General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

Take care the Ebay scammer, RS FSP-38 40GHz Spectrum Analyzer only 3900 USD

(1/4) > >>

testpoint1:
every week, the scammer will hack several ebay account, then on Friday afternoon list the very low price, then deleted them on Saturday, this week, the shop is:
https://www.ebay.com/str/follyhomeandfabric

if you try to contect them, the email is: sales@XXXXXXX.top, then it will give an ebay address for your payment, actually, an hide hyperlink link to the "ebay address", that will direct you to fake Ebay web site, THAT IS A FAKE EBAY ADDRESS! when you paid, just cry.

the scammer appear in ebay every Friday, they copied many shop's listing picture, also include my shop.

Kean:
People like me report these listings, and they get removed by ebay.  Soon afterwards the hacked shop gets cleaned up.  I doubt the scammer is the one deleting them.

When I see one of these come up in my searches, I report the listing for "Listing practices", "Avoiding eBay fees", "Offers outside of eBay" - or similar choices.

Runco990:
Oh yes, the "one dollar scammer" as I call him.  I also report him every time I see him.

I am honestly baffled that anyone falls for this!  Really????   :palm:

Kean:
I find it amazing that eBay have not bothered to set up an automated process to detect listing with contact details within images.
It is against their policies after all.

thm_w:

--- Quote from: Kean on January 26, 2024, 10:05:03 pm ---I find it amazing that eBay have not bothered to set up an automated process to detect listing with contact details within images.
It is against their policies after all.

--- End quote ---

They even warn you about doing it in their mail system.
Maybe one or two decent software engineers could set up a program to scan images for obvious email addresses like this one. Though they just fired 1,000 people so unlikely it will happen any time soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version