Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 151356 times)

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2019, 07:10:09 am »
http://en.feelelec.com/    tons of chineeses  images links

This following description needs to be reworked, its incomplete and not professional at all

"FEELTECH is a professional industrial grade color LCD module and signal generator industrial product development, production, sales and technical services in one high-tech enterprises.Since its incept… "

incept  what ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"14bitx8192"  ??           "High cost"  tag image  ??   

Seriously    do a proper job in your adds, you dont understand the meaning of your writings  ....  your generators are not industrial grade at all.   They are hobbyist grade.  If they were, the schematics would at least be available under an non disclosure agreement, and parts should be orderable.

I see things like this ......       i'll never buy from you ???

The "see more" links  doesnt work

http://en.feeltech.net/html/Signal%20generator/show_16.html              404 error
http://en.feeltech.net/html/Signal%20generator/show_17.html              404 error

Dont want to be rude,  take your web site offline an redo your work, you're trying to be correct and your doing more harm to your "image (company name)"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:16:27 am by coromonadalix »

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2019, 07:16:10 am »
I'm very apologized to I added an extra point after the link. 

ALWAYS click the preview button and check if you post a link!
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 07:20:45 am »
Remove the dot (.) after the 6 and it works: http://en.feelelec.com/index.php?case=archive&act=list&catid=6
However, I do not see software.

Thank you, dear customers.
When you open the link, such as the 6800, you need to click the download the FY6800 User Guide. This user guide include the PC software.

If you also can't seen it, please feel free to contact us.

FeelElec

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2019, 07:40:21 am »
ALWAYS click the preview button and check if you post a link!

Ok, I will always click the preview button and check it after I reply customers.
Thank you very much.

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 07:56:00 am »
http://en.feelelec.com/    tons of chineeses  images links

This following description needs to be reworked, its incomplete and not professional at all

"FEELTECH is a professional industrial grade color LCD module and signal generator industrial product development, production, sales and technical services in one high-tech enterprises.Since its incept… "

incept  what ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"14bitx8192"  ??           "High cost"  tag image  ??   

Seriously    do a proper job in your adds, you dont understand the meaning of your writings  ....  your generators are not industrial grade at all.   They are hobbyist grade.  If they were, the schematics would at least be available under an non disclosure agreement, and parts should be orderable.

I see things like this ......       i'll never buy from you ???

The "see more" links  doesnt work

http://en.feeltech.net/html/Signal%20generator/show_16.html              404 error
http://en.feeltech.net/html/Signal%20generator/show_17.html              404 error

Dont want to be rude,  take your web site offline an redo your work, you're trying to be correct and your doing more harm to your "image (company name)"

Thanks for your suggestion, we will redo our English website.

FeelElec

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 08:41:28 am »
I'm native French  i could help with translation ??

When i go on Aliexpress, Bangood and others, i see tons of badly translated English or pseudo French descriptions, very annoying,   horribly used technical terms ...

I'm not perfect myself  loll  since i dont always catch English terms lol.

Like your description, it need a little re-doing

You see the "enter" tags after the texts ...  you need an good looking descrition sheet,  looks are important, we rely a lot on theses specs ...

keep the models infos/models width the same among all models ...

The display size  2.42.4   is wrong, i think you meant 2,4  inch  wide ??

Interface is not 115200, its serial, usb, lan (network), gpib, wi-fi, bluetooth  ...

Baud rate in serial port is : 115200   thats an huge difference

We have to decode what you mean ... with all the errors in the description

All small details are important, it define  how much you want to show your product, and describe it correctly,

Future buyers want to know or have the user manuals properly translated, software if any included or a link to download it ... acessories if any included ...  if you use some serial (scpi) protocols, have them properly defined and show examples how to do it .....  firmwares updates  if any and how to do it  ....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:08:48 am by coromonadalix »

Offline feeltechTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2019, 10:34:21 am »
I'm native French  i could help with translation ??

When i go on Aliexpress, Bangood and others, i see tons of badly translated English or pseudo French descriptions, very annoying,   horribly used technical terms ...

I'm not perfect myself  loll  since i dont always catch English terms lol.

Like your description, it need a little re-doing

You see the "enter" tags after the texts ...  you need an good looking descrition sheet,  looks are important, we rely a lot on theses specs ...

keep the models infos/models width the same among all models ...

The display size  2.42.4   is wrong, i think you meant 2,4  inch  wide ??

Interface is not 115200, its serial, usb, lan (network), gpib, wi-fi, bluetooth  ...

Baud rate in serial port is : 115200   thats an huge difference

We have to decode what you mean ... with all the errors in the description

All small details are important, it define  how much you want to show your product, and describe it correctly,

Future buyers want to know or have the user manuals properly translated, software if any included or a link to download it ... acessories if any included ...  if you use some serial (scpi) protocols, have them properly defined and show examples how to do it .....  firmwares updates  if any and how to do it  ....

Thanks for your suggestion, we have already post the new specification chart according to your request.We could provide more accurate descriptions in English in the future.
Hope you can still give us suggestions about the chart or another aspect.
We will record the operation video so that customers can see how the product works more intuitively. Then we plan build an independent English website to better serve global customers.

FeelElec
FeelTech-Professional signal generator and liquid crystal solution
Provide custom development services!
Invites all agents to join us.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 01:59:52 pm »
Feeltech - it seems you are genuinely trying to address a number of issues.  This is a good thing.

The road ahead will be difficult.  I wish you well.

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 07:48:17 pm »

As for question #3, I'm asking if the FY6900 has actually been delivered to your distributors yet.  Nobody seems to actually have any, although a lot of them claim to.

Yes they have been shipping, I got  mine from Banggood --> Kanadia about 10 day's ago. I verified it makes sine waves! and other stuff. I am so backed up with other problems right now I diddn't want to announce this as I know you guys are so hot and horny for inside pics and tests.
I was hoping someone else would take that burden. (embarrass icon here)

Hi, chickenHeadKnob

If you can find a few minutes of spare time, you might want to run the simple tests I described here:-

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fy6800-vs-fy6900/msg2556021/#msg2556021

Basically, it's a matter of choosing a "Golden Frequency" as far as producing a (4ns DAC clock period) jitter free square wave output is concerned (5MHz will do nicely - no need to use the frequencies I dialled in to demonstrate the limitations of the "Sync" function on frequency resolution >:D ).

I attached two low res movie files (320x240) to show my results. Don't bother downloading them; I posted higher res versions (640x480) a few posts further on if you want to compare results. This should confirm whether  the "MagicPulse Technology,Low Jitter(RMS)<200ps" feature to reduce or eliminate the 4ns DAC clock period jitter on square waves, listed for the FY6900 by FeelElec, is a real or imagined one.

The point being that the FY6900's manual makes no mention of it in the features list, nor in the specifications list as far as I was able to discern. It's only in the sellers' web sites sales blurb pages that this feature gets any mention.

Since this is such a radical improvement over the preceding models, it seems a very strange omission from the user guide/manual. Mind you, these manuals for the preceding models have said more than they should in claiming a non-existent 10Vpp limitation for sine and square waves in the 10 to 20MHz region so anything is possible, including this error being repeated in the FY6900 manual.

There is no 10Vpp limit for sine and square waves in the previous two models, only a 20Vpp limit from 1 microHertz to 20MHz inclusive with a jump straight to the 5Vpp limit thereafter. Certain other waveforms are curtailed by a 10Vpp limit but definitely not the sine and square waveforms in the case of the FY6600 and FY6800 models (and quite possibly the same applies to this new model despite what it says in its user guide/manual). The 20Vpp frequency range limit on sine and square waves at least, would also be worth making a quick test of if you still have a little more time to spare.  >:D

BTW, this the "embarrassed" icon you were searching for  :-[  I've had to use it a (mercifully) few times already since I joined the forum membership some eight months ago now.  ::)

JBG
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 08:10:04 pm by Johnny B Good »
John

Offline windsmurf

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 06:39:53 am »
I get 404 errors when I try to download the FY6800 user guide, on both the Google Drive as well as Local download links.... :--

The following users thanked this post: Roman oh

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2019, 06:55:33 am »
I get 404 errors when I try to download the FY6800 user guide, on both the Google Drive as well as Local download links.... :--

Confirmed, another fail  :palm:

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2019, 06:57:31 am »
Feeltech - it seems you are genuinely trying to address a number of issues.  This is a good thing.

The road ahead will be difficult.  I wish you well.

Thanks for your reply. In the future, we will refer to customers' suggestions and help them solve after-sales problems.

FeelElec

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2019, 07:04:03 am »

We are very sorry about it. Our staff will redo the website. Please use this Google Drive download documents. 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3N_NW8vylrmWU93b0EwRjhrQlE

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2019, 07:06:50 am »
Hi Feeltech

The link to the documentation and software works from Germany:

http://en.feelelec.com/index.php?case=archive&act=list&catid=6

In the page there one can found some links to things like:   FY6900 User Guide

The links point to a rar archive that contains FY6900 User Guide AND Software

So the quickest and cheapest way is to modify the page to page to say the right thing:  FY6900 User Guide and Software.

Also, for the forum members, do not try to be fluent in English, it is clear that whoever manages the Feeltech account now, it understands a bit of English but not exceedingly much. So try to keep the your sentences shot and to the point. I may know that I'm not the biggest fan of Chine technology but at least there seem to be a sliver of goodwill and things moving in the right direction and this should be encouraged.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2019, 07:08:09 am »

Sorry, dear customers. Please use the Google Drive download the documents. We will send the website link after we finish the website.

FeelElec

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2019, 07:10:09 am »

Sorry, dear customers. Please use the Google Drive download the documents. We will send the website link after we finish the website.

FeelElec

The FY8600 folder in there is EMPTY!

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2019, 08:29:15 am »
The FY6800 folder in there is EMPTY!

Please check it once again, we upgrade the documents.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3N_NW8vylrmWU93b0EwRjhrQlE

If also can't open it, please contact me in time.
My sincerest apologies。

FeelElec

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2019, 08:41:17 am »
Hi Feeltech

The link to the documentation and software works from Germany:

http://en.feelelec.com/index.php?case=archive&act=list&catid=6

In the page there one can found some links to things like:   FY6900 User Guide

The links point to a rar archive that contains FY6900 User Guide AND Software

So the quickest and cheapest way is to modify the page to page to say the right thing:  FY6900 User Guide and Software.

Also, for the forum members, do not try to be fluent in English, it is clear that whoever manages the Feeltech account now, it understands a bit of English but not exceedingly much. So try to keep the your sentences shot and to the point. I may know that I'm not the biggest fan of Chine technology but at least there seem to be a sliver of goodwill and things moving in the right direction and this should be encouraged.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Thanks for your suggestions, we will accept your suggestion when building the website.

FeelElec  :)

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 08:54:05 am »
2.  Can you tell us what changes have been made in the FY6900 other than the case?  Specifically, some resellers are advertising a feature called "Magic Pulse", which supposedly eliminates jitter in certain square waves.  Is this a real thing?

Dear Customers,
This video shows the magic pulse function:

FeelElec

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2019, 10:57:16 am »
"Magic Pulse" function works only for the rectangular waveform?

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2019, 11:37:11 am »
What's the video supposed to be showing. :-//
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, DuPe

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2019, 06:57:53 pm »
"Magic Pulse" function works only for the rectangular waveform?

Essentially, it only has to deal with sharp edged transients such as the square wave and its close cousins which contain an "instantaneous transition" between voltage levels (sawtooth and ramps etc). Sinusoidal waveforms are free of the 4ns DAC clock jitter that afflicted the square wave and its cousins in the previous FY6xxx models.

For anyone not fully acquainted with this issue in their FY6600 and FY6800 function generators, there's a simple test which neatly demonstrates the issue in slow motion (you need an oscilloscope of any type with at least a 15MHz bandwidth - single channel with an external trigger port will suffice at a minimum[1] if you don't have the more usual dual or quad channel DSO to hand).

Configure your function generator for 5MHz on both channels. Pick a convenient voltage level such as 5Vpp (2.5Vpp into 50 ohm load) and initially set both waveforms to square. Nominate one channel as your 'scope's trigger source and apply a 30mHz frequency offset[2] to the other channel and observe how it changes its phase displacement with respect to the triggering waveform (or slips past the triggering point if using a single channel 'scope triggered from an external trigger input signal set to precisely 5MHz).

Now go through each waveform type in turn on the channel with the 30mHz offset and observe its side slipping behaviour. You might want to create a table of your observations against each waveform type but that's optional. It shouldn't take too long to determine which waveform types slide smoothly past the trigger point and which slip past it in 4ns increments.

BTW, this was the test I'd rather hoped chickenheadknob would be able to try out with his newly acquired FY6900. I guess he really mustn't have any spare time after all. It's a pity because it would have proved a lot more enlightening than that rather cryptic youtube video demo just posted by FeelElec, supposedly demonstrating their "MagicPulse" technology.

Hopefully, you should find two zipped mkv movies attached to this post. I say hopefully since the posting of attachments interface seems to be rather flakey since they updated it just recently.

[EDIT] The bug persists! I'll send the missing attachment in my next post...

[1] You can even use an old boat anchor 'scope with as low a BW as 5MHz provided you use a frequency setting of 1.25MHz instead of the "Magic" 5MHz initially chosen for this test. Remember, you need a bandwidth of at least three times that of a square wave's fundamental frequency in order for the 'scope to display a reasonable facsimile of said square wave.

[2] The 30mHz offset was chosen to provide a strobing effect at a convenient rate of one jump every few seconds. A larger offset value will speed up the strobing effect - select a value that suits your taste. For sinusoidal waves, it will simply alter the speed at which these waveforms glide smoothly along the X axis.

JBG

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:00:20 pm by Johnny B Good »
John

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2019, 07:10:41 pm »
What's the video supposed to be showing. :-//

That's an interesting question. As is the usual with such 'promotional' videos, a complete lack of information on what frequency of square waves they are actually using for this demo. An audio commentary could have helped make up for the abysmal resolution chosen for this video.

Haven't these daft buggers at least heard of 720x576 if not the more appropriate 1280x720 and 1920x1080 resolutions to make up for the absence of a commentary track? You'd almost think they didn't want to give anything away in this video. >:(

Anyway, further to my previous posting, please find attached the second of my zipped mkv movie files that the kakamaimee eevblog posting UI managed to drop on the floor.

[EDIT] I see what they did! They (eevblog's ui) dropped my first attachment.  >:(  >:(  >:(

Ho hum, let's try sending the one they dropped...again!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

JBG
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:13:41 pm by Johnny B Good »
John

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2019, 07:15:13 pm »
The lost attachment!

JBG
John

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 07:32:42 pm »
Ok everyone!

It looks like both attachments finally made it into this topic thread for all to enjoy (and perhaps be inspired by). >:D

For those of you wondering just what use the ability to set a ten point something MHz frequency to a precision of μHz could possibly be, wonder no longer for I believe I've just demonstrated one effective use. :)

Admittedly at a three orders of magnitude less precision but I'm sure those with the patience to wait it out could test the μHz offset option to equal effect (take a snapshot to finally compare with 'the money shot' lest you forget what it started out as). >:D

JBG
John

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf