Author Topic: Where to buy a U1232A  (Read 2891 times)

Offline ashley.hughesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Rather by taught than told
    • Arduino Tutorials
Where to buy a U1232A
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:55:43 pm »
Hey guys,

Adding another piece of kit to my growing kit, latest purchase of my DS1052E was/is awesome, thank you to all in the input from everyone.

But I am now a looking to replace my old Q1471 DSE multimeter, with a Agilent U1232A.

Just wondering if any one knows where to get it for a good deal. RRP is $155 AUD on there website, but if I could get it for cheaper I might even go for the U1233A as the temperature would be nice. The U1232A has the basic features I need though, mainly current/voltage/resistance/continuity.

Now here comes the killer question can anyone recommend anything better than this around the same price and quality?
My Blog -> http://hughesy.net/wp
My Blog has some tutorials for Arduino mainly based around the mac environment, with xBee and  AppleScript
Starting 2nd year Electrical engineering

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
Re: Where to buy a U1232A
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:24:57 am »
Personal I would love to have the U1233, mostly because its compact as possible and loaded.

I have many full size good multimeters, but I would not use any of those in my smallest  toolbox.

Offline peter_mcc

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:42:52 pm »
Trio Smartcal are the local Aglient Distributor - their price is $145 + GST.

It might be worthwhile ringing various test equipment sellers (Trio, Emona, etc) and seeing if they have any ex-demo units to sell - sometimes they have old/used stock that they want get rid of. You might end up with a better multimeter at the same price. Or you might end up with nothing  :)

Offline ashley.hughesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Rather by taught than told
    • Arduino Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »
Thanks for the link to Trio Smartcal, I just bought a U1241A ex demo for $169 with a cal cert, can not complain with that :P
My Blog -> http://hughesy.net/wp
My Blog has some tutorials for Arduino mainly based around the mac environment, with xBee and  AppleScript
Starting 2nd year Electrical engineering

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf