Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 155338 times)

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
  • Renovating Old Test Equipment & Calibration ..
Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2020, 09:39:55 pm »
In the software .
Look at the other post . pictures
"   All Started With A BIG Bang!! .  .   & Magic Smoke  ".

Offline bobyeltsin

« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2020, 10:10:10 pm »
Here's my two cents about this unit. Yes, it is value for money. The specs are there, the community is there, but holy shit is this a tinker toys implementation of a function generator. The housing is crap. The power supply is crap. It uses salvaged parts from the gray market. I've had to fix the PSU, correcting some serious safety flaws. Just replaced a faulty rotary encoder within one month of (lightly) using it, and the construction looks like an underground student project. But still, it works, and it does the job, but it is a high high maintenance product. buyer be aware.

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline Ronnyvs

• Contributor
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2020, 11:08:01 pm »
First of all,
Hello everybody!!!

i also got my 6900 last week(25 may 2020) ... after one day i also had an interrupted sine... before buying i read many threats, so i thought lets do the sine repair in the help function....
too bad!!!
After clicking "repair sine" the damaged sine did an inversion of 180 deg. (upside down) hmm... i clicked for the 2nd time "repair sine" but nothing happened except now the device acts very very very slow.... and no signal at all at the outputs.
turning device out and in (several times) didn't help...

so i enjoined my device literally a few hours.
Of course i sent an mail to the UK-seller of banggood and i sent a few mails to Feeltech.
Most of the forum readers do know the answer already.... NO ANSWERS!!!

According to the irritation i bought an Siglent generator last Friday (of course better device ,other money)

But for the FY6900...
Hopefully Feeltech or the seller will respond my mail and come with a solution
it would be a pity to throw it at the junk yard after a few hours of fun for a few bucks...
but i would like to get it working again...

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #303 on: May 27, 2020, 02:17:55 pm »
Hope you get a Get a refund ..
BTW which Siglent  did you get .. Just curios ..

I guess that the 6900 did not get any upgrades except better magic smoke . >:D

Return it . to the seller its still $$

Offline Ronnyvs

• Contributor
« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2020, 09:43:04 am »
Hi Labrat,

I don't want my money back, because i still believe in the product.
If it's doing what they tell what it's capable of, then it's still worth the money.
a lot off features for a little price...

so I'm not not arguing the product but the problem off how he seller and reseller deals with some products or complaints...

therefore i'll hope i get a new one, or the they give me a solution how i'm able to repair or re flash the firmware....

about you curiosity ...

I bought the Siglent SDG830.... (only one channel) but for now it's good for what i have to do with it...
software and hardware looks solid and reliable and when you take it in your hand ,then it also feels like a real device...

regards,

Ronny

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2020, 12:37:49 pm »
I would recommend you read some of the previous threads
search FY6600  its the same as what you have basically different box and a few pore updates
Look at Johnny B Good , Myself , Arthur Dent, and many more. about 3 years of blogs covering most of the problem.
Feeltech is also at the top of this blog . but there are many more .
I have the 6800 @ 60mhz also had a few problems ie the power supply went up in smoke after an hour. :wtf:
So you are not alone . but I would read the others sections . Not in this blog .
Good luck there is a lot to read

Offline Ronnyvs

• Contributor
« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2020, 09:46:51 am »
Hi,

As you can read in my other thread, i did read all the threads in some forums. depending the hardware problems i can resolve several things... so that was for me the reason that i wanted to buy such an 6900....
some small software issues arne no problem either... i did consider the price according to what you get... and i still think that good... so depending on that i would buy an 6900 again...

Hopefully banggood and feeltech would also cooperate to a good solution with the broken generator...

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #307 on: May 29, 2020, 02:22:39 pm »
Because feelelec knows of the problem of the sine wave that is corrupted and they added an option in the menu, that the only thing it does is to invert it, if it is run again the equipment is damaged, they do not release a firmware update and problems end. Also they do not participate here in the forum providing solutions, I have a 20Mhz fy6900 for now, everything is fine, but it is scary to use it, I already lost a fy6600 that they never solved the problem for me, being in guarantee. |O

in spanish
Porque se feelelec sabe del problema de la onda senoidal que se corrompe y agregaron una opcion en el menu, que lo unico que hace es invertir la misma, si se le ejecuta de nuevo se daña el equipo, no liberan una actualizacion de firmware y se terminan los problemas. Ademas ni participan aca en el foro  aportando soluciones, yo poseo un fy6900 20Mhz por ahora todo bien, pero da miedo usarlo, ya perdi un fy6600 que ellos nunca me solucionaron el problema estando este en garantia. |O

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #308 on: May 29, 2020, 03:47:44 pm »
Still waiting on mine. it'll be a month tomorrow with non-specific tracking from Feeltech China to the US. How long would it take normally? Does anybody know? Hopefully after this arrives it won't be a dog's breakfast.
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline Ronnyvs

• Contributor
« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2020, 08:54:06 pm »
A company can only exist if it is treating his customers at the right way...
if your product is not working well, that's not a problem. if you try to solve the problem that's nice and good...
But a company can't exist without any customers... so,
one way or another feelelec wil respond , or they will lose sooner or later their company because the way their behavior...

I always believe in people and i still do. That's why i also think that Feelelec would make the right choice to help their customers.

customers do have a thousand company's where they can sell, but Feelelec is just one of them... 

Feelelec, you started this forum thread, help your customers and end this thread in a proper manner...

hopefully , in the future, we could talk about your products the way it should be. Nicely with the comments positive and sometimes a little less, but always at a worthy way!

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2020, 09:50:42 pm »
A company can only exist if it is treating his customers at the right way...
if your product is not working well, that's not a problem. if you try to solve the problem that's nice and good...
But a company can't exist without any customers... so,
one way or another feelelec wil respond , or they will lose sooner or later their company because the way their behavior...
There is a sucker born every minute...

Still if your device doesn't work then file a complaint for a refund. I don't know how you bought it but you shouldn't let the opportunity to file a complaint to get a refund pass. Do not fall into the trap of being strung along long enough for the period to file a complaint pass. That is the number 1 rule when buying stuff from China.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:52:24 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Ronnyvs

• Contributor
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2020, 09:14:39 am »
Nctnico,

It looks like you don't understand the message i wrote....
I'm not complaining about any refund or anything else. I got an arrangement with Banggood  and they offert me almost immediately an propose of a new device or money refund.

so according to that, nothing to complain!

it was a message which will affect on every company, and in this forum especially to Feelelec.

And about buying stuff in china....
Not everything goes well, but actually i do a lot of business directly with China  for almost 15 years.
And my experience is quite good... mostly good and fast reply of messages, price-arrangements are reliable, even so the delivering as well.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2020, 04:42:37 pm »
it was a message which will affect on every company, and in this forum especially to Feelelec.
Well, that part is only partly true. Most people look at the price only and keep buying mediocre stuff. So in the end the largest market share will not be held by the company offering the best quality or service but by the company which delivers products which are OK-ish for the price. You see that with many Chinese equipment manufacturers; they dial in quality & service to the point of biggest profit.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline kjpye

• Contributor
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2020, 03:45:04 am »

You see that with many Chinese equipment manufacturers; they dial in quality & service to the point of biggest profit.
[/quote]
Every (successful) manufacturer does the same thing. You find a market niche not being filled by somebody else.

Offline TechieTX

• Contributor
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2020, 09:57:14 pm »
One thing I'm curious about: 2 pages back in post #257 masterx81 said he'd bought a new 6900 and it had firmware 1.3.1.

Anyone tried updating?  Does it actually update?

I've been periodically checking this thread since January.  Call me crazy, but I don't trust their response of "Our latest version is 1.3, and 1.3 supports online upgrade." based on design flaws and history.  Until I see something from a real user along the lines of "yes, it updated and didn't brick my sig gen" then I'm holding off buying one.  That 'repair sine' feature doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about their coding competence.   :-\

Additionally, someone had mentioned elsewhere 15WV electrolytics on the 13.5V supplies in the stock PSU.  Whichever bargain bin engineer specified them apparently has little understanding of MTBF.  Sounds like the PSU is designed to last for about a month of continuous operation.  Google:"load life rating" and the first hit will give you a hint why that's a Bad Idea.
"No matter where you go, there you are." ~BB

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2020, 10:54:10 am »
I'm a owner of this FY6900 (labeled KKMoon but we learned that this is all the same)
After some month of use I'm happy with regards to price and function.
I read all the forum posts regarding this device and learned a lot with special thanks to JBG.
I decided to keep the PSU but I replaced the weak cabling (see photos attached)
and replaced the terrible ground connection by a better 5.6k resistor connection (in the black heat shrinking).
I also build in a 40mm vent (12 V) and connected it to the new fan connector (5 V). I used hot glue for the mounting - no screws and let it blow the
air into the device. It's performing very well without any noise.

And with the hint from the forum I upgraded this incredible piece of sh... software (running as Admin)

At this time I discovered how worth the 10 MHz time base is. The (TC??)XO is a surface mounted 3.3V module.

Because I do not own one of the fancy HP counters I checked it against the 1pps of a UBLOX Neo 6m and calculated
a difference of 18,1 ppm. So I looked at EBay and found a appropriate 3.3. V OCXO for 16€ (incl. delivery).

But how to check this OXCO? I measured it's frequ with the FY6900 and recalculated it against the measured failure and got
a failure of 0,238 ppm. That's not far from the failure of a locked Neo 6m.

So far so good. But I was curious to measure it the direct way. The counter function of the FY6900 is ok, it runs till 999.999.999.999.
But you have to start, stop and clear it manually. I looked around but found no information in the manual and my tests with the trigger input
didn'd find any results. Has anybody checked this and found an undisclosured functionality of the FY6900 for gating the counter?

So I decided to breadboard a poor man's gating. With the help of an 74S74 and an 74S37 I triggered the flipflop with the 1pps and gated
always the 74S37 for the OCXO 10 MHz to the counters input.

So you can stop it after (2x) 1s, 10s, 100s ... to get the readings.

With this small setup I got the OCX= frequency by 9.999.998,54 Hz (after warming up for 1 hour). This fits to my recalculated value not too bad!

The OCXO takes about 500 mA at 3.3 V. I do not think that the integrated PSU can provide this additional power but I'll check it.

Some photos attached fyi.

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2020, 09:08:37 pm »
 A very nice post, Bad_Driver :) and my thanks to you for providing details of your modifications and your proposed replacement of the original 10MHz smd XO ic with an OCXO (at least you don't have to mess about with a 3N502 clock multiplier chip as owners of the 66 and 68 models had been obliged to do with their 10MHz OCXO upgrades).

I'm a owner of this FY6900 (labeled KKMoon but we learned that this is all the same)
I read all the forum posts regarding this device and learned a lot with special thanks to JBG.
and replaced the terrible ground connection by a better 5.6k resistor connection (in the black heat shrinking).
I also build in a 40mm vent (12 V) and connected it to the new fan connector (5 V). I used hot glue for the mounting - no screws and let it blow the

Aw, shucks! You're embarrassing me now :D

Although that tiny smpsu board has received much criticism, I still have some doubts as to whether the criticism is sufficiently justified to warrant its replacement with a "Better Kwality" cased smpsu or a DIY'd analogue solution so I'm holding fire on such a "PSU upgrade" until I finally get around to running those tests using battery power that I've been meaning to do these past 12 months or so.

I've had the 12AH SLA (and a 7805) several years prior to even discovering the very existence of the FY6600 and have since purchased a couple of 6v lantern batteries for the negative supply rail some six months ago now. The problem is that I've had more pressing needs to attend to (such as DIY GPSDOs and their little side projects) to deflect me from performing the battery power testing needed to both prove the need to upgrade the smpsu board but also to provide a baseline against which to test the performance of replacement PSU solutions. I don't want to just rush into a psu upgrade project based on (possibly unwarranted) assumptions alone.

That little 5 volted 12v cooling fan makes a considerable difference to the internal temperature despite its modestly quiet airflow performance. It doesn't need much airflow when the case venting arrangements more or less completely cancels out what little thermosiphon cooling effect may exist, especially when tilted up on its bail stand. For anyone even so much as considering a replacement DIY analogue psu, a cooling fan is an absolute prerequisite (cooling fan first then, maybe a psu upgrade later).

And with the hint from the forum I upgraded this incredible piece of sh... software (running as Admin)

That bit of news should reassure TechieTX then.  ;)

At this time I discovered how worth the 10 MHz time base is. The (TC??)XO is a surface mounted 3.3V module.

Because I do not own one of the fancy HP counters I checked it against the 1pps of a UBLOX Neo 6m and calculated
a difference of 18,1 ppm. So I looked at EBay and found a appropriate 3.3. V OCXO for 16€ (incl. delivery).

But how to check this OXCO? I measured it's frequ with the FY6900 and recalculated it against the measured failure and got
a failure of 0,238 ppm. That's not far from the failure of a locked Neo 6m.

That 18.1ppm error comes as no surprise (btw, I think where you've used the word "failure", you actually mean "error" ;) ).
It's just an XO btw. A TCXO would normally have a trimmer to adjust it to within the typically claimed +/-0.1ppm margin of error.

That OCXO looks just like my 10MHz CQE 12v OCXOs. It should have a VFC pin to allow it to be electrically tuned (typically over a range of 1 to 4ppm). Looking at the images you attached, I couldn't see any connection to this VFC pin which I'm guessing is likely floating around the mid Vcc point (~1.6v) since it has settled so close to its marked frequency.

You can put a trimming pot across the supply rail and connect the slider to the VFC pin and trim it to within a few hundred ppt of 10Mz (a three orders of magnitude improvement on its current calibration). Even with a 25 turn trimpot, you'll likely need to pad it out at one or both ends to concentrate the adjustment range closer to its 10MHz frequency (and this relies on having a very stable 3.3v supply feeding the trimpot). For now at this experimental testing stage, you could use any handy 5 to 50K potentiometer to improve on no trimpot at all.

The fifth pin (there's usually a fifth pin whether or not it has any function) may be a voltage reference (possibly 1.8 or 2.5 volts from the built in LDO supplying the oscillator circuit itself, or maybe just a 2.5 or 3.0 volt source from a tightly temperature controlled precision bandgap voltage reference for use elsewhere by whatever other circuitry it is attached to.

The only type of high precision bandgap voltage reference that performs better than a temperature compensated one is a temperature controlled high precision bandgap voltage reference which your typical OCXO has in spades. As long as you don't try to use it directly as a stabilised supply to power even low power logic, it's likely to outdo any other alternative high precision voltage source you might otherwise employ.

So far so good. But I was curious to measure it the direct way. The counter function of the FY6900 is ok, it runs till 999.999.999.999.
But you have to start, stop and clear it manually. I looked around but found no information in the manual and my tests with the trigger input
didn'd find any results. Has anybody checked this and found an undisclosured functionality of the FY6900 for gating the counter?

So I decided to breadboard a poor man's gating. With the help of an 74S74 and an 74S37 I triggered the flipflop with the 1pps and gated
always the 74S37 for the OCXO 10 MHz to the counters input.

So you can stop it after (2x) 1s, 10s, 100s ... to get the readings.

With this small setup I got the OCX= frequency by 9.999.998,54 Hz (after warming up for 1 hour). This fits to my recalculated value not too bad!

The OCXO takes about 500 mA at 3.3 V. I do not think that the integrated PSU can provide this additional power but I'll check it.

Some photos attached fyi.

I'm not aware of any hidden counter functionality in any of this series of function generators (FY66. 68 and 69) but your frequency counter lashup (gating the counter from the 1PPS on a 100 seconds measuring interval) should give you pretty fair accuracy considering the NEO-6M's 21ns jitter and the random peak phase drift of up to 30ns imposed by ionospheric effects on the SV signals over a 100 seconds gating time.

You made a wise choice by using the 74S series (110MHz typical clocking speed for the 74S74 versus 33MHz for the 74 and 25MHz for the 74LS with sub 10ns switching speeds). A lot of the propagation delay should cancel out, leaving most of the uncertainty in the GPS domain.

All that's missing from your test setup is a calibration trimpot to tune the OCXO to within 30ppt or so of its specified 10MHz frequency with something to insulate it from random draughts of air (and also reduce its "at temperature heating demand" which is likely to be around the 180 to 200mA mark).

Most of the 3.3v OCXOs I've checked out, seem to demand around 1 to 1.2A heat up current which gets them to operating temperature in around 3 minutes or just under. That 500mA initial warmup demand, whilst kinder to your 3.3v supply, means it's likely to take a good (or bad iyswim) 5 to 6 minutes to get to temperature.

Your biggest hurdle to using this OCXO in your FY6900 is going to be finding the extra 1.4W (possibly as much as 3.6W if that 500mA is due to a current limit in the 3.3v supply), let alone the at temperature demand of 600 to 800mW. Others doing this upgrade with the older 12v OCXOs took advantage of the horrible imbalance in maximum current ratings between the negative and positive 12v rails of their replacement smpsu upgrades putting the doubled or tripled rating of the plus 12v rail compared to the puny rating of the negative rail to good use, powering their add-on OCXO.

Since I didn't want to be rushed into upgrading the PSU to one of these overspecified smpsus just for the sake of finding the additional 280mA at 12v for my OCXO, I simply gutted the innards of a small Linksys 12v 500mA wallwart and mounted its tiny smpsu board inside my function generator, wiring its mains input directly to the C6 mains socket I'd used to replace the cheap 'n' nasty 2 pole C8 socket. This not only neatly solved the power issue, it also allowed me to leave the OCXO powered up regardless of the mains on off switch state all the time it remained plugged into a wall outlet.

The only fly in this ointment being that, despite the foam rubber 'overcoat' on an ovenised XO, the overnight drop in temperature was still enough to result in a 200ppt drift in frequency which takes a couple of hours to settle down. It's only a minor irritation (a mere 0.2ppb error) since there's no warm up delay on subsequent power up as there would otherwise be if everything had been powered down overnight (plus, it's never a good idea to subject an OCXO to needless temperature cycling anyway).

I could use the front panel standby 'on/off' button to minimise this effect but since it only reduces consumption from circa 7W down to around 5W (instead of the 1.3W taken by the OCXO and its smpsu board alone), I prefer to just switch off at the back when I've lost interest in maintaining the frequency to within +/-30ppt to monitor the deficiencies of a basic GPSDO relying on a cheap u-Blox  navigation module, prey to the timing errors imposed by the varying ionospheric conditions.

I'd love to replace the M8N with an M8T or even a 6 or 7 T model but all bar the ancient 5T carry a hefty price premium (around a £100 extra for one of those PixHawk units still blessed with a 6T rather than the more up to date (and better suited to the navigation demands of a drone) M8N. Long gone are the days (back in 2016) when the 6T PixHawk kit could be had for just a modest 30 quid :'(

I've attached a couple of photographs of my much modded FY6600 - It's starting to get just a little crowded in there. ::)

Top left hand corner shows the plastic ex-wallwart case half (chosen simply because was the right size and could take a couple of self tapping screws to hold it down to the base of the case) into which I hot glued the PCB of another wallwart (that half amp 12 volt Linksys one I mentioned). This is wired to power the OCXO (bottom LHS of the picture). The OCXO's output feeds the injection locking module located in the extreme top RHS which allows an external 10MHz reference to gently lock the OCXO to its frequency, which signal is then passed onto the 3N502 sitting right where the original 50MHz XO chip used to reside.

A preliminary search for suitable 30VA R-Core transformers to make up a replacement PSU based on buck converters rather than those miniature space heaters commonly known as 7805, 7812 and 7912 voltage regulators (or modern day equivalents) suggests it may be possible to shoehorn one into the space now occupied by the PSU board (sandwiched between the fan and OCXO).

Since this psu upgrade will also be able to power the OCXO, a dedicated OCXO psu board will no longer be required, freeing up a little more space for components of the new psu (assuming my planned battery tests indicated any merit in such an upgrade). IOW, whilst it does seem rather overcrowded in there, it does look like I should be able perform a PSU upgrade without imposing too much disruption on the existing layout. However, that's a low priority right now - I've got enough side projects to keep me busy for a while yet before I revisit this particular "Can of Worms".

JBG
John

The following users thanked this post: Chris Roubis

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2020, 07:30:32 am »
Thanks Johnny for your long reply!

I read all you postings regarding the Feeltech FY series and the idea for my accomplished and planned modifications came from your
postings! And sorry for my failure/error/mistake. I'm not a native speaker and I have to help myself with my east german school english!
(and by the way: cool nick name with respect to a great song - I especially like it in the version of Jimi H.)

Unfortunately  the bought OXCO has no Ref.Volt.Out and no adjustment (the pins are still there) - see attached data sheet of
the vectron OC-160-DAB-308BF. I wasn't aware of that but for my first tries it works out for me. Later I can go ahead with a better one.
But I'm impressed how carefully you watched my pictures.

To be honest: For my needs the FG works fine, I'm a hobbyist but I like good tools. So I bought some weeks ago the new Siglent SDS 2000X Plus
and with the "improvements" from the dedicated forum I own now a 500 MHz oscilloscope  :-DD And with it's measurement function I discovered first
the freq-error of the FY. And there is a german saying: "Der Weg ist das Ziel" - which means that it's all about the way and not about the final result

I'm coming as hobbyist from Audio electronics, renewal of old HiFi equipment as  a REVOX Tape Recorder, amplifiers and such stuff. During my University time I
worked with digital electronics and Zilog Z80 in the 80s. Then I were for 20 y out of E-business and restarted as hobby some years ago
2 years ago I started with Arduino and played around with GPS. I have a lot respect of everything > 1 MHz and I try here to improve my knowledge.

Regarding the PSU I'm with you. It makes no sense to follow all the suggested improvements without any idea what can be achieved.
In my head is a very simple approach. On my shelfs are dozens of old Laptop PSUs with enough power for everything but unfortunately only one voltage.
So I looked around and found TPS5430 based ready to use solutions at EBay (see attached photo)

What do you think about this: using an external 19V Laptop PSU (no problems with grounding and security anymore), inside a TPS5430-based PSU
adopted to 2x13,5 V and another cheap Step-down-converter for 5V?? It's the cheapest way to (hopefully) improve the PSU of the FY. If there is enough
place and need for further "cleaning" you can bring another analog regulation behind the switching one. And I get enough power for any OCXO as well.
I played around with such a solution for a headphone amplifier which needs +/+16 volts and it works very well.  :bullshit:

But my main restriction is time. I'm still working (more than full time and with a lot of travelling) and have family. So I have to look for some hours to come forward with my projects.

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2020, 08:52:45 pm »
Its same as the FY6600/ 6800  just the case

MY one is the FY6800 @ 60Mhz
Hi You would be better reversing the fan to suck the air though and out . All electrical equipment use this method
as it give better uniformed cooling .
Plus I have also done a mother load of upgrades
I  followed JBG ideas and ArthurDent  with a few extras mods of my own .
 I upgrade the power supply to to be 80% efficient  to run the 20Mhz OCXO  0.02PPb  .
apodoses to the 10MHZ
Mounted in a thermal case . also added 333 ohm resistor to the trigger BNC so I could use the internal counter on the
coupled mode set at DC. . to check stability
Added 2,  10nf caps on the buffer op amps to compensate for the relay contact noise on the square wave.

I have one more mode still on the drawing board .
at the moment its working almost dam close to perfect . ^-^

It also passes ArthurDents test as well  123456789Mhz   :-+

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:57:12 pm by Labrat101 »

The following users thanked this post: Chris Roubis

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2020, 12:30:18 am »
Thanks Johnny for your long reply!

I read all you postings regarding the Feeltech FY series and the idea for my accomplished and planned modifications came from your
postings!

Some might consider you a 'glutton for punishment' for admitting that.  :)

And sorry for my failure/error/mistake. I'm not a native speaker and I have to help myself with my east german school english!

No need to apologise! Your written English is far better than my written Spanish (Español) and I managed to obtain a CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education) grade 1 pass (regarded as the equivalent of a grade 4 pass in the higher GCE (General Certificate of Education) exam standard of the late '60s here in the UK).

I sometimes spot similar errors when I proof read these missives of mine (and I'm a native English speaker!!! :-[ ). I wasn't being critical, just contributing a bit of feedback to help you perfect your written English skills.

(and by the way: cool nick name with respect to a great song - I especially like it in the version of Jimi H.)

It's a pseudonym I came up with when I started posting to usenet news groups. Not my first (ill considered) choices of pseudonym but my 2nd or 3rd by which time I'd decided to use one that at least would be pronounceable when read out loud (and more easily remembered) with a loose connection to my actual name (John).

Many of the pseudonyms seen in EEVBlog postings seem to be based on electronic components without much regard as to how awkward and clumsy they might be for their respondents to use as a means of address in any replies. I know a name, real or pseudonym, is just a label which can be any unique combination of letters and digits. Since we're human rather than machines relying upon simplistic labelling algorithms where any jumble of letters and digits will suffice to uniquely specify a label, I'm left wondering at this predilection for machine friendly labels instead of the more easy for humans to remember labels such as Johnny, Frederic, Alfred, Alphonsus Liguori, Cuthbert and suchlike?  >:D

Unfortunately  the bought OXCO has no Ref.Volt.Out and no adjustment (the pins are still there) - see attached data sheet of
the vectron OC-160-DAB-308BF. I wasn't aware of that but for my first tries it works out for me. Later I can go ahead with a better one.
But I'm impressed how carefully you watched my pictures.

You've fallen into the trap that OCXO always means VCOCXO when the reality is that it only typically means VCOCXO and can, as you've just discovered, sometimes just mean literally "What it says on the tin.".

Strictly speaking, what you had been shopping for, was a VCOCXO but when you try using that as a search term, you end up missing most of the VCOCXOs on offer simply through them being mislabelled as OCXOs for the sake of descriptive brevity under the quite reasonable assumption that an "OCXO" without such a VFC pin is about as much use as an armless Handyman (i.e. Pointless!).

TBH, on a package that size which includes the most expensive part of the VFC circuit, the pin itself, the startling omission of the varactor diode and smd resistor network is, imo, sheer criminal negligence, no doubt perpetrated at the behest of the manufacturers' bean counters looking to shave a cent off the cost off a 50 dollar part. :palm:

It's rather unfortunate that such ambiguity from the common use of the label OCXO to describe both OCXO and VCOCXO types can lead to such purchasing errors when the buyer fails to check this very point. When purchasing from major electronic component suppliers such as Farnell and Digikey which list OCXOs by the thousand, it's easy enough to check whether you're looking at a fixed or tunable type (once you've found the appropriate data column in a page and half wide table!).

If you're looking at an Ebay offering and it doesn't explicitly state which type it is, you'll need to message the seller and ask them to clarify this point. That way, you have it in writing should the part supplied not be as they described, allowing you to extract a refund either directly or via Ebay's money back guarantee.

As for the non-functioning Vref pin, whilst a bit of a disappointment, it's far less of an issue. My very first ever VCOCXO which I bought last year at the Blackpool Mobile Radioham rally for the princely sum of 4 quid had a Vref and a VCF pin. It was a 13MHz CQE unit rather than the 10MHz VCOCXO I'd actually wanted to purchase. I bought it anyway since it had been the only OCXO of any sort I'd seen anywhere on sale at that event and any OCXO was better than nothing, especially at such a low price. It would at least give me a VCOCXO to experiment with whilst I tried to track down a more suitable one at a less than exorbitant price on Ebay and I had a strong hunch that I could use it to generate a 10MHz reference locked to its 13MHz output with just the right mix of TTL magic if needs be (in this case, I wasn't wrong - the proof sits atop of my component drawers stack on my workbench).

I mention this DIY GPSDO project related trivia simply because I couldn't track down a data sheet to identify its pin outs nor its operating voltage (5 or 12 volts???) other than for a 12v 13MHz Vectron which helped for the pin outs but left me in the dark over its required operating voltage. However, this search for a datasheet did lead me to a UK based Ebay trader selling the 12v 10MHz version of this 13MHz CQE OCXO for just 99 pence more than I'd paid for that radioham rally bargain. I chanced 19 quid on three (£14.97 plus £4 P&P) which all tested good when they arrived just a few days later.

I then immediately placed an order for four more. At a fiver each, one can never have too many, plus bulk ordering saved a little on the P&P costs -2 quid for the first one and a quid postage for each additional unit - in this case, a total order cost of £24.95. These also tested good and I now have my "Lifetime's Supply" of CQE 12v 10MHz VCOCXOs. :)

Meanwhile, I had already lashed up a divide by 13 test circuit on a solderless breadboard sandwiched between times two and times 5 clock multiplier stages to prove I could actually generate a precise 10MHz from the original 13MHz OCXO which I had decided to treat as a 5 volt part rather than risk literally blowing my 4 quid investment with a dose of 12 volts.

I only had a relatively crude means of applying test voltages above the 5 volt mark to test with at that time, plus it was my one and only working OCXO and since it seemed to function ok on a 5 volt supply anyway, even if it was taking around 8 minutes to warm up, I decided to play safe and assume it was actually a 5 volt part after all rather than risk going beyond the 7.6 volts I'd already taken a chance with.

The way the square wave voltage had been increasing with supply voltage, some 2v p-p shy of the supply rail voltage, implying a never seen by me in any OCXO datasheets of a p-p voltage of 10v on a 12 volt supply, did strongly suggest that this 13MHz unit was in reality a 5 rather than a 12 volt part best not subjected to any further voltage abuse. I have, and still do, treat it as a 5 volt part to this day.

However, I'm working on a MK II GPSDO based on one of the 10MHz units and a simplified construction on copper clad board using 'squashed bug' style IC mounting to replace the current setup built onto veroboard (strip board) using the 13MHz OCXO with its associated collection of power rail polluting TTL to generate a rather jittery 10MHz reference which had required the addition of a 10MHz XTAL between the LPF and the output socket to tone down the jitter to a more acceptable level. This MK II version should be a vast improvement over its predecessor in spite of it being essentially the same basic analogue filtered hardware PLLed design.

Once I have this later version up and running, I'll be pulling that 13MHz OCXO out once I've collected enough test data comparing the old and the new units to run more supply voltage tests (to destruction if needs be) now that I have a suitable variable voltage bench supply to test with. I've had a growing suspicion these past few months that my "5 Volt" OCXO may actually be a cunningly disguised "12 Volt" part after all. Now that I have a 12v 10MHz OCXO, along with half a dozen working spares, I can now well afford the risk of blowing my 4 quid investment away in a 12 volt testing 'accident'. >:D

To be honest: For my needs the FG works fine, I'm a hobbyist but I like good tools. So I bought some weeks ago the new Siglent SDS 2000X Plus
and with the "improvements" from the dedicated forum I own now a 500 MHz oscilloscope  :-DD And with it's measurement function I discovered first
the freq-error of the FY. And there is a german saying: "Der Weg ist das Ziel" - which means that it's all about the way and not about the final result

Well, you don't exactly need to spend  £2,736.00 on a SDS2000X Plus 350MHz 4CH DSO to measure that sort of frequency error  :) You could have made do with a £360.00 SDS 1202X-E (I paid a fiver more just over 18 months ago for mine) and a €20.00 u-blox NEO M8N to provide a cheap yet ever so precise (if a little jittery) 10MHz reference to compare against the FG's output (just tune the FG for 'zero beat' around a 180mH away from the 10MHz setting in your case).

The English expression is: "It's morel about the journey than the destination." That's ever so true of Life's journey with its unchanging itinerary: "You're born, you live, you die.". It would seem you're travelling First class whilst I'm happily making do with 'Economy Class'. :)

The frequency counter display, top right hand corner on these SDS models, is a hardware frequency counter display (6 digit for the SDS1202X-E and 7 digit for the SDS2000X Plus series) which is more accurate than the software based measurements display. When I first got my M8N to finally get a usable lock (the built in patch antenna had been demoted to an ornamental badge courtesy of all the circuit traces underneath its ground plane grossly overloading the tiny LNA with self inflicted RFI, effectively blocking all SV signal reception.

It was only when I tried a 3/4 wavelength wire antenna shoved into the SMA socket that I finally started seeing SV signals several days after I had taken delivery and several days prior to a separately ordered Active mag mount patch antenna with 5 metre cable being posted through our letterbox.

Once I was able to get the M8N module to lock onto satellites and allow me to program the PPS line to a 10MHz 50% duty cycle, I could finally check the accuracy of that SDS1202X-E DSO's hardware frequency counter for the very first time, discovering that it was some 300Hz high (10,0003MHz). This error reduced very slowly over the next 6 to 9 months, reaching the point where it now continues to give readings of 10,0000MHz on a 10MHz reference frequency.

I very much doubt that Siglent calibrated it with precisely the pre-aging offset required to let it settle "exactly on frequency" after 9 months to a year of service. They may possibly have given it some deliberate offset to allow for an average amount of ageing drift but the fact that mine, within the limits of the display resolution (6 digits' worth), is now 'spot on frequency' must surely just simply be a matter of pure dumb luck.

I would be a little leary of relying on a brand new Siglent DSO's hardware frequency counter to provide accurate frequency readouts even within its own modest 6 or 7 digit resolution limit. It's useful for showing 'ball park' readings by way of a quick sanity check but if you need better accuracy you'd do better to use the frequency counter function of an FY6600 with calibrated to better than 1ppb OCXO reference on a 100 second gate time.  >:D

I've got mine measuring the GPSDO's 10MHz +11.5dBm sine wave output (not connected to the external reference socket - the FG's OCXO is running free) on a 100s gating time and the final digit is alternating between 1 and 0. On average, it's over-reading by 5mHz but that might be something to do with it claiming to be detecting a 56% duty cycle.

This may or may not be true of the actual sine wave output from my GPSDO. The 10MHz square wave output coming from three of the 74HC14 hex Schmidt trigger inverters via 150 ohm resistors connected to the LPF filter via a 100nF capacitor to remove the DC component further filtered by a 10MHz crystal tuned to its series resonance in series with the output from the LPF I'd have thought should have well and truly removed any such duty cycle imbalance but I'm open to learning new and startling facts in regard of converting square waves into pure sine waves.

I may have missed a trick or possibly it's merely a defect in the FG's frequency counter input circuitry. It'll be interesting to repeat this test with the MK II GPSDO as my source of pure 10MHz sine wave test signal.

I'm coming as hobbyist from Audio electronics, renewal of old HiFi equipment as  a REVOX Tape Recorder, amplifiers and such stuff. During my University time I
worked with digital electronics and Zilog Z80 in the 80s. Then I were for 20 y out of E-business and restarted as hobby some years ago
2 years ago I started with Arduino and played around with GPS. I have a lot respect of everything > 1 MHz and I try here to improve my knowledge.

Well, it's a similar story here. For a change, I won't bore you with the gory details suffice to say that FeelTech's bean counter led cheapskate cost cutting measures are like an old old friend. Even Akai have managed to perpetrate some staggeringly stupid bean counter induced tricks on their flagship tape decks (the cost cutting clipping distortion inducing trick used to save pennies on the dolby record and playback boards in a 500 quid GX630DB and the idiocy of using a rubber drive belt between the rubber faced tape counter idler to drive a separately mounted optical tape counter sensor rather than mount the sensor directly onto the idler wheel shaft saving both costs and improving accuracy (the very opposite of the usual bean counter trick :wtf:) feeding an electronic counter which could be set to show footage or hours minutes and second's worth of tape used or remaining on their even more flagship GX747 bi-directional record and playback 4 track stereo deck both of which had sideband scrape noise and wow and flutter figures well below the likes of Revox and their ilk.

I still have those tapedecks. The later GX747 (originally bought to replace my much modded but stolen GX630dB) got packed away into its original box barely used (no Dolby noise reduction) nearly forty years ago when I was reunited with my beloved (I'd invested a lot of energy in various modifications) GX630DB hardly the worse for its year or so spent in the hands of a "Fence". This is still sitting on top of one of my speakers gathering dust waiting for me to get round to resuming my 30 year old tape digitisation project. I may well get back to it one of these days but don't ask me when.  :(

Regarding the PSU I'm with you. It makes no sense to follow all the suggested improvements without any idea what can be achieved.
In my head is a very simple approach. On my shelfs are dozens of old Laptop PSUs with enough power for everything but unfortunately only one voltage.
So I looked around and found TPS5430 based ready to use solutions at EBay (see attached photo)

The thing that puts me off using such laptop charging bricks is the possibility that they may introduce switching noise which could see any analogue or buck converter regulators as an easy open pathway onto the 12v rails. They might not be as big a problem as I fear but be prepared to test for any such possible 'surprises'.

The main issue with mains voltage smpsus is this business of switching a 170 to 340vdc HT supply to use a ferrite transformer to step down the voltage and galvanically isolate the low voltage output from the incoming mains supply. Unless this transformer has had an extra penny or two spent on adding a screening foil between the mains side windings and the low voltage output winding(s), a lot of high frequency switching energy will be coupled via the interwinding capacitance from the high voltage pulses onto the low voltage secondary windings producing a significant amount of common mode interference on the LVDC output wiring.

This is certainly the main issue with the psu board used by FeelTech in their function generators (that troublesome Y cap is intended to divert these common mode currents straight back to the source where they belong. Unfortunately for us humans and any sensitive DUT, this source is a high voltage DC modulated with the mains voltage waveform. The cap filters the DC component but this leaves us with a very high impedance (1.6M ohm for a 1nF Ycap) half mains 'touch' voltage. An irritating annoyance for us humans but an ESD risk to any sensitive DUT not already cross bonded to the BNC ground prior to connecting to its test point. That 5.6K grounding resistor neatly shunts this touch voltage to less than half a volt whilst neatly avoiding the creation of a low impedance mains earthing loop.

I checked out the TI datasheet on the TPS5430 you mentioned. It's actually (primarily) a buck regulator chip. Obviously the circuitry around the negative rail chip has been rearranged to provide an inverted boost output topology, sacrificing some efficiency and output capability and the inevitable increase in ripple voltage on its output. Provided it can still supply the demand from the load, the increased ripple can be mitigated with an additional LPF.

The problem with almost all boost inverters is that they have a harder task to perform than its buck converter counterpart. It's a problem that's made worse in the case of inverting boost converters which can't cheat by using the incoming supply as a base voltage upon which to series output a lower voltage to effect the required voltage boost. In the case of an inverting boost converter which supplies a negative rail from a positive supply, all of the output energy has to come from the energy storage element, typically an inductor.

The main reason for my considering the slightly less efficient R_Core transformer compared to its toroidal transformer counterpart is due to the lack of any toroids with more than two isolated secondary windings compared to the typical maximum of four typically found on R-Core transformers. The need to choose an efficient compact 25 to 30VA rated mains transformer is driven by the lack of cheap negative rail buck converter modules. Having at least three isolated secondary windings available will allow me to use cheap high efficiency positive rail buck converters for all three supply rails (using one 'connected backwards' for the -13.5 volt rail).

However, the 1.2MHz switching buck converters I'm favouring for this job only have a maximum input voltage limit of 24vdc which makes secondary voltage selection very tight when you don't know the exact basis for their 15 or 18 volt specification (on load? off load? at maximum or minimum mains voltage? What???). I'd be much happier with a version that is rated for a 40vdc input since it would ease my choice of transformer considerably. The only buck converters I have with a 42vdc input rating are the slightly less efficient switching/LDO combination type where the buck converter supplies 6.5vdc to a 5v LDO. They're supposed to be a compromise between the efficiency of switching technology and the low noise feature of an analogue regulator - Yeah, right! I'll believe that when I start testing them and see this with my own eyes ::)

What do you think about this: using an external 19V Laptop PSU (no problems with grounding and security anymore), inside a TPS5430-based PSU
adopted to 2x13,5 V and another cheap Step-down-converter for 5V?? It's the cheapest way to (hopefully) improve the PSU of the FY. If there is enough
place and need for further "cleaning" you can bring another analog regulation behind the switching one. And I get enough power for any OCXO as well.
I played around with such a solution for a headphone amplifier which needs +/+16 volts and it works very well.  :bullshit:

If you're going to be using DC charging brick limited to an output voltage of 19 to 23 volt, those cheap mini 360 1.3A variable output voltage buck converters sold by Banggood will be just the ticket for the positive rails, leaving you to track down just one positive input, negative output boost converter for the negative rail (otherwise just use that TPS5430 module for the +/-13.5 volt rails and a single mini 360 buck converter for the 5v rail.

Although the 5v logic supply won't be bothered by supply ripple voltage it may still be of benefit to add an lpf at the psu end to reduce any ripple since it's the effect of the corresponding ripple current flowing through a common return shared with the analogue supply that you need to keep mindful of.

If you can't separate the 5v logic supply's ground return from the analogue supply rails' ground return in the PSU, then aim to keep the ground connection between the PSU and the main board as short and as heavy gauge as is practical to minimise any such ripple current induced crosstalk between the logic and analogue supplies as possible. You can fit a ferrite ring or tube to suppress any common mode over the whole bundle of wires and even fit ferrite beads or tubes over the individual supply wires, just don't do the same for the common ground return. :)

But my main restriction is time. I'm still working (more than full time and with a lot of travelling) and have family. So I have to look for some hours to come forward with my projects.

I know what you mean, I was planning on making a start on my MK II GPSDO today but got so involved in creating this "Masterpiece" of a response  :-DD :-DD :-DD... Sorry, oh yes. here I am putting the final touch to this missive, which is to say, it's only a quarter to one in the am, still early for this night owl so I may yet despoil that lovely blank sheet of copper clad board with the very first hole to locate my chosen OCXO's final resting place in this new GPSDO project of mine before retiring for the night. :phew:

P.S. I may be slow in responding to any more postings from now on once I actually start building a new project as I'm hoping to do very shortly. Apologies in advance if I appear to be ignoring anyone but I'm not as good at this "Multi-tasking" malarky as I once had the arrogance to think I was. ::)

P.P.S. I've attached a couple of documents you might find of interest.

JBG
John

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2020, 05:53:05 am »
Thanks for reading and commenting my postings!

@Labrat101:
Great job with the modifications you have done! Thanks for the advice with the vent. But I'm not sure that it will have the same effect ecsp. with the PSU
when running reverse @ 5V. May be I have to increase the voltage a little bit but I want to avoid another kind of complexity (with fan regulation).
One of the things I learned during my business life is to follow KISS (keep it simple and short - if possible, and if not, than take the nearest non-complex solution)

I looked around in the forum for the mentioned "Arthur Dent test" but with his more than 1100 postings I couldn'd find it, can you give me advice?

This leads me to my next question for JBG and Labrat:

You both have done the OCXO-mod with your device. What is the result for the FG? Are 10.000.000 Hz on the output now really 10 MHz or are there other
influences and hurdles in the device design?

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2020, 06:58:40 am »
Johnny I waked up unfortunately early at 6 and read your posting in bed.

You spend so much time for your long reply! Thanks!

To buy the OCXO without VCO was my mistake. The type was clearly stated at EBay but unfortunately I missed that point when I checked the data sheet.
But 16€ was ok for my first tests.

The decision for the new oscilloscope was not easy. I used for 10 y  and old, used, no-name 250 MSample/S chinese osci that I bought at EBay for my LF-work.
But for month now I had do deal with a defect rotary pulse switch for the channel 1 tray offset. And it seems not easy to find a fitting replacement because
it is unlabeled. If I find one I will repair it and sell it again but I'm not sure that the efforts are worth it.

For my Arduino projects it make sense to have a 4-channel device. For more than 1 year I've done research in the forums and at youtube.
And I was considering to buy a SDS-1104X-E.  To be honest, it would do the job.

Then I took the new RIGOL MSO5000 into account. Yes there is also a forum based "improvement" solution but the firmware seems to
be buggy. No we are in the 1k€ region  :=\
Around new year the new SDS2000X Plus showed up and I was impressed by the big screen, mouse control (really helpful on my bench) and the 10 bit mode (limited up to 100 MHz)
I belief that this will be great for my LF-work, I own a dozen high end tape recorders (btw: the REVOX is a reel-to-reel recorder, B77) and some of them
need care.

After family-internal negotiation I ordered a SDS-2104X+ for about 1300 € here in Germany. And it is a great old man's toy  :-+
And with all the addons (also integrated FG, several bus decodierers, Bode plotting...) and the incredible bandwith of now 500 MHz I'm happy for the next 10 years (I hope)

And my company tells me to fly economy as well  |O
But your assumption is right at the end of my working life I can spend some bucks more for my hobby beside all the care for my family and my 4 kids.

John you has spend a lot of efforts with the measurement of noise floor with FFT and you demonstrated the effect of electronic noise very well! I like your outside journey experiment!
This leads me to the following question:
You pointed out to me all the possible impacts of SPSU noise. And thanks for the attached article! I ordered immediately from bedside a set of ferrite beads  ;)
Yesterday I have done some first load tests with the dual voltage PSU with 1.25 A on both lines with resistor load. But I have to do further investigations, the chip on one
channel (the positive) run hot (around 100 degrees) the other kept cool. May be a wrong cabeling of me...

But you are right I have to consider the whole impact of external Laptop-PSU and internal switching regulators together with the additional C filtering on the FY-FG-board.

As discussed earlier it makes no sense to build the best noise (nearly) free PSU without thinking about the final result. (from my LF-investigations I learned
that also batteries have some chemical noise floor and that there are some better electronic regulations but this far away from our needs here)

And for this you have to do a defined and repeatable "before-after modification" test.
What do you think, how should be a setting for the measurement of the impact of an improved PSU with the FY-FG to get reliable and comparable results at the output?

Any helpful comment is appreceated!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:33:05 am by Bad_Driver »

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:30 am »
Hi .
When I said run the fan in reverse I did not mean reverse the voltage .
Just rotate the whole fan 180 deg so it sucks the air though the case and blows out from the back.
This will give uniformed cooling over the entire surface . Also open the side vents that are probably closed by the plastic molding
processing. ( Just one of my many degs in cooling Air flow and thermal transfer ) it will also drop the current drawn by the fan motor itself .
I was very impressed in your proto lay out pictures . I never liked the solder less boards . I always got more loose connections than
good  and contact noise . Maybe just me. Every one else seems to use them ok.
and the screening around each block . I am impressed  that sort of work has to be A++   ^-^
About the Blog ArthurDent wrote just search by name I think it was on about the 3 or 4 page in the search results 2yrs + back.
On my OCXO I have not connected the vco up yet. It has the pins but CTS data sheet say leave NC .
  I am not good on the vcocxo not one of my subjects . but the vco out on my one is showing 1.66v when floating .
  Its a 3.3v CTS 119 series and its a Sample model  ''Cheep'' .
 I just have to figure out how to correctly connect it . The only thing I found was written  putting 5k 15turn pot between
 the VCO and  Ref pin centre to the 5k pot and to ground on last pin of the pot . (voltage divider to ground)

RNS

:popcorn:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:13:23 am by Labrat101 »

Online Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2020, 10:49:49 am »
Thanks for your reply!

There is a misunderstanding. It's clear that I have to rotate the fan not the voltage! I'm only wondering about the impact on the PSU which is
now in the direct flow.

And the case of the 6900 seems to have better quality, the side vents are all open.

Because I used hot glue it should be not so hard to get the fan out. I had to buy 4 in a package at Amazon for 8€ .
So there are enough spare fans  :)

The following users thanked this post: Labrat101

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2020, 11:00:16 am »
if you have knowledge of the vc & ref  setup i would be interested in any info on this
as its not in my field . ^-^

it wont have any impact on your PSU other than it will be cooler hot air will be forced out .
and the cool air will flow over .
As you have it you are pushing the hot air from the PSU round the inside of the case heating other components
that were before cooler.
The air vents on the bottom sides should suck cool ambient air in  and the fan extracts hot air out which rises upwards .
the case will stay at ambient .
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:11:30 am by Labrat101 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf