Author Topic: LFS/WTB Dumont 1062 Oscilloscope Manual  (Read 958 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
LFS/WTB Dumont 1062 Oscilloscope Manual
« on: November 15, 2021, 04:05:19 pm »
Hi!

I recently pulled the trigger on this DuMont 1062 Oscilloscope, and a look in the only book I could find on k04BB (ten pages of introduction and nothing else!) revealed it was 60 MHz, so at the very cheap price, I thought it worth a punt!

Can anyone tell if there's a direct equivalent AN/USM Technical Manual available for this please?

I downloaded AN/USM281A but it's not an exact match as the front top right controls on the DuMont 1062 are in a zig–zag pattern with a Delay Time Multiplier Control , whereas the scope featured in AN/USM281A has three controls top right on a straight line with no D.T.M. control! However the rear view shown in several diagrams of the AN/USM281A manual is almost an exact match tho!

Looking at a few of the circuits in AN/USM281A suggests this is of HP parentage, am I correct?

If anybody can point me in the direction of a full Dupont 1062 Manual or confirm it's a direct badged one I'd be very grateful – in particular, the chassis of this looks like it's been used under the sea, and not in a submarine either, so if there's a direct equivalent, I can put out enquiries for replacement metalwork if the original is too corroded to restore!

Chris Williams

PS!

I've just had a flip thro' AN/USM 281A which revealed it's a military badged  HP180 as there was a board part no quoted "00180–66536", so we're in the right family line,  but it's that zig–zag top right control layout with the D.T.M. control that's stumping me!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:22:40 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Online factory

• Super Contributor
Re: LFS/WTB Dumont 1062 Oscilloscope Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 08:16:13 pm »
I've just had a flip thro' AN/USM 281A which revealed it's a military badged  HP180 as there was a board part no quoted "00180–66536", so we're in the right family line,  but it's that zig–zag top right control layout with the D.T.M. control that's stumping me!

Maybe AN/USM-281D ? mentioned here as the Dumont version;
https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2879
Or AN/USM-281E mentioned here:
https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90779
Seems to ba a lack of info for either of those though.

David

The following users thanked this post: Chris56000

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: LFS/WTB Dumont 1062 Oscilloscope Manual
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 09:57:53 pm »
Evening David!

Thank you for your tips – a ferret on the "Trout Underground" web site showed a past listing for a paper tome covering both models AN/USM281D & AN/USM281E with a Navelex Number in the front cover, and searching on the Navelex Number produced a current listing for this, which I've now purchased!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf