General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

Need Atmega328p in 32mlf Package

<< < (3/4) > >>

alm:

--- Quote from: sonicj on January 04, 2011, 11:05:12 am ---i mentioned it as 16mhz is the standard for arduino... something worth noting if you are wanting native arduino compatibility or if your code was written on arduino and is dependent on clock speed.

--- End quote ---
20MHz is just the max, any clock source between 32kHz or so and 20MHz will do. The internal oscillator is 8MHz, and can be divided down to 1MHz (which is the default I believe). I don't think there is any ATmega328/168 that's rated for only 16MHz, so I'm not sure what alternative you'd suggest for the Arduino.

sonicj:
i was under the impression that this was the one with the 16mhz internal oscillator. link

if they can all be set to 16mhz then i guess theres no worries...

Psi:
It looks like when you use the internal RC osc on the ATMEGA328p your fixed to 8mhz unlike most other atmegas which have either a clock prescaler or adjustable RC osc so you can set the frequency you want.

ATMEGA328P datasheet http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc8271.pdf

alm:

--- Quote from: sonicj on January 04, 2011, 10:11:36 pm ---i was under the impression that this was the one with the 16mhz internal oscillator. link

if they can all be set to 16mhz then i guess theres no worries...

--- End quote ---
I think that's a typo by someone at Digikey, the only hits for that type are either Digikey-related or random datasheet sites. The Atmel datasheet only lists 20MHz models. All will run fine at 16MHz, as long as you provide the clock signal (eg. crystal). No ATmega can run at 16MHz on the internal RC oscillator as far as I know.

--- Quote from: Psi on January 04, 2011, 10:52:26 pm ---It looks like when you use the internal RC osc on the ATMEGA328p your fixed to 8mhz unlike most other atmegas which have either a clock prescaler or adjustable RC osc so you can set the frequency you want.

--- End quote ---
The ATmega328p does have the CLKDIV/8 fuse, which divides the clock by eight. I think most ATmega's are similar in this regard.

Psi:

--- Quote from: alm on January 06, 2011, 11:17:37 pm ---
The ATmega328p does have the CLKDIV/8 fuse, which divides the clock by eight. I think most ATmega's are similar in this regard.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they dont all have the CLKDIV fuse feature but the ones that do have it enabled by default, it's a real trap for people starting out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version