Author Topic: Is BiF Electronic a reliable site?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline armadeusTopic starter

Is BiF Electronic a reliable site?
« on: August 04, 2022, 08:24:53 am »
I want to make a purchase on the BiF Electronic website (bifelectronic.com).

The site has existed for several years. But the address is in the middle of a residential area. Some sections of the site are not finished. They don't answer emails and the phone number always rings busy.

Is this site reliable ? Does anyone have a recent experience of buying equipment on this site?

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Is BiF Electronic a reliable site?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 08:40:05 am »
The site has existed for several years. But the address is in the middle of a residential area. Some sections of the site are not finished.

Many small business operate out of residential areas, and they often have one person who does everything and thus can struggle to complete less critical things (like a web site).  But as a small business their overheads are lower, and they can offer better pricing and more personal service.

They don't answer emails and the phone number always rings busy.

Then why would you order from them?  How can you expect after sales support if they can't even provide any pre-sales support.  :-//

Is this site reliable ? Does anyone have a recent experience of buying equipment on this site?

Even if someone here has had a good past experience, that may not translate to current purchases.  I don't know anything about this company, but I'd suggest you try to find an alternate supplier if you cannot get a timely pre-sales response.

Offline AndyBeez

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 08:46:56 am »
Are they trading on ebay? If yes, you will have ebay's full buyer protection. Amazon similiar. If no, make a small purchase and tell us of your customer experience.

Offline ElectronWorks

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 10:11:44 pm »
Avoid buying from this site! They list items as available but after buying you'll receive a mail saying that they aren't, can confirm that they don't answer to mails or calls.

After buying 2 months ago (from Europe) i have received nothing, lost 50€.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, Trader

Offline teddyz

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 08:27:23 pm »
To at least feel safer and also not having to create an account, I tried using Paypal Checkout to pay the €123.

Paying fails with:
Error in Paypal
Property Customer->optin is empty.

I wonder if it's just me or if this is as it is?

Reason for choosing this shop is the low prices.

Offline pico61

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 10:21:42 am »
From "Our stores". The two offices: the first located in Rue de la Sablonniere in Ougrée seems to have no street number 60, the second is located in Ghana!  :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf