Author Topic: R & S APN62 signal generator  (Read 696 times)

Offline Sighound36Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
R & S APN62 signal generator
« on: April 15, 2021, 09:36:39 am »
I have a nice R&S APN62 signal generator 1hz to 260Khz, purchased from a fellow forum member (Fraser) last year as a non runner (IEC X/Y cap let go) New module replaced and area tided.  Now fully functional and working as it should, good condition(very tidy unit ex MOD) no box but can securely pack no problem. Only selling as I have four SG's, to many even for me! (non TEA member). Looking for around £295 ono. Happy to ship world wide.

Seeking quality measurement equipment at realistic cost with proper service backup. If you pay peanuts you employ monkeys.

Offline iJoseph2

• Regular Contributor
Re: R & S APN62 signal generator
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 10:11:28 am »
Forgive my humble ignorance .. what's the purpose of a signal generator that "only" goes up to 260Khz?

I've seen others that go to 10's of MHz

Just curious.

Offline Sighound36Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 11:40:36 am »
Indeed Joseph, I have one or two that crack the 15Ghz mark, however this unit was specifically developed for high accuracy low frequency work and were used a great deal with the MOD.
These are ideal for audio component testing and design.
Seeking quality measurement equipment at realistic cost with proper service backup. If you pay peanuts you employ monkeys.

Offline iJoseph2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 05:12:29 pm »
Ah ok. I guess emphasis on the "high accuracy" part, and for audio work makes sense.
Thanks, Joseph

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf