Author Topic: SmallSMT PNP adventure, learning and documenting  (Read 29566 times)

Offline revenue_controlsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Re: SmallSMT PNP adventure, learning and documenting
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2019, 08:17:45 pm »
Its actually good old American capitalism at work, I saw an opportunity and am taking it. Its a great product, it just needs US support.
I really had no intention  to start another company. My existing business is doing very well.
The comment about my son figuring out the software/machine is just a proud father bragging. If you have a son you may know this feeling.
It was my mistake to not factor in the tariffs when making my decision to purchase the machine but in retrospect the machine still cost me less then a US made machine of the same class. I did want to buy from a US manufacture (if you knew me you would know this to be true, just check out my website) but the pickings were slim and from what I was able to compare , the smallSMT machine is better in construction, capabilities and price. my machine can place a 10mm part passing over another 10mm part. Please let me know if this a a common feature of a $10k machine? This plus the savings that the push feeders offer (don't need to buy cartage feeders) make this a great product for the US market. I just took the opportunity to get involved with selling it.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:06:27 pm by revenue_controls »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2019, 08:23:28 pm »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:39:43 am by Simon »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2019, 08:34:22 pm »
If you check out my website, you will see what I have to offer, in terms of service and support to the PnP machine/equipment industry in the US. We answer the phone virtually 24 hours a day! Every day! "Just call us". How quickly does your manufactures rep take to respond to you?

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2019, 08:43:46 pm »
I really had no intention  to start another company. [...]

Well, we won't be able to disprove that. But the set of clues Koen has listed is quite consistent and convincing. I would say that registering a new account just for the purpose of documenting your "personal" experience with the machine is a strong indicator of your intent, with hindsight.

With your most recent posts you are not making things better, and I don't think they are adequate. Plain old advertising does not belong in this section of the forum. I would encourage you to remove those last posts.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2019, 08:51:22 pm »
WE are taking orders now...

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2019, 08:56:03 pm »
I get it, the forum is only for complaining. Lets not solve anything.

Im offering a solution to the American PnP market place from a grass-root user experience.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2019, 09:01:08 pm »
I think this information is what this forum/community needs. Unless you would like to continue to listen to other characters on this site complain about everything.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2019, 09:03:45 pm »
I have reported this thread and will let the moderators decide. This is not about "complaining vs. solutions", but about your blunt advertising. There is a place for that in the EEVblog forum, but it is not in this section.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:12:41 pm by ebastler »

The following users thanked this post: Kean

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2019, 09:12:29 pm »
I really had no intention  to start another company. [...]

I would say that registering a new account just for the purpose of documenting your "personal" experience with the machine is a strong indicator of your intent, with hindsight.

To be perfectly honest, The reason I registering a new account and made my initial post was just for the fun of it, for something to do. I just wanted to play with the machine and make videos of it. That's it. I only told my wife that I "needed" the machine for production. The real reason was I needed a new toy. There is no conspiracy going on here.

So then, when the opportunity presented itself to sell the machines I took it. Now this will keep be busy playing with electro-machinical machines for the next 10-20 years. Sounds like fun to me... So my initial plan has worked out great.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:09:39 pm by revenue_controls »

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2019, 09:14:46 pm »
I have reported this thread and will let the moderators decide. This is not about "complaining vs. solutions", but about your blunt advertising. There is a place for that in the EEVblog forum, but it is not in this section.

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

The following users thanked this post: OwO

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2019, 09:16:25 pm »
Would you like to buy a machine before I go?

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2019, 09:33:48 pm »
A bit harsh to accuse someone without hard evidence ?
It could also have turned in a "bash" the machine topic if there had been many errors or faults in the machine.
Clearly he is a happy customer that just sees an opportunity, nothing wrong with that IMO.

The following users thanked this post: OwO

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2019, 09:40:27 pm »
Thank you, that's exactly it.

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2019, 09:58:17 pm »
You should ask Dave about advertising on the forum, on the banner at the top. It would support the forum, your future clients, prove your seriousness, introduce your company and bring you much advertisement. This is the type of mutually supportive can-do attitude this forum thrives on.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2019, 10:43:57 pm »
that sounds like a great Idea, thanks.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2019, 05:02:35 am »

At the parties I go to, we don't have guests who invite themselves to sell their stuff.  :P

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2019, 07:34:23 am »
Revenue, are you going to be distributing these machines in the USA?
Sure I had disagreements with mrpackethead over this but I have to concede that he knew it all along.

The leaks coming out of china are probably the biggest problem for SmallSMT at the moment.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2019, 07:36:01 am »

At the parties I go to, we don't have guests who invite themselves to sell their stuff.  :P

I really don't know your problem but I believe you don't have friends too ;)

Steve bought the machine first and didn't expect to become a reseller when he started posting in this forum.
After some time we discussed about this topic and we start planning to use resellers in different countrys.
This started excactly after our SMTConnect exhibition.

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2019, 07:37:15 am »
Sure I had disagreements with mrpackethead over this but I have to concede that he knew it all along.

The leaks coming out of china are probably the biggest problem for SmallSMT at the moment.

My problems mostly based on healthyness

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2019, 07:42:14 am »

My problems mostly based on healthyness

Next reseller will be in Australia.   

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2019, 07:45:42 am »
No next reseller will be in Italy and Brazil plus France.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2019, 08:18:54 am »
oK. whatever you say. China says Oz.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2019, 08:48:39 am »

OK, OK, cool it. It's evident that you were encouraged to post here, or it's one hell of a coincidence. I have not read the entire thing but glanced through every page and the story is clear. The thread is informative so I will leave it. There has been much discussion on here about this machine and the aftersales support and i think we are all sick of hearing about this particular machines controversy. You have said what you wanted to say and now is a good time to quite this discussion while you are slighly ahead before your exchange of insults reveals you to be the middleman that no one will want to deal with!

I'll also move this to the buy/sell section where it now belongs. Anyone wanting one can contact you. If you want to continue advertising then i suggest you contact Dave and discuss. If yau want to talk about anything else (electronic related) feel free.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, mrpackethead, ebastler

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf