Author Topic: Tektronix TDS220 100MHz - 2 channel oscilloscope for sale  (Read 12497 times)

Alex

Tektronix TDS220 100MHz - 2 channel oscilloscope for sale
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »
Sparkling clean and well looked after. Comes with two brand new Tektronix probes and FFT module.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140516208165&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

5% discount to established EEVblog forum members (if I like you).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:18:45 pm by Alex »

Offline Polossatik

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Tektronix TDS220 100MHz - 2 channel oscilloscope for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:46:01 pm »
I like it (scope and discount), but don't need it  (the scope) ;D

good luck with the sale!
Real Circuit design time in minutes= (2 + Nscopes) Testim + (40 +120 Kbrewski) Nfriends

Testim = estimated time in minutes Nscopes= number of oscilloscopes present Kbrewski = linear approx of the nonlinear beer effect Nfriends = number of circuit design friends present

Alex

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:51:59 pm »
Thanks, always sad to see a good scope go. Need to keep Dave happy for a rainy day ;-)

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:48:47 pm »
I'm curious to see how this pans out.  Your ebay post is superb, all you need to know to know its in fine shape.
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Alex

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »
Thanks, I am always trying to get good pictures and provide key information. Kind of being in the buyer's shoes.

Ebay is a funny place, you will sometimes get auctions with prices 3x the retail price and other times 1/100th of the retail price if the seller has no clue.
Problem is, you dont have many areas to compete on apart from price. A TDS220 is a TDS220. You can sort the results by ascending price so its very easy to find the cheapest. This one is well looked after but not everyone cares.

I had sold a FLUKE 196B a year ago, I got it from the US very cheaply from a guy that somehow had 10 brand new unopened scopemeters in soft carrying bags.

I then put it on ebay for £400 starting price (costs more than £1500) and it was effectively new. It sold for £700, about what I had paid for in the first place. Here is a tip, when starting an auction dont be tempted to lower the starting price to 'give-away' levels to attract viewers. Buyers wait for the last moment to bid and the auction ends before everyone has a chance to place their highest bids.

And dont get me started on seller fees...

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:47 pm »
good offer. if i dont own a dso yet, i'll sure to get this... at the start bid price.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 08:39:02 pm »
I always host the pictures myself and put them in the description as HTML tags, not using Ebay ridiculous and expensive extra photo option. The so called "large" photo option they give you is pathetically small, and they have the hide to charge you for it!

Dave.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 08:45:04 pm »
Thanks Dave. This is the standard size. I really cant be bothered for $3 or whatever it is. Maybe if I was having a better week I would.

Alex

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »
Got to love and hate ebay, everyone interested in bidding thinks he/she is the only one. lol

35 'watchers', 0 bids, 3d 15h to go.

There is quite some interest in the FFT capability, I have been receiving emails to sell just the FFT module.

By the way, if someone from this board goes for this, PM me on here your paypal email address.

Alex

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 12:14:00 pm »
If the ebay member starting with christian is a member here plz PM me now with your full ebay username and paypal address.

Offline Franki

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »
good scope, except the sample storage memory is to small by an order of magnitude for me

Offline FreeThinker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 12:59:04 pm »
Sold almost exactly the same unit about 3 yrs ago. Went for over £500. Very nice piece of kit but surplus to requirements at the time. As they say quality sells so good luck.
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

Alex

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »
It's the bloody Rigol and Owon stealing my revenue! lol

Well, I am happy, you can always count on a quality brand name scope to maintain its value.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »
The time tested way to spend the least on eBay is bid at the last minute, and with a high opening bid price, you limit your audience.  Leaving an auction on for a long time gets a lot of eyeballs on it, but only novices will bid on it at any time.  Congratulations, it sold for slightly more than your base price.

Got to love and hate ebay, everyone interested in bidding thinks he/she is the only one. lol

35 'watchers', 0 bids, 3d 15h to go.

There is quite some interest in the FFT capability, I have been receiving emails to sell just the FFT module.

By the way, if someone from this board goes for this, PM me on here your paypal email address.
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Alex

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »
I was bitten in the past with a 196B by a low starting price. Because people bid the very last 10 seconds as you say, there just isnt enough time for the price to go up.

Leaving it on for longer makes sense, more chances of people finding it. In terms of watchers you get a spike when you first post it due to those having saved searches for tek scopes. Then there is a very slow steady increase in watchers followed by another spike by those that are looking for a scope fast and those that feel that the final price will be low as it has not received any bids yet.

There were about 50 watchers at the end.

Offline FreeThinker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 01:24:24 pm »
What really boils my blood are sellers who start a auction at a low price but put on a high reserve, I just don't get it. Either start it at your lowest selling price or take your chance with a low starting price to attract bidders. You cannot have both.
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

Alex

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »
It's silly as putting a reserve significantly increases the ebay fees you have to pay. Maybe a feature for new ebayers.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »
What really boils my blood are sellers who start a auction at a low price but put on a high reserve
imho, it gives freedom to seller to accept or not the highest bid, even if its well below the reserved price. but i never got the experience, they are just a bunch of stupid sellers.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf