Author Topic: Small form factor lithium polymer battery  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Reminx123Topic starter

• Contributor
Small form factor lithium polymer battery
« on: June 16, 2021, 12:10:26 am »
Hi all,

I am recently looking for a really small form factor lithium polymer battery. The wanted size is super compact: 10mm x 11mm x 3mm, the reason is that it has to be fitted into a tiny wearable device.
I started with Jauch but although they have the battery published on the website the MOQ is around 1000 pcs (the dodgy thing is that they do not tell you in advance...) so I gave up.
I would keep the "Shenzhen" brand as my last choice as they can show inconsistent quality, anyone as a good brand to suggest? I would order 5-10 pcs for proto and around 100pcs/year

Ciao rom Italy
Reminx

Offline ChristopherN

• Supporter
    • app22 UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Re: Small form factor lithium polymer battery
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:10:12 am »
Hi Reminx,

you could try your luck with Renata (https://www.renata.com/industrial-products/). They offer custom solutions, but the prices are nothing like you can get in Shenzhen ;)

BR

Christopher

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 07:04:10 pm »
Hi Cristopher,

Thanks, I checked but they do not have such small size. Minimum size is 10.20mm x 19mm, almost double the length I need.

Reminx

Offline Phoyle

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 01:09:45 am »
I am recently looking for a really small form factor lithium polymer battery. The wanted size is super compact: 10mm x 11mm x 3mm, the reason is that it has to be fitted into a tiny wearable device.
I started with Jauch but although they have the battery published on the website the MOQ is around 1000 pcs (the dodgy thing is that they do not tell you in advance...) so I gave up.
I would keep the "Shenzhen" brand as my last choice as they can show inconsistent quality, anyone as a good brand to suggest? I would order 5-10 pcs for proto and around 100pcs/year

What about something from AdaFruit, DigiKey or Mouser Electronics?
https://www.adafruit.com/?q=Lithium+Ion+Polymer&sort=BestMatch
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/batteries-rechargeable-secondary/91?s=N4IgTCBcDaIDYEsAuALBBXAtgAgA4Hs4BPTAUwCcQBdAXyA
https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=lithium+polymer

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 03:49:36 am »
Have a look at your local indoor R/C flyers or shops (in particular for your prototypes). 30mAh in your form factor are fairly common as it a longer skinnier option. What you will get back is better than swill performance otherwise they won't deliver the generally 5-10C+ discharge used, fairly normal to see them rated at 20C even in this size.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Anders Petersson

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 08:33:53 pm »
These perhaps: http://www.thin-battery.com/
I've been in contact with them but haven't purchased so I can't speak for the quality.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 09:10:07 am »
Hi All,

I am sorry for late reply. Here you have my feedback after some research. Companies like Murata, Nichicon and Renata, after a request and a few e-mail exchange has sent samples (Murata n.10 CT04120, Nichicon n.10 SLB03070LR35, Renata n.5 ICP341018PM) that I am right now testing. NGK was not able to send the samples, they (apparently) do not have distributors in Europe. Jauch, was first enquired using their website: no reply at all. Then after many unreplied e-mails and after I send my company documents they just said (through the Italian distributor) that the cell was not on stock, MOQ=1000pcs. Definitely, bad customer support and wrong information on the website)
Chinese company like Lipol, has send a silly offer asking for 15USD/pcs + 68USD for shipping. That means that 10pcs = 218USD delivered  :-DD
@Christopher: your suggestion was good! BTW Renata send the smallest battery they have on stock, most probably it will not fit my design but I will be able to test it. Then I will take my decision for MOQ and correct size.
@Phoyle: thanks for your links:
- Adafruit: battery too large for my needs
- Digikey: battery too large for my needs, they sell the products in Italy
- Mouser: battery too large for my needs, Renata products (that shows up during the search) and other ones will not be sold by Mouser in my region (Italy)...
@beanflying: good suggestion. But before I started searching R/C enthusiasts I got the free samples from the above.
@Petersson: i mailed them today, let's wait a few days for the feedback.

As soon as I will complete the testing I will send a simple report.

Thanks
Reminx

Offline Anders Petersson

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 08:11:07 pm »
Thanks, will be interesting to see how it works out for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf