Author Topic: Special Offer to EEVblog Forum Members  (Read 19835 times)

Offline Trisc

Re: Special Offer to EEVblog Forum Members
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2018, 01:22:28 pm »
Hey guys

Has the offer finished?
I was hoping to get hold of a pro pack.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it hasn't blown up at some stage during development, you're doing it wrong.
Dream big, think big, stick at it & youll achieve greatness.... one day....

Offline jack-daniels

• Contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2018, 01:44:03 pm »
Hey guys

Has the offer finished?
I was hoping to get hold of a pro pack.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still working. Use the code "EEVBLOG20".

Offline Jon.C

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2018, 09:17:00 am »
@PeakAtlas

Received, all perfect !!!

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2018, 05:37:34 am »
Going off topic & following up on the suggestion that Peak may see my message here... (i hope that's OK). iI,ve made a call-out for assistance with my LCR40. This is a bit of a repost therefore, so apologies if it's out of order to do so...

I've directly invested over the years in all of Peak's test units (but not their Ethernet unit as yet) including a lot of spare, various interconnects etc (i endorse them as being of quite a reasonable quality).

I admit the units don't get a lot of use but they are damn handy when yuh need 'em!

Recently went to use the LCR40 and noted the LCD wasn't looking too happy as if contrast has shifted. The unit appears to be operating OK but it can be a bit hard to read that display sometimes especially if i'm doing a multiple run on some parts during a measuring session and its not set on a perfect angle in incident lighting.

I have the LCR45 to hand of course so not a huge issue with things but i'd like to sort the LCR40.

I acknowledge that Peak offer a set service-repair but since i'm in New Zealand i'm just wondering if there's anyone else who has seen such an issue before i commit to sending the unit across the other side the world for something that's kind of trivial....

The unit  boot message: @ R3.02 #59975 Cal due Oct 2012.

Offline PeakAtlasTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Peak Electronic Design Ltd, UK.
    • Peak Electronic Design Ltd - Homepage
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2018, 10:47:37 am »
Hi Pete,

Sorry I hadn't seen your posts before, I'm not always here, but pop in every now and then.

Yes, we've seen this issue on some of our LCD modules before, in fairly small numbers thankfully, but it is certainly a known problem that our LCD supplier have acknowledged.

Although your LCR is out of it's 2 year warranty period, we're happy to sort out the rectification of this free of charge.

If you wish, you can send your LCR40 to us here in the UK, or if you prefer, we can send you a replacement LCD module (if that's the case them please PM me your postal address).

If you do wish to send your LCR40 to us then please ensure that the outside of the package is clearly marked with "Inward Processing Relief - Item return to factory for repair" to help reduce the possibility of it attracting duty charges. Our address is as follows:

Repairs Dept - Peak Electronic Design Ltd
Atlas House, 2 Kiln Lane,
Harpur Hill Business Park
Buxton, Derbyshire
SK17 9JL, UK

I hope that helps you. Let me know if you have any further queries.

All the best,

Jez

The following users thanked this post: peteb2

Offline arunas500

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2018, 07:13:06 pm »
Hello,

I use ATLAS ESR70 and I am very happy about this device. I mainly use this for Piezo Injectors capacitance check. Your device works at 100 KHZ. For my work I only need 1 KHZ. Is there a possibility to change the frequency at this device?

Thank you, Arunas

Offline matseng

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Github
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2018, 06:49:32 pm »
I just ordered a LRC45 using the discount code, it covered the upgrade to courier shipping and a bit more.  Nice!

Offline EinErik

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2018, 01:28:36 pm »
Hello folks,

I just tried to buy DCA75 pro, but I found the discount code is no more valid, is this real? :palm:

By the way, dear PeakAtlas, may I ask what is the difference between certificated version and normal version?
Specifically, what calibrations have been performed?

Thanks!

Offline MrElectric

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2019, 10:19:23 am »
Just recently started repairing electronics again, after 20+ years of doing other things. I did it to repair some failed electronics I own. But my interest got peaked again, so I decided to get into this again. A couple of days ago, I happened to find the test equipment DCA55 and ESR70.

Having found this thread, I had a look at peakelec.co.uk and was going to order both the DCA55, ESR70 and the LCR40, but, unfortunately, I can confirm that the coupon code does not work anymore.

Now that I'm not in a hurry to order before the discount code expires, I need to think a bit more. I would really have use of the ESR70 to test capacitors. The other two would be fun to have, but not sure how much I really need them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:22:05 am by MrElectric »

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2019, 04:39:09 am »
Revive an old post to try to reach Mr Peak Atlas.  Last round of the promo, I bought an SCR tester.
Time to buy a few more Peak testers if there is a good deal.  Looking at DCA75 and ESR70.  I am using alternatives now.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2019, 12:06:44 pm »
Send him a PM. He is a really nice chap and I feel sure he will help you :)

If you write to Jez via the Peak web site, it will likely get to him as well :)

I just purchased a used Atlas SCR tester Mk2 on eBay. I could not justify a buying a new one but £35 was great for such a unit. I already own the DCA75 and ESR70. Both are excellent units and well worth having  :-+

Fraser

Contact Details for Peak.....

Postal Address:
Peak Electronic Design Ltd
Atlas House, 2 Kiln Lane
Harpur Hill Business Park
Buxton, Derbyshire
SK17 9JL
United Kingdom

Telephone:
Within UK: 01298 70012
International: 44 1298 70012

Sales: sales@peakelec.co.uk
Accounts: accounts@peakelec.co.uk
Technical Support: technical@peakelec.co.uk
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:14:16 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline wnorcott

• Regular Contributor
  • I like making projects with the ESP32
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2019, 04:00:58 pm »
Buying merchandise for export to the US do they waive the value added tax? For example LCR40  price says £86.10  (£71.75 ex VAT)
On very rare occasions, you might notice an odor or see a puff of smoke or sparks vent from your product.

Offline PeakAtlasTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Peak Electronic Design Ltd, UK.
    • Peak Electronic Design Ltd - Homepage
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2020, 09:29:21 am »
Just a quick message to say that this discount code has been renewed and is now active.

For 20% discount on any orders of £30 or more, use the code EEVBLOG20 during checkout.

To make sure you get the opportunity to enter the code, don't use the "Checkout with PayPal" button. You can still select PayPal later on for your payment method :)

Please note that worlwide postal systems are currently very slow, the UK is particularly bad at the moment. All international parcels are sent by Insured Airmail, but that doesn't guarantee a delivery timescale. All UK parcels are insured too, again times are very variable. We do however aim to despatch all orders within 1 working day.

Orders can be placed here https://www.peakelec.co.uk

Don't hesitate to contact me using the email address on our Contact page on our website if you have any questions at all.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year all  :)

Jez

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, Gyro, jack-daniels, AVGresponding

Offline cowasaki

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2021, 10:20:56 am »
These Peak testers are great and they have a brilliant RTB out of warranty repair service.  I was fixing an amp and the device stopped working.  Obviously some residual voltage in a cap so my fault but they have this RTB warranty where you just send it back and they repair it for a quite reasonable FIXED fee of £14-33 (less the discount!).  They can also supply replacement cases/leads/fronts etc at the same time.  The unit comes back calibrated (no cert) and updated.

I like them so much I have designed a wall bracket to store them.  It is available on THINGYVERSE and there are brackets for TWO or FOUR Atlas devices so you can arrange them however best fits your workshop.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/peak-atlas-wall-brackets/new/#new.   EEVBLOG forum thread

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4741886    THINGYVERSE POST

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:03:48 pm by cowasaki »

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, neslekkim, Tom45, jack-daniels

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2021, 04:40:18 pm »
They are a great company with old fashioned values who believe in supporting their customers and charging a fair price  :-+ These are the sort of people and companies we need in the marketplace. Top notch  :-+

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: jack-daniels

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf