Author Topic: PICKit 2 Debug Express + PICKit 3 Debug Express for just £55 inc shipping...  (Read 10715 times)

Offline glossywhiteTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP!

For sale (UK ONLY!):

** PICKit 2 Debug Express

** PICKit 3 Debug Express

** 3x 16f887 40 pin DIL PIC MCUs

All mint, packaged with CDs and complete with cable, demo boards etc.

I am selling the above, as I cannot justify keeping them right now, as my PIC development is far less important to me than cash in the pocket, as I currently have a money shortage. This is one of those "I want facts, not opinions" posts - they're being sold as a job lot. Period.

PICKit 2 Debug Express + PICKit 3 Debug Express, packaged as new, only £55 which includes UK shipping. Pay by PayPal or postal orders. Need to sell FAST, so no messing about required.

Snap up a deal!

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:52:06 pm by glossywhite »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: PICKit 2 Debug Express + PICKit 3 Debug Express for sale (UK)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:38:04 am »
To be honest I'd suggest splitting the pickits up, I know you want less hassle but if your trying to get as much money as possible from it all splitting them will get you more. Selling a few items in ebay taught me fast that selling stuff individually makes more money. For example when I sold my old camera no one gave a toss about the 30 quids worth of bits I was including and it sold for less than the same camera on it's own. just a thought. With paypal, to be honest I recomend you get an account. makes online dealing so much easier

Offline dimlow

• Frequent Contributor
  • Likes to be thought of as
    • Dimlow Ponders
Your Interest in Pics didnt last long "Too spicy for ya" ????

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
arm or spartan or blackfin will be a nice upgrade ;)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline dimlow

• Frequent Contributor
    • Dimlow Ponders
Ill offer £40, at least you will get some of your money back. I could do with a couple of spares.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Ill offer £40, at least you will get some of your money back. I could do with a couple of spares.

£40 for both and shipping included? I bet you will :D

£55 and you're talking. That would be a deal.

Offline dimlow

• Frequent Contributor
    • Dimlow Ponders
£55, No Thanks, im unemployed and have three kids to feed. £40 is my last offer. you take paypal ?

• Regular Contributor
  • !
£55 is as low as I am prepared to go. I am unemployed also, and so as I am sure you can appreciate how tight things are, I would be a complete fool to give away postage AND one of the kits (which is effectively what I'd be doing, at £40).

To lose out on such an amazing deal for the sake of a mere £15 would be crazy, but it is your choice.

PK2 DE from CPC = £35

PK3 DE from CPC = £51

Shipping = £5 (ish)

I think you know how good a price mine is. I dislike the way that people assume they're "doing you a favour" when you mention you have a money shortage, and they think they can knock you down even though they are getting a brilliant price already, just because they assume "money shortage" = "desparate". I am never "desparate", ever.

If you're unemployed with children to feed, and can afford £40, then you can afford £55. I have been buying and selling all my life, and am no idiot. If you wants it, you gets it. If not, then that is fine. :)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:50:02 pm by glossywhite »

Offline dimlow

• Frequent Contributor
    • Dimlow Ponders
OK, i don't need them.

Offline ziq8tsi

• Regular Contributor

Is this the same PICkit2 that you received free from Microchip Arizona because you insisted that your PICkit3 had numerous issues?  And, is this the same PICkit3 that you insisted had numerous issues?

(https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2385.0, or google's cache thereof.)

Offline FreeThinker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
STILL trying to flog them eh!?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2534.msg34349#msg34349
Should of taken the £40 seems like a good offer.

Checkout http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MPLABS-ICD-2-MODULE-MICROCHIP-DEVELOPMENT-TOOLS-/350443883139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5198154a83
offers much more functionality and you could get 3 +change even if they go for £15 (got 2 on offer at the mo)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:52:37 pm by FreeThinker »
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Wow, what a "community", where people shit all over other people's sales threads - really, what terrible manners. You neglect to include the rather pivotal fact that the eBay item to which you refer, is an AUCTION and not "buy it now", and has over 3 days to go. If you search for "Microchip ICD 2" within eBay UK, you will find *clones* for sale from Hong Kong, for £35. Unlikely, then, that the genuine ICD 2 is gonna sell for your estimate of £15. Seriously, if you wanna poison someone's sales thread, you ought to find something better to do. I personally couldn't care if these sell or not, but it is a great price, and I am in no way going to justify this to some random bods online.

As to the question of whether the PK3 was faulty, it turned out it wasn't, but Microchip agreed to send a gratis PK2 anyhow for all the inconvenience (passes you a stepladder, so that you can climb down from the moral high ground).

If these item(s) WERE faulty, I do have the common decency so as to have mentioned it, if it were relevant (it isn't). Would anyone else care to comment, or deliberately cause a shit storm in my thread, to ease their consciences and make themselves feel better? Would you care to remind me of the point where a private sales transaction suddenly becomes the business of anyone hanging about with nothing better to do?

@ziq8tsi - whether I received it free or not, do you seriously think I am gonna GIVE it away? I don't owe any of you anything. Honestly, just go away.

:)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:21:25 pm by glossywhite »

Offline dimlow

• Frequent Contributor
    • Dimlow Ponders
knowing what i now know, my offer is £20

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
If the two PICkits were offered at a "brilliant price" or were at a "ridiculous price" as you've stated, they'd already be sold.  At the current exchange rate, the "brilliant price" works out to just about list price in the US.  The bottom line is that they are worth what somebody is willing to pay and that's not happening here.

Maybe the somewhat hostile replies are because of the tone of your original post:

...This is one of those "I want facts, not opinions" posts - they're being sold as a job lot. Period....

...so no messing about required....

Jon

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
I have been buying and selling all my life, and am no idiot. If you wants it, you gets it. If not, then that is fine. :)

Thanks

If you have all this trading experience surely you know as I said earlier that they would go more easily and you would get a higher total price by splitting them. I may want to buy a pickit3 but why should I get stuck with a pickit2 as well. for one it does what the pickit3 does and secondly I already have one. Splitting them will make it easier to get rid of them.

How you came by them is your affair and providing they work as you say fair call to sell them at the price you want.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
I'm here to sell pickits, not garner opinions. If you want to buy, then please - make me an offer (I shall split them, yes). Sick of wasting time hearing people tell me how to sell things. If you wanna start a sales thread and sell your own stuff, go ahead.

Opinions are of no interest, nor are time-wasting, empty comments. If you are interested in buying, then talk to me. If not, then leave the space where you would have typed something witty, empty, and save us all a lot of time and irritation.

Thank you :)

To late, just bought a Pickit 3 clone http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clone-Microchip-Development-Programmer-Mini-PICKIT-3-/250782284657?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a63c9fb71#ht_3135wt_957

In what respect am I "too late"? :D

You bought a clone with zero support, and it doesn't even include the debug board. I'd have sold you my PK3 DE for £30 inclusive of shipping, had you asked. Good for you...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:48:53 pm by glossywhite »

Offline dimlow

• Frequent Contributor
    • Dimlow Ponders
Your to late to take my money. Actually, i have bought a great product, i know that because its not my first from sure electronics. I have already purchase and am using at this moment a pickit 2 clone from them. I also have their IDC 2 Clone, both worked flawlessly for the last two years with the exception of their pickit 2 only supporting 5v pics and me spilling coffee over the ICD 2.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:54:12 pm by dimlow »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Actually, i have bought a great product, i know that because its not my first from sure electronics. I have already purchase and am using at this moment a pickit 2 clone from them. I also have their IDC 2 Clone, both worked flawlessly for the last two years with the exception of their pickit 2 only supporting 5v pics and me spilling coffee over the ICD 2.

Great. See, it was worth your time saving that massive difference in price. Now you have something better than the original, with a warranty AND no debug board... for £7 saving. Woop woop! :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:56:06 pm by glossywhite »

Alex

I agree with Simon's point above, you should split them as it is almost the same item.

I won't check the price, but if it is reasonable and I needed a PICKit I would buy them off you.

I would not care where they are coming from as long as they work as advertised and I don't see how where they came from would affect your selling price or anyone's asking price.

If you are finding the selling price too high but you still need it, go buy it at retail price. lol I dont see what all the fuss is about.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
I agree with Simon's point above, you should split them as it is almost the same item.

I won't check the price, but if it is reasonable and I needed a PICKit I would buy them off you.

I would not care where they are coming from as long as they work as advertised and I don't see how where they came from would affect your selling price or anyone's asking price.

If you are finding the selling price too high but you still need it, go buy it at retail price. lol I dont see what all the fuss is about.

A sensible reply at last. I sell for a reasonable price, and you folks are welcome to come and try it on - doesn't mean I'm gonna cave in. If you take the piss and offer a price which is taking absolute liberties, then expect to have it rejected. I'm a kind and generous guy, so long as you're not trying to squeeze me ;)

If I wish to give the thing away for £0, I would do so and feel much better for doing it than have some greedy person trying it on because they think they're clever and can save a few pence.

### IF ANYONE HAS ANY NINTENDO DS GAMES (UK, PAL) THEY WOULD SWAP FOR THESE ITEMS, THEN I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO CONSIDER THAT AS AN ALTERNATIVE. SIMPLY TELL ME WHAT GAMES YOU HAVE, AND WE CAN GO AHEAD. THANKS ###

PS: I'm not gonna take the piss with the games - I'd only expect two games for my goodies :)

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:04:00 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf