Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 151317 times)

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2019, 02:16:28 pm »
Is its working fine so far but we're basically in 2020, there's no such thing as "closed" products anymore nowadays....

Your evidence for this is what? Maybe your glasses are little too rose tinted!

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2019, 04:09:50 pm »
Is its working fine so far but we're basically in 2020, there's no such thing as "closed" products anymore nowadays....

Your evidence for this is what? Maybe your glasses are little too rose tinted!

Anyone who does not believe that obviously doesn't own any Apple products.

Offline v0ltair3

• Contributor
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2019, 04:32:43 pm »

I didn't meant "close product" in the sense that FeelElec shall provide open interfaces or opensource they software... but why shouldn't I be able to update my product to the latest revision ?

This is a brand new product, knowing from decades of experience that there's no such thing as perfect software (or firmware if you want), why the hell shouldn't they provide their latest versions ?

Event my toy oscilloscope (DSO150) offers firmware updates, is that too much of an ask ?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2019, 06:07:34 pm »
That's a valid point. With mechanical stuff we can't upgrade (unless we buy a new one) but then we don't need to - the kit usually works as it should because if it doesn't then it's not fit for purpose and we can get our money back. With software, however, it is rare that it is bug-free like hardware is, so it is generally sold incomplete. It's like buying, say, a food mixer with paddles made out of styrofoam. We assume that these bugs will be fixed (because they can be - it is only software) because if they couldn't then we would return it as faulty.

The other point to note is that firmware  updates happen a LOT faster than hardware updates. Why would I buy one this week when I know that next month a newer and far better one will be on the market at the same price (or, as is often the case, cheaper)?

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2019, 12:28:27 am »

I did send and email with Photo's to your support and never got any reply . Banggood did give me a small refund to cover some cost of repair $10 . I spent over $60 to get working So SO.

Dear Customer,
I'm very sorry perhaps I didn't receive your email. Can you tell me your email address?

FeelElec

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2019, 12:32:54 am »
I am looking to buy an FY6900 60M, but only if it has a predictable and stable amplitude setting up to about 20MHz.
Can you publish amplitude vs frequency specs for the 6900? Specifically, I am looking for better than +-0.2dB at 1kHz vs 10MHz and beyond.
enut11

Dear Customer,
Our FY6900 is can be do it. Can you tell me your email? I could send you the user manual by email.

FeelElec

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2019, 12:41:03 am »
Dear FeelElec,

Are you stating that I bought a brick ? Is its working fine so far but we're basically in 2020, there's no such thing as "closed" products anymore nowadays.... for sure there will be needed fixes in the coming revisions... for example, whats new in the rev 1.3 ??

How come you don't publish the binaries ?

How can I upgrade my firmware and or fix any bug in the near future ?

Dear Customer,
Our latest version is 1.3, and 1.3 supports online upgrade. Now that you have the latest version, you do not need to upgrade. If you want to upgrade version 1.2, we need to mail you the chip. If the latest version is released and needs to be upgraded online, we will send the upgrade package to the customer, and will not release binaries.

FeelElec

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2019, 12:42:38 am »

I didn't meant "close product" in the sense that FeelElec shall provide open interfaces or opensource they software... but why shouldn't I be able to update my product to the latest revision ?

This is a brand new product, knowing from decades of experience that there's no such thing as perfect software (or firmware if you want), why the hell shouldn't they provide their latest versions ?

Event my toy oscilloscope (DSO150) offers firmware updates, is that too much of an ask ?

Dear Customer,
Our product can be upgrade latest version.

FeelElec

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2019, 05:41:55 pm »

Dear Customer,
Our product can be upgrade latest version.

FeelElec

Great to hear! Can you please tell us by which process we can update our firmware to the latest version?

Offline ishergin

« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2019, 06:11:42 pm »
Hello!

I've received FY6900 PC Software v 6.5 from my seller. Application offers to update firmware my FY6900 from v1.3 up to v1.4. Could I see changelog?

The following users thanked this post: thomastheo

Offline Clarmrrsn

• Contributor
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2019, 11:04:04 am »
Does anyone know if there are any EU stockists of the FY-6900?

A few ebay listings say they are in London, but I suspect that is a crock.

Looking for my first signal gen and this looks like a good candidate.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2019, 11:35:22 am »
Does anyone know if there are any EU stockists of the FY-6900?

A few ebay listings say they are in London, but I suspect that is a crock.

Looking for my first signal gen and this looks like a good candidate.

I doubt the product is in London too, however I did two orders for the FY-6900 with seller ”industproduct”, one took 5 days elapsed, the other 7. I’d guess he product is in Hong Kong or China, and they bulk ship a number of products on a single consignment, and redistribute items once in the UK.

The example attached was ordered on 22nd August and arrived on 27th.

Offline Clarmrrsn

• Contributor
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2019, 01:43:28 pm »
Thank you

None in stock from that seller just now, but I suspect this is the same seller, that old trick of more than one ebay account that they all seem to pull.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123968464157

Offline FeelElec

• Contributor
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2019, 02:20:43 am »
Hello!

I've received FY6900 PC Software v 6.5 from my seller. Application offers to update firmware my FY6900 from v1.3 up to v1.4. Could I see changelog?

Dear customer,
At present, the latest version of our device is 1.3, and we do not have 1.4. I've confirmed with our technicians that it's just a tip.

FeelElec

The following users thanked this post: ishergin

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2019, 12:58:53 pm »
Hello!

Dear customer,
At present, the latest version of our device is 1.3, and we do not have 1.4. I've confirmed with our technicians that it's just a tip.

FeelElec

Could you please tell us where to download this version 6.5 of the PC software, so we can update our signal generators to the latest firmware? Your website still only offers version 6.3 of the software.

Offline ishergin

« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2019, 01:06:25 pm »
I opened dispute on Aliexpress with problem's desctiption (about invalid amplitude value with 50 Ohm load and jitter), after that seller sent me PC software with firmware. I haven't tried update firmware yet  :)

Offline Clarmrrsn

• Contributor
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2019, 10:27:02 am »
Be careful if buying FY6900 on Ebay (As Always)

As I suspected the seller I ordered from as above is full of it, dispatched on monday and tracking still has not updated.  Says "In transit to Yodel". Yet seller insists it is shipped from uk!!!   (Maybe they are walking it from London to Falkirk)

Can get no information from the seller, I would be better speaking to the next door neighbours dog and asking him where my parcel is.

Typical Chinese Ebay seller.

Unfortunately though it looked the best option at the time.

Offline v0ltair3

• Contributor
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2019, 11:56:35 am »
Just ensure you know the revision number before purchasing it, 1.2 and before can't have software upgrades, that "feature" :palm:  was only released in 1.3 

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2019, 05:40:20 pm »
Just ensure you know the revision number before purchasing it, 1.2 and before can't have software upgrades, that "feature" :palm:  was only released in 1.3

Where did you hear this? If true, that's just really really shitty.

Offline enut11

• Frequent Contributor
  • Love building/modifying/restoring test equipment
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2019, 07:15:10 am »

"I am looking to buy an FY6900 60M, but only if it has a predictable and stable amplitude up to about 20MHz.
Can you publish amplitude vs frequency specs for the 6900? Specifically, I am looking for better than +-0.2dB at 1kHz vs 10MHz and beyond.
enut11"

Dear Customer,
Our FY6900 is can be do it. Can you tell me your email? I could send you the user manual by email.

FeelElec

Hi @FeelElec
I have sent you a Personal Message with my email address.
enut11
an electronics nut from wayback...

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2019, 11:01:20 am »
It's more like you are expecting a Leopard to change it's spots expecting actual and credible customer service from Feeltech/Feelelec

All I see here is attempts at platitudes and more of the same 'support' as in the past.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline v0ltair3

• Contributor
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2019, 11:05:32 am »

Where did you hear this? If true, that's just really really shitty.

Look a few post above... It was confirmed directly by sales support as well... I ended up selling mine, otherwise I would be stucked to a brick

The following users thanked this post: thomastheo

Offline Clarmrrsn

• Contributor
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2019, 12:07:43 pm »
Be careful if buying FY6900 on Ebay (As Always)

As I suspected the seller I ordered from as above is full of it, dispatched on monday and tracking still has not updated.  Says "In transit to Yodel". Yet seller insists it is shipped from uk!!!   (Maybe they are walking it from London to Falkirk)

Can get no information from the seller, I would be better speaking to the next door neighbours dog and asking him where my parcel is.

Typical Chinese Ebay seller.

Unfortunately though it looked the best option at the time.

Well ill be a monkeys uncle.

It has turned up at Yodel Livingston depot at 7am this morning (On a Sunday.......really??)

I suspect they did indeed get some poor soul to walk from London to Livingston, they must have walked non stop for 6 days and have blisters the size of golf balls.  :-DD

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2019, 07:53:05 pm »

Look a few post above... It was confirmed directly by sales support as well... I ended up selling mine, otherwise I would be stucked to a brick

Thanks, apparently I just read over that. What a crock, honestly. Feelelec shoud ship microcontrollers with updated firmware to everyone who bought a unit with version 1.2 and below, because this is just no way to treat your customers.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 08:06:05 pm by thomastheo »

Offline v0ltair3

• Contributor
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2019, 09:45:41 pm »
If you contact them, they will...

You need to pay for the shipping and resolder it yourself. As I don't have the proper tools for doing it, I would have to pay for the shipping plus finding someone that would offer that service and pay for it anyway... So I sold it ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf