Author Topic: WTB: Brüel & Kjær 2203 1/2" capsule connector  (Read 349 times)

Offline FrodeMTopic starter

• Contributor
WTB: Brüel & Kjær 2203 1/2" capsule connector
« on: May 30, 2024, 11:30:38 pm »
Hi, I am looking for the front connector for a Brüel & Kjær 2203 sound level meter (FET version with 1/2" microphone capsule size default). Basically just the connector assembly, with the full length of the two leads that gets soldered to the PCB.

I know there were quite a few of these meters around, in various shapes and conditions, and one I got hold of is ok except for a very very broken connector for the microphone capsule. Should you have one that is broken in other ways but with a good connector, then I am very much interested in buying the connector. These are not off-the-shelf parts, so the only way to get one which fits properly is to amputate one from a similar unit.

As of location, I am located in Norway. This is Europe, but not part of the main EU. I have, however, no problem paying for international shipping if anyone has the right connector to offer.

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
Re: WTB: Brüel & Kjær 2203 1/2" capsule connector
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 04:48:52 am »
Think it is a Lemo Swiss or Hirose connector.

Photos?

Perhaps Ask ACO Pacific, Nolan may have one.

j
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Offline FrodeMTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: WTB: Brüel & Kjær 2203 1/2" capsule connector
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 07:44:40 am »
Think it is a Lemo Swiss or Hirose connector.

Photos?

Perhaps Ask ACO Pacific, Nolan may have one.

j

That's too new, these use the old style connector B&K machined themselves, in-house. See the images for the exact connector I am missing. Here you also see the 2 Unbrako-screws holding it in place, as well as the two solder-points where it is hooked up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 07:48:39 am by FrodeM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf