Author Topic: FS: LeCroy 1GHz Oscilloscope, 4 Channel, GPIB  (Read 643 times)

Offline gmr1981Topic starter

• Contributor
FS: LeCroy 1GHz Oscilloscope, 4 Channel, GPIB
« on: June 07, 2023, 09:46:13 am »
For Sale: LeCroy 9374L, please see pictures.

This works perfectly, apart from the vertical offset knob which is a bit problematic and should be changed or cleaned. I frequently use this via the GPIB and the offset can be set from that if you can't make the knob do what you want. It is very good for capturing screenshots of waveforms via the GPIB (using a Prologix adaptor).

Prospective buyers welcome to try fully before they buy.

Price is £500, no VAT as I bought this personally some years ago. I have another LeCroy scope now (new) and am running out of space on my rack.

Collection only from Birmingham, UK, B48 7BX (nearest motorway junction is J2 of M42).

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
Re: FS: LeCroy 1GHz Oscilloscope, 4 Channel, GPIB
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 01:05:21 pm »
   FWIW for anyone that is interested in this.  I have several of the 9354 LeCroy scopes and there are very nice scopes. I love the deep memory and the math capabilities of these scopes. Also the code to burn a new GAL chip has been publicly released by LeCroy and with that you can enable all of the SW options in these scopes. There is also an active mail list for the LeCroy scopes if you should need help with them.  Oh and all of the manuals are available online including, I think, the service manual.  One other thing, these also have an RS-232 port so you can control these over that port and capture screen prints over that port. It is slower than GPIB but many computers already have a RS-232 port so you don't need an GPIB adapter or interface card. LeCroy has released a SW program, Scope Explorer, to operate these scopes via a Windows computer and you can download Scope Explorer from the internet, however it is written to use Win 98. Most of these scopes also have a PCMCIA card slot on them that you save setup and data files to but it requires an SRAM card and Flash PCMCIA cards will not work in that slot.

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
Re: FS: LeCroy 1GHz Oscilloscope, 4 Channel, GPIB
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 01:36:49 pm »
I completely concur - they are really nice 'scopes especially if you have one with a decent amount of sample memory.

Weaknesses are, monochrome trace, loud fans, unobtanium hybrids (see Dave's teardown/failed repair on a 9384) and the Bourns rotary encoders which were nearly unobtanium when I was repairing the pair of 9354's that I had (one now sold to a forum member, the other waiting for me to do something with its PSU). Oh and loud fans - on mine I replaced the fan - search the forum for notes and discussion. I'm not totally sure I'd advocate that on the 9384 though as the hybrids run significantly hotter when pushed to 1Gs/s - you might be OK on the 9374.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf