Author Topic: UK Beckman/Sperry SP-352 GDT Panaplex type displays for sale SOLD OUT  (Read 2735 times)

Offline AVGrespondingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
Got a bunch of these, listing them on the bay of evil too, but will give preferential terms for EEVBlog members in good standing.

They are a 2-digit 7-segment + dp display, the datasheet is available here, amongst other places.

These are NOS, never soldered, tested working.

This is the fleabay listing, for pics and description porpoises:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325857297123

PM me if interested.

EDIT: Swapped fleabay link to a current one
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 12:32:36 pm by AVGresponding »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

• Super Contributor
Re: UK Beckman/Sperry SP-352 GDT Panaplex type displays for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 04:06:31 pm »
These are still available.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 04:23:00 pm »
they are sold, pls change your thread title ..

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 05:25:56 pm »
The auction for 2 is over, but he said he has a bunch in the listing here so maybe there are more to be had. Wrong side of the pond for me, as usual :)

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 05:45:24 pm »
My understanding is he has quite a few more. It is worth noting that he is testing them and, I believe, discarding any with poor "filaments".

Every other Friday Fleabay here gives 80% off the selling tribute costs, provided you list items within 3 days. He would be silly not to wait for the next one of those to materialise.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 05:30:53 am »
The auction for 2 is over, but he said he has a bunch in the listing here so maybe there are more to be had. Wrong side of the pond for me, as usual :)

PM me; I have no intention of jumping through ebay international hoops, but am quite happy to sell to EEVBlog members wherever they are.

My understanding is he has quite a few more. It is worth noting that he is testing them and, I believe, discarding any with poor "filaments".

Every other Friday Fleabay here gives 80% off the selling tribute costs, provided you list items within 3 days. He would be silly not to wait for the next one of those to materialise.

Just so, thanks tggzzz. Perhaps I should have been more specific than just saying "I have a bunch" and the ebay listing is for "pics and description".

Just to be 100% clear, I have a considerable number of these, and yes, I am testing them and setting aside the ones that have even the smallest degree of cathode poisoning for attempted reconditioning and personal projects, so all the ones I sell here, on ebay, or anywhere else, will be tested as working perfectly. I will sell them here at slightly less than the ebay opening bid price, but only to members in good standing, and not in bulk to a trader.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 08:53:13 am »
I have no intention of jumping through ebay international hoops,

I haven't had any problems (yet!) with fleabay's GSP. The whole point of that is that fleabay takes care of the unpleasantness, and I'm happy for purchasers to pay more for that.

Not sure about their eIS, though. Seems like it might introduce too many uncertainties for the purchaser, e.g. whether they have to pay tax on delivery.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

Offline eplpwr

• Regular Contributor
  • Junior VoltNut
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 07:19:30 pm »
I haven't had any problems (yet!) with fleabay's GSP. The whole point of that is that fleabay takes care of the unpleasantness, and I'm happy for purchasers to pay more for that.

Not sure about their eIS, though. Seems like it might introduce too many uncertainties for the purchaser, e.g. whether they have to pay tax on delivery.

For a buyer, GSP is awful. No useful tracking (changes multiple times, tracking # of last mile carrier never published). Unknown shipping times - varies a lot. Double VAT payments. Sigh.

GSP is a big red flag to me.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 07:31:14 pm »

For a buyer, GSP is awful. No useful tracking (changes multiple times, tracking # of last mile carrier never published). Unknown shipping times - varies a lot. Double VAT payments. Sigh.

I think eIS will be worse. As I understand/misunderstand it, the displayed price sometimes will and sometimes won't include import duties and/or VAT. It if doesn't then you will eventually discover the extra taxes you owe plus a big shippers admin fee.

I've been hit with those when buying outside fleabay, and it is an unpleasant late surprise. I haven't had them with fleabay purchases.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 11:32:07 am »

I'm slightly surprised by that. Here's a trace of an item I recently sold through GSP. I copied the fleabay tracking number to 17track.net to see if there was any different information; there wasn't.

I should note the large gap between "customs cleared" in the UK and "in transit with destination carrier". I did not see, nor expect to see, any notifications between "cleared" and "delivered". That doesn't conflict with your statements.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2023, 11:52:28 pm »
Bump, these are still available
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 05:17:38 am »
Bump.

Still have some of these left. Not putting any more up on ebay until I get a reduced listing fees offer...   ::)
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 08:30:01 am »
Bump.

Still have a number of these available, prefer to sell here at a reduced price, rather than ebay, because of their usurious fees.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 09:03:31 am »
Bump.

Still have a number of these available, prefer to sell here at a reduced price, rather than ebay, because of their usurious fees.

I sold something recently for £22+5, and received £26.01, or £49 and recieved £47.45. I regard those as reasonable.

It does require you to list over a weekend after accepting an "80% off" type offer, and to end an unsold listing before 28 days have elapsed. The offers appear in my ebay messages (only) on one Friday every fortnight.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 10:04:38 am »
Bump.

I sold something recently for £22+5, and received £26.01, or £49 and recieved £47.45. I regard those as reasonable.

It does require you to list over a weekend after accepting an "80% off" type offer, and to end an unsold listing before 28 days have elapsed. The offers appear in my ebay messages (only) on one Friday every fortnight.

Yeah, it's fine when there're offers, but I got screwed last time (partly admittedly because I missed reading the multibuy exception, but also they applied only one postage charge to an order of three items), and the fact they hide "duplicate" listings, until the "original" item has a bid.

I'll use ebay to sell some of my bigger, single items, because I'll get a better price there than here, but for these, ebay is frankly crap.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2023, 10:13:57 am »
Bump.

Yeah, it's fine when there're offers, but I got screwed last time (partly admittedly because I missed reading the multibuy exception, but also they applied only one postage charge to an order of three items), and the fact they hide "duplicate" listings, until the "original" item has a bid.

I'll use ebay to sell some of my bigger, single items, because I'll get a better price there than here, but for these, ebay is frankly crap.

I'm pleased to say I don't understand any of that (except "better price here") :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2023, 12:06:45 pm »
Bump. Still a few of these left.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf