Author Topic: K-125 Mini oscilloscope VS DSO203  (Read 12597 times)

Offline tomtop

K-125 Mini oscilloscope VS DSO203
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:09:15 pm »
hi, i found a new mini oscilloscope called K-125, is there any body know about this?

http://www.diyertool.com/k-125-mini-oscilloscope-handheld-digital-scopemeter-pocket-size.html

i am considering to buy one, it just cost 117.55USD.
How about DSO203? which one would be better?

Thanks!
Valerii Proskurin

Offline FreeThinker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
Re: K-125 Mini oscilloscope VS DSO203
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »
Do you have a REAL NEED for a pocket scope? If not then save up a few $ more and get a proper bench scope (or find a good one on Ebay second hand) You will thank yourself later ;)
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

alm

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:07:28 pm »
Very small, low resolution screen. Just 100 points of horizontal memory (current standard is about 1 million in bench scopes). Single channel. Standard BNC jack with exposed ground is hazardous for floating equipment unless exclusively used for SELV. It might be useful in a pinch for some niche applications (eg. in a moving vehicle with voltages limited to 12V), but it's probably closer to a toy that to a real bench (or portable) scope.

Offline tomtop

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:13:22 am »
Do you have a REAL NEED for a pocket scope? If not then save up a few $ more and get a proper bench scope (or find a good one on Ebay second hand) You will thank yourself later ;)

i am a student, and have no more money... :-[
i just want to get it in pocket and test anywhere, not to walk to lab everytime ;D
i have some simple DIY tool kits in my dormitory 8)

Offline FreeThinker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 04:48:12 pm »
i am a student, and have no more money... :-[
i just want to get it in pocket and test anywhere, not to walk to lab everytime ;D
i have some simple DIY tool kits in my dormitory 8)
1) You have no money? even more reason not to waste what you have.
2)Erm ..... Test every where? Don't really see the need or the point unless it's bragging rights.
3)This is a great way to start. Building your own test equipment is a tried and tested method of gaining experience.
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:53:49 am »
For that money, you better get a Velleman HPS scope. They are relatively rugged, seem to have a good construction and are safer that this. You may want the HPS10, which is the cheapest one or the HPS140, the newest one with USB. There was a quite long topic on the forum about it, you can search it if you want. The HPS50 seems to be a good balance between size and ease of use.

The second alternative is to get a good Tektronix 465 oscilloscope on eBay. Working ones are usually worth $100 USD. I haven't bough one because of shipping costs and because it is huge for my 50cm. deep desk.   :(

The third alternative is to wait until you save $400 and buy a good Rigol DS1052E, portable enough to carry around and powerful enough to do lots of stuff. This is the alternative to choose if you are into digital electronics. Trust me, the HPS10 doesn't have enough sampling memory for debugging digital circuits, specially communication protocols. The Rigol has a LOT, compared to similar scopes of its class, as far as I can tell.

Ivan
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:59:44 am by ivan747 »

Offline tomtop

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:47 am »
OK.....
i bought an ADS1102CAL from China  :-\

but i will buy a mini oscilloscope when i have a little extra money, just days later... ::) ::)

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:36:24 am »
but i will buy a mini oscilloscope when i have a little extra money, just days later... ::) ::)
how much bandwidth you want to play with? is it 4 channel 20KSps (2KHz BW) worth playing with? if you can have it for around $20?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 08:39:42 pm »
OK.....
i bought an ADS1102CAL from China  :-\

Why that face? That scope is probably going to last a long time, and you can make money out of the designs you test with this sort of equipment.

Offline alyque

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 07:09:47 am »
hi, i found a new mini oscilloscope called K-125, is there any body know about this?

http://www.diyertool.com/k-125-mini-oscilloscope-handheld-digital-scopemeter-pocket-size.html

i am considering to buy one, it just cost 117.55USD.
How about DSO203? which one would be better?

Thanks!
Valerii Proskurin

Nice device! i get it from this site, it is bigger than expected, twice as big as dso203, and the package is very good, comes with interior slot pocket, looks very professional!

The only disappointment is appearance, dso203 is much more elegant.

anyhow, it is a good product! ps: we just talking about mini oscilloscope! NOT Tek or Agilent equipment!

Thanks for Valerii's recommendation!

Fred PACHE

Offline songre

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 01:22:41 pm »
I must say this information was quite rewarding and must be taken seriously, I am considering ordering the Rigol DS1102E scope no doubt about it. After reading all the comments and watching that exceptional video I am convince that I am not going to waste my hard earn money on the small mini scope for now.  Maybe later for traveling or field work. Cheers!

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 03:51:30 pm »

Nice device! i get it from this site, it is bigger than expected, twice as big as dso203, and the package is very good, comes with interior slot pocket, looks very professional!

The only disappointment is appearance, dso203 is much more elegant.

anyhow, it is a good product! ps: we just talking about mini oscilloscope! NOT Tek or Agilent equipment!

Thanks for Valerii's recommendation!

Fred PACHE
Well you wasted your money . Just 2x more gets you a decent Atten ADS1102CAL from Aliexpress . 332$ w/ EMS shipping .

Offline dfesun

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 08:02:05 am »
:)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:02:36 am by dfesun »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf