the output is ON or OFF, the actual output voltage is fixed at 16.65V.
I don't hear any clicks from the transformer tap relays.  The fan runs fine (at full speed).

I considererd repairing it myself but life is too short.  There are various threads (on this board and others) about common faults and repairs for these Korad units, so I suspect it wouldn't be hard to fix.

Asking $30, pickup from Brisbane (from CBD during business hours, or western suburbs in evenings/weekends).  It would be nice to see someone revive it, rather than it end up in landfill.

Offline aargee

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FS AU: Korad KA3005P Programmable DC power supply (faulty)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 12:19:19 pm »
Interested, I’ll PM you.
Not easy, not hard, just need to be incentivised.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf