Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 151348 times)

Offline Janusz

Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2019, 10:11:21 pm »
Hi. Changing the firmware (chips) is a quick and short way. Although not for everyone. :/ And not too expensive. Greetings

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2019, 10:19:46 pm »
These kind of replacement jobs are much easier when you don't clean the pads (remove solder). Add flux, heat gently with hot air, remove the old chip, put the new chip in place, add flux again and reheat until the joints are nice. Usually there is enough solder on the pads so you don't need to add any solder. If there isn't enough solder on some pads then a big tip (about 3 or 4 pins wide) and flux are all you need to fix it. Just add a little bit of solder to the tip and put flux on the pins. You'll see the flux gets rid of all the bridges. Using a small tip just makes things much harder and messy.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:23:52 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Janusz

« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2019, 07:41:03 am »
Hi. It will be easier the next time. I will use your trick. This time when soldering I had too much adrenaline in my blood.  :o Success pleases.   :-+ Greetings.
PS. After replacing the chips and updating FY6900 PC Software to v. 6.5, I updated the firmware to version 1.4. :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:27:34 pm by Janusz »

Online Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2019, 10:08:00 pm »
Hi. It will be easier the next time. I will use your trick. This time when soldering I had too much adrenaline in my blood.  :o Success pleases.   :-+ Greetings.
PS. After replacing the chips and updating FY6900 PC Software to v. 6.5, I updated the firmware to version 1.4. :)

Hi, where did you download firmware 1.4 and software 6.5, I can't find it. :-//

Offline Janusz

« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2019, 07:32:27 am »
Simplest way is:  connect to PC and power on generator,, run FY6900 PC Software with admin privileges. Without - its failed. Update software from 6.3 to 6.5. Check firmware version. And update (or not).

The following users thanked this post: PinheadBE, DaneLaw, Adrian_Arg.

Online Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2019, 01:12:47 pm »
Thanks for the info, you know what are the firmware improvements from 1.3 to 1.4?

Offline Janusz

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2019, 02:01:12 pm »
It's too new. I didn't have enough time to look around. Because of that ... I have no idea  :-[

Online Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2019, 11:49:16 pm »
Hi janusz, there update software to version 6.5, and firmware to version 1.4, the fy6900 start screen still shows v1.3, but the pc software tells me that it has installed 1.4, so I don't know who believe him  :-//

in spanish

Hola janusz, ahi actualize software a la version 6.5, y el firmware a la version 1.4, la pantalla de inicio del fy6900 sigue mostrando v1.3, pero el software de pc me indica que tiene instalado la 1.4, asi que no se a quien creerle :-//

Offline Janusz

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2019, 08:48:44 am »
The same here. Some time ago a representative of the producer on this blog indicated that the latest version is 1.3. Maybe it's some beta version.  ???  Interestingly, the "Random Noise" signal disappeared. It's like a shifted DC  :-\
---
 Reply #156 on: November 27, 2019, 12:41:03 am: "...Our latest version is 1.3, and 1.3 supports online upgrade. Now that you have the latest version, you do not need to upgrade...."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:24:29 am by Janusz »

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2019, 01:35:45 pm »
Ive contacted Feelelec via email for a replacement controller with the newer firmware, but have not heard a peep back from them. @Feelelec, could you please advise us on the best way to go about getting this IC?

Offline Janusz

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2019, 03:21:12 pm »
I sent the inquiry and the order to: sales@feelelec.com (available on their website). I think it's a sales department. I got the answer very quickly. Next day. After paying (chips + porto) I received the parcel after about 15 days.

Offline wz5q

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2019, 04:40:13 pm »
I sent a request to service@feelelec.com for the latest version of the PC Software (ver6.5) as their website only had ver6.3. I received an answer with the requested ver6.5 software attached to it the next day.

Online Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2019, 05:04:15 pm »
The same here. Some time ago a representative of the producer on this blog indicated that the latest version is 1.3. Maybe it's some beta version.  ???  Interestingly, the "Random Noise" signal disappeared. It's like a shifted DC  :-\
---
 Reply #156 on: November 27, 2019, 12:41:03 am: "...Our latest version is 1.3, and 1.3 supports online upgrade. Now that you have the latest version, you do not need to upgrade...."
[/quote

I comment, watching this video, mine has not changed anything, the noise randon is still, but the software detects it as 1.4 to the installed firmware, it can be a minor adjustment, because the input level follows in 5v the poster, when I should say 20v

in spanish
te comento, observando este video, el mio no ha cambiado nada, el noise randon sigue estando, pero el software me lo detecta como 1.4 al firmware instalado, puede ser un ajuste minino, porque el nivel de entrada sigue en 5v el cartel, cuando deberi decir 20v

The following users thanked this post: Janusz

Offline Janusz

« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2019, 09:31:34 am »
Interesting video. What interests me the most is: how to use the sweep function effectively?  :-\ And this is how my generator looks (after replacing the PSU) :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:36:41 am by Janusz »

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2019, 04:27:03 am »
Well, you guys were right, they responded to my email, and offered to send the replacement chip for a very fair price. It shouldn't have been necessary, but all things considered I am unaccustomed to getting this kind of after-sales care from a manufacturer, so I have to give them props for it. They do stand by their product and even offer parts, which is pretty amazing these days.

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2019, 09:36:51 am »
Dear customer,
Now, we are releasing version is 1.3. V1.4 is still being tested and is not recommended for upgrade.

FeelElec

Offline us0ta

« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2019, 10:26:16 am »
Dear, FeelElec! I bought FY-6900-60 on AliExpress, but it does not work properly. The main problem is that the device does not generate a signal at all. When you turn on the device should be a sinusoid, but it is not. When choosing the type of waves, it is also empty at the output. I tested both channels. Cable tested too. When you connect the oscilloscope also indicates the lack of waves. What could be wrong? And how to fix it?

Offline Janusz

« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2019, 11:10:49 pm »
(I am not a producer and I do not know if it will work, but) if the cables inside the device did not disconnect and you have not done it yet:
  • 1. connect the generator to the PC (via USB) and turn it on,
  • 2 run - with admin privileges - the FY6900 PC Software application (v.6.5),
  • 3 check if the software has correctly detected the generator (lower right corner of the application window: generator type (FY6900-60M) and connection port, (eg COM3), sometimes you need to disconnect and connect the cable USB by OS again detected the generator,
  • 4 on the upper bar go to the "Help" option and run the "Repair_Sine" option.
I was fix my generator (with firmware version 1.2) Good luck ...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:57:58 am by Janusz »

Offline us0ta

« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2019, 11:29:35 am »

• 1. connect the generator to the PC (via USB) and turn it on,
  • 2 run - with admin privileges - the FY6900 PC Software application (v.6.5),
  • 3 check if the software has correctly detected the generator (lower right corner of the application window: generator type (FY6900-60M) and connection port, (eg COM3), sometimes you need to disconnect and connect the cable USB by OS again detected the generator,
  • 4 on the upper bar go to the "Help" option and run the "Repair_Sine" option.
I was fix my generator (with firmware version 1.2) Good luck ...

Janusz, thank you for reply!
Installing the driver and connecting to the PC passed without problems. I did "Repair_Sine"  several times, but there is no result

Offline Janusz

« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2019, 01:57:30 pm »
...Installing the driver and connecting to the PC...but there is no result
It's a pity! I believe that the help from the manufacturer will be more effective.

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2019, 06:51:41 am »
Dear, FeelElec! I bought FY-6900-60 on AliExpress, but it does not work properly. The main problem is that the device does not generate a signal at all. When you turn on the device should be a sinusoid, but it is not. When choosing the type of waves, it is also empty at the output. I tested both channels. Cable tested too. When you connect the oscilloscope also indicates the lack of waves. What could be wrong? And how to fix it?

Dear customer,
We are very sorry about this trouble.
This condition may be caused by the internal cable falling off or loose.
Please send one message to my email: sales@feelelec.com. I could send you the files about FY6900 dismantling method.

FeelEelc

Offline us0ta

« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2019, 09:32:53 am »

Dear customer,
We are very sorry about this trouble.
This condition may be caused by the internal cable falling off or loose.
Please send one message to my email: sales@feelelec.com. I could send you the files about FY6900 dismantling method.

FeelEelc

I've received dismantling method pdf, but how it can help me?

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2019, 09:32:50 am »
Dear customer,
Is the cable inside the instrument normal?

FeelElec

Offline us0ta

« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2019, 05:51:57 pm »
Dear customer,
Is the cable inside the instrument normal?

FeelElec

Everything is ok inside, but device doesn't work properly (
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:09:49 am by us0ta »

Offline yo3fhm

« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2019, 01:51:49 pm »
Hi everybody!

I would like to ask if there is anyone who tried to upload arbitrary waveforms to FY-6900 (files created, for example, through Matlab).
There are only some brief references in the user guide, nothing step-by-step :
- Can output up to 97 groups of functions / arbitrary waveform, contains 33 groups
of preset waveforms and 64 groups of user-defined waveforms.
- Non-Volatile Storage Can store 64 user-defined arbitrary waveforms, (8K 14bits) * 64
- Users can download arbitrary waveform to this instrument after edit through PC program which is included in user CD.
- Note: Arbitrary waveforms can be edited and downloaded from PC software provided by FeelElec

In the hope of your answers, please allow me to wish you a Happy New Year and best wishes !

Regards,
Cezar YO3FHM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf