Author Topic: ITT Tech - EDUCATIONAL ASSETS FROM (31) COLLEGE SITES  (Read 11765 times)

Offline Kohanbash

• Regular Contributor
    • Robots for Roboticists
Re: ITT Tech - EDUCATIONAL ASSETS FROM (31) COLLEGE SITES
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »
Hi  all
I am also a graduate of ITT. I saw good and bad to the system, while many people succeeded, many more people were not able to get a job in their field or did not graduate.

Most of the instructors were good and had significant experience to add to the class. However, a few teachers gave out test answers as a "study guide" to make all students pass...

When I was there in 2006 the tuition was around $36K for 2 years (including summer).  By 2013 it was $48K.  If you look at it as $24K/year that included summer classes, electronic parts and tools for lab, and books, its inline with many private universities in the USA.

From my perspective the problem was mostly in the admission department (as pushed by ITT corporate) where anyone with a pulse would get accepted and pushed into programs that they had little interest or knowledge about. Many of those people later dropped out with large loans.

I did a longer write up of my experience here http://robotsforroboticists.com/profit-education/
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

Offline jrc22skiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 12:57:18 am »
As a reminder, there will be a preview on Wednesday, December 7 from 9am to 5pm (ET) - open to the public - in Jacksonville FL. 

This will be an opportunity for prospective buyer and/or their agents to inspect all assets available in this sale event.

If interested parties would like to inspect and cannot make it on the 7th, we may accommodate inspection by appointment - please call or email me if interested.

Thank you,

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
Tiger Group | Commercial & Industrial
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
P: (617) 523-5866 | C: (617) 797-0430 | F: (617) 523-3007
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:
http://www.SoldTiger.com

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 05:31:22 pm »
Inspection of the assets is going on today until 5pm ET here:

1501 Haines Street
Jacksonville, FL 32206

The ~1800 lots will commence closing, in a staggered fashion, tomorrow at 10:30am ET and continue throughout the day.

Interested parties can register for the sale and bid here:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?tigergrp233

As mentioned prior, we do list 3rd party shippers here as well to assist with prevailing bidders who wish to have assets packaged and shipped on their behalf.

As always, feel free to contact me with comments or questions.

Thank you for your interest,

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 08:19:07 pm »
Hi,

I looked the lots for sale. There is a lot of repetition, as to be expected, of educational grade instruments.

Are members excited about this auction? For me there is little interest.

Now if I was equipping  a school lab....

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 06:59:15 pm »
I ended up doing pretty well at this thing.  Pretty happy for my first auction. Pretty good prices on equipment for hobbyist use. Of course I ended up with a lot more than I needed. Will probably end up posting some stuff here for sale at a discounted forum price after the holidays. It was really interesting to watch people's bidding behaviors on some things I felt the prices had gone too high. There was just so much volume!  The quantity of unopened outdated equipment was shocking. I'm really curious to see what people end up reselling some of this stuff for on eBay. The warehouse space in Jacksonville I had to pick everything up from was probably the largest open floor indoor space I've ever been inside.

Offline stts

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 07:40:29 pm »
I was pretty disappointed in this whole situation. Theres an ITT facility in my town and they came and trucked everything to Maryland, Florida and oklahoma. I called the shipping companies and they wanted $300 and up to deliver small loads from there. And they were all coy about extra charges to deal with loads they had to wait on and pack up. So it ended up being an impossible situation for me. I watched the bidding on many items and the prices were over the top. Well used equipment missing ALL the accesories in AS IS condition were way up there with buyers premiums added on top. Tack on another 15% to resell items on Ebay, and theres just no way to make any reasonable money on most items up for bid. Lots of laser printers that weighed a ton and had HPs infamous shut down counters when toner, drum, or fusing unit hit their copy count, were going for hundreds of dollars each. Crazy. Overall, there was nothing being bid on that was newer than about 5 years old. Clearly ITT had stopped aquiring new equipment long ago. I did bid on another auction companies ITT auction in my town of items in one building that this big firm left behind. I bought a cabinet stuffed with all the accesory odds and ends missing from this big auctions equipment. And I was able to pick this cabinet up myself. So maybe I can make a few bucks on Ebay and Paypals auction service. I suspect other technical companies were bidding up all this stuff with little reguard for prices. But its still old merchandise, and so far theres not alot of interest in the accesories I have so far posted on Ebay. Furniture was a good bargain, but only for those reasonably close to those 3 cities. Its such a shame as there could have been good bargains in 30 plus cities.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2016, 08:09:24 pm »
They really should have given the equipment to the students who were left holding the bag when they went defunct. Of course things nowadays don't work like that, but they should .
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

• Regular Contributor
    • SoldTiger
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 03:24:49 pm »
stts/everybody:

Happy New Year and thank you for viewing our sale postings.

No test equipment at this upcoming sale at the ITT Corp HQ in Carmel, IN.  There is some nice Kimball and Steelcase executive and managerial office furniture however:

http://soldtiger.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?tigergrp245/category/ALL

Not listed here is some very nice Steelcase Office Systems we will sell in bulk.  Details are below and if you would like to see more images or would like to discuss further, please message, call or email me:

Over (200) Cubicle Workstations from ITT Corporate Headquarters in Carmel, IN.
•             Turnstone & Avenir Models
•             Many Powered including Power Poles
•             Includes Work Surfaces, Overhead Shelves, Cabinets w/ Lighting, File Cabinets
•             Mostly 60” Height, Some w/ Glass Panels

Pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zoqm0297tt6yk7n/AAD-8Xgm0QkFdInunTnZ6xbja?dl=0

John Coelho
Senior Vice President
60 State St., 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
jcoelho@TigerGroup.com
www.TigerGroup.com

Upcoming Sale Calendar:

I was pretty disappointed in this whole situation. Theres an ITT facility in my town and they came and trucked everything to Maryland, Florida and oklahoma. I called the shipping companies and they wanted $300 and up to deliver small loads from there. And they were all coy about extra charges to deal with loads they had to wait on and pack up. So it ended up being an impossible situation for me. I watched the bidding on many items and the prices were over the top. Well used equipment missing ALL the accesories in AS IS condition were way up there with buyers premiums added on top. Tack on another 15% to resell items on Ebay, and theres just no way to make any reasonable money on most items up for bid. Lots of laser printers that weighed a ton and had HPs infamous shut down counters when toner, drum, or fusing unit hit their copy count, were going for hundreds of dollars each. Crazy. Overall, there was nothing being bid on that was newer than about 5 years old. Clearly ITT had stopped aquiring new equipment long ago. I did bid on another auction companies ITT auction in my town of items in one building that this big firm left behind. I bought a cabinet stuffed with all the accesory odds and ends missing from this big auctions equipment. And I was able to pick this cabinet up myself. So maybe I can make a few bucks on Ebay and Paypals auction service. I suspect other technical companies were bidding up all this stuff with little reguard for prices. But its still old merchandise, and so far theres not alot of interest in the accesories I have so far posted on Ebay. Furniture was a good bargain, but only for those reasonably close to those 3 cities. Its such a shame as there could have been good bargains in 30 plus cities.

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »
Hmm.  Not sure if this is what's driving down the price of triple output GW Instek power supplies on ebay, but I picked up a GPC-3020 cheap, because the specs seem good enough.  I normally like my 1970s HP bench supplies, but my only one with dual tracking outputs is the wee little 6235A, and it doesn't have a configurable current limit.

Offline stts

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2022, 04:34:08 am »
Wow. How time flies. Yea, that whole auction mess could have been epic in opportunity. But what little I got, one cabinet stuffed entirely with everything, was probably the best thing at the auction. Scopes, power supplies, generators, meters, isolation transformers, cables of every kind, etc. I still got 2/3rds of it. Its useful. lifetime supply of scope probes. 2 dozen super cheap meters. Too cheap to sell but I already blew up a few and have plenty more to open up. Had 4 logic analyzer probe sets for a digital scope that was not in the cabinet. I put them on Ebay for $200 each and they all sold like hot cakes. I listed them for $100 each at first but when I saw the ad, I thought maybe I should double it. So I did really quick. That alone paid all my costs of monies and effort on the auction. I been selling stuff here and there. Sold the analog scope. Brand new but old tech. I figured it wouldnt hold value for very long. Ill put more on ebay soon. I need to clear out stuff.

The following users thanked this post: simba15

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf