Author Topic: FS: Flex(FPC) extenders with "sniffing" headers - available on Tindie  (Read 1949 times)

Offline reagleTopic starter

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
These were designed after going through a particularly long and annoying debug session with a poorly documented Chinese display. The provided demo board worked well, my code following the datasheet did not. So it was down to sniffing their signals on the flex. First we cobbled something out of the standard breakout boards,
then it became a standalone product- in 0.5mm and 1mm pitch.

Now available on Tindie at:
https://www.tindie.com/products/kuzyatech/1mm-fpc-flex-pitch-breakout-with-passthrough/
https://www.tindie.com/products/kuzyatech/flex-cable-passthrough-breakout/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:50:12 pm by reagle »

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline ovnr

• Frequent Contributor
  • Lurker
Re: FS: Flex(FPC) extenders with "sniffing" headers - available on Tindie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:04:53 pm »
I'd really have liked to see better provisions for grounding - have a few uncommitted header pins on the sides which can be strapped to whichever pin is ground as required. Signal integrity is often bad enough as it is, before you try to get 4+ ground clips onto a single ground pin...

Offline reagleTopic starter

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
Re: FS: Flex(FPC) extenders with "sniffing" headers - available on Tindie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »
Good point- will add in the next spin! I've been tempted to fill the back with ground plane but not knowing what it connects to is a pain. I suppose pour a plane and add connection points to the header pins could be one option
Thanks for the link correction!

Offline jwm_

• Frequent Contributor
    • Not A Number
It would be nice if the bare pad for mechanical support of the connectors went all the way across so you could solder multiple smaller FPC connectors and still be able to get the mechanical support.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf