Author Topic: FS: Spectrum Analyzer HP / Agilent 8563E with option 006, 30 Hz - 26,5GHz  (Read 857 times)

Offline max-bitTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Spectrum Analyzer HP / Agilent 8563E with option 006, 30 Hz - 26,5GHz

Device Status:
Governance has its years. Matters less important aesthetically OK device clean (also inside) Score 4.5 / 5
Easy-to-read screen, the keyboard OK does not interrupt anything.
Electrically, due to the possibilities, the device is tested (100%) up to 2.5 GHz, so the equipment allows (certain values)
Above this frequency, the device also measures the signal levels (I used YIG generators as the source). At first glance (YIG generators are not calibrated), the signal values ​​are correct, but I don't know if I am.

IMPORTANT:
Attached are photos of measurements at different frequencies - the signal level values ​​as I wrote in relation to the indicative value of the signals are OK but are they 100% correct (e.g. they may differ by a few dBm?) I do not know. Up to 2.5 GHz, I guarantee their correctness, although of course some dBm fractions are due to the inaccuracy of the generator cables, etc.
The device is therefore sold as seen without WARRANTY for the correctness of measurements (above 2.5 GHz). As the Americans of AS-IS write it, that is, as it is. So there are no returns because, for example, something does not measure correctly!
I think that on the basis of the photos you can assess the condition of the device, in my opinion, the device may already need calibration and I do not have such devices. Calibration in the Keysight company today is a cost ...is BIG.
I have more photos, if someone wants a set, I will send it to MAIL.
If he has any doubts, no problem, I will provide them by e-mail. Remember, the device is sold without WARRANTY (description) and the possibility of return.

Price: 1350 Euro

Shipment:
Due to the size and weight in Europe, the shipping price is around ~150 Euro. (this will be determined if there is a specific interested party)
I guarantee very solid packaging.

You have questions, suggestions, write it!

Pictures:

Source 300 MHz signal level from the generator output -10 dBm

Source 1000 MHz signal level from the generator output -10 dBm

Source 2000 MHz signal level from the generator output -10 dBm

Source 50 MHz signal level from the generator output -10 dBm

Source 1000 MHz signal level from the generator output -100 dBm

Source 2500 MHz signal level from the generator output -10 dBm

Source 1000 MHz signal level from the generator output -120 dBm

3.5 GHz is about (-15 to -10 dBm) (measured -13.5 dBm)

7.86 GHz is approx. (+5dBm to +10 dBm) (measured +6.17 dBm)

The values of 15.64 GHz (-10.83dBm) 23.41 GHz (-24.83dBm) are the second and third harmonics from the frequency of 7.86 GHz, so their lower values are "good".

23.41 GHz (-24.83dBm)

8,75 GHz is approx. (+5dBm to +10 dBm) (measured +6.00 dBm)

The values of 17.40 GHz (-15.17dBm) 26.06 GHz (-41.17dBm) are the second and third harmonics from the frequency of 8,75 GHz, so their lower values are "good".

26.06 GHz (-41.17dBm)

Low Span (0,5GHz) 26.06 GHz (-36 dBm)

value at 23.985 GHz (+1.5 dBm) where the source level is about 2-5 dBm

Source 1 MHz signal level from the generator output -10 dBm
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:35:27 pm by max-bit »

Offline Xtremexp

• Regular Contributor
Sent PM

Offline max-bitTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
A few questions and answers about the measured values (visible in the photos)

Yes, the values are different because the values of the signals generated by the sources are different (Of course, for frequencies above 2.5 GHz)

It is not that the generator I tested (here YIG) has one signal level value (it is not a calibrated source)
Approximate value of the signal level (source) on the frequency:
- 3.5 GHz is about (-15 to -10 dBm) (measured -13.5 dBm)
- 7.86 GHz is approx. (+5dBm to +10 dBm) (measured +6.17 dBm)
- The values of 15.64 GHz (-10.83dBm) 23.41 GHz (-24.83dBm) are the second and third harmonics from the frequency of 7.86 GHz, so their lower values are "good".
A similar situation from the value of 8.75 GHz as the fundamental frequency, subsequent values are harmonic values (2nd and 3rd)
- value at 23.985 GHz (+1.5 dBm) where the source level is about 2-5 dBm.
You have to take into account the losses on the connectors and cable ...

I suppose, but this is just my assumption that the device may require calibration because these differences, if they occur, are maybe a few dB
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:07:22 am by max-bit »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf