General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

HP 9121 or 9122 HP-IB Disk Drive unit wanted [UK]

(1/2) > >>

sordid_resistor:
I'm on the (casual) lookout for a HP HP-IB disk drive unit like the 9121 or 9122. I have an old HP logic analyser which is fun, it takes me half an hour everytime to re-read the manual and set the thing up, get a display full of useful information, then at power off.. all gone. I gather this data esp. the setups can be stored to the 9121 using the native HP-IB.
I did get a HP-IB PC card that did the job but that too took some time setting up. I just want something simple.

I'm in sunny SW England (when it's not raining) 

Tony_G:
As an aside, if you can't find a working drive then you might want to look at HPDrive - Here is a good page on someone building a dedicated HPDrive machine - https://www.smbaker.com/assembling-a-thin-client-to-serve-as-an-hpdrive

TonyG

sordid_resistor:
Thanks for the suggestion Tony. That's the solution I started to use. I got a National Instrument ISA card (ISA because the PCI were silly money) and yes it all worked. Just more faffing setting it all up, I was using a Win98se desktop and CRT monitor, got a bit much.

MarkL:
What model logic analyzer do you have?

Although early models don't have any built-in storage, most (if not all?) units have HPIB commands that allow a host to query the configuration.  The response from the analyzer is one big block of data which represents the current configuration.  You can then store this data in a regular file and send it back to the analyzer when desired to restore it to the exact state it was in.  Check the the manual for what they called a "learn string".

If you already have a host with an HPIB/GPIB interface this is the simplest way to store configurations, and also allows you to download captures, printouts etc. from the analyzer.  It's more straight-forward than introducing the extra layer of an emulated disk drive.

pamphonica:
PM sent.  I may have exactly what you want.
-Jeremy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version