Author Topic: Where to find "How to design & build your own custom TV games" in PDF?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline MrWifiHifiTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi
I'm looking for book How to design & build your own custom TV games in pdf
Where can I find it or someone already have it in pdf?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:44:42 am by MrWifiHifi »

Offline Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
Re: Where to find book in pdf?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 09:01:21 pm »
Is that the exact title or could it be something like this:
https://archive.org/details/1979ElectronicGames/mode/2up

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:12:15 pm »
Yes, it is exact title

Offline hugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 11:28:19 pm »

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 11:11:55 am »
Thanks for link, but I'm looking for PDF of that book

Offline Gixy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 07:28:29 am »
You can try here: b-ok.cc

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 07:46:28 am »
This is the pdf from the link above, I have nothing else to offer than rapidgator, as zippyshare & Co are blocked in germany...

pdf is ca. 14,2 MB:

https://rapidgator.net/file/ddea0267133a4c1483c783988adf2066/1979_Electronic_Games_text.pdf.html

pdf is ca. 121,8 MB

https://rapidgator.net/file/c73ff69869b7a886fb10a7cf35fcd8a4/1979_Electronic_Games.pdf.html

PS: I will delete this link in the next few days...

Cheers.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:01:40 am by PushUp »

Offline Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 09:25:10 am »
You know that the archive.org link that MrWifiHifi confirmed is the correct book offers a download in different formats including PDF?

Just saying.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 02:24:30 pm »
You know that the archive.org link that MrWifiHifi confirmed is the correct book offers a download in different formats including PDF?

Just saying.
I think the suggested book was like the requested book. The confirmation was that he needed the exact title.

Offline gorge441

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 02:45:07 pm »
You may check this http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ i guess you will get here what you want.

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 08:43:50 am »
Yes, it is exact title

I meant that "How to design & build your own custom TV games" is exact title that I'm looking for

You can try here: b-ok.cc

You may check this http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ i guess you will get here what you want.

Thank you for links to that sites, but I don't find on it the book I'm looking for, only thing that I found was Commodore 128 reference guide for programmers

If anyone have that book and will be willing to scan book to pdf, than would be very nice of him, because it seems that this book probably was never scaned and it's only in physical not digital form

• Contributor
Re: Where to find "How to design & build your own custom TV games" in PDF?
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 07:10:13 am »
I'm looking for this book, because I want to bulid TV game (pong or tennis) and I really want to play with generating composite video
I live in Europe, Slovakia and here we have PAL video encoding, so if there is a book about generating composite video generating for simple games or even displaying text like on early tv terminals, I would be really thankful

I alredy read a Don Lancaster book about TV typewriter, but there are used lots of IC's that are no more manufcactured
I wanted to build some kind of tv display unit using TTL IC's, because I have plenty of them

I roughly know how TV video signal is generated, but i don't know how the timing circuit for snyc signal and video signal are generated and I don't know how to connect this kind of viedo display to microprocessor and how to interface it

I looked on computers like Galaxija and Interak Z80 computers, they have discrete TTL generation but they are used with microprocessor

So I want to learn how to generate composite video with TTL and maybe how to generate it with Z80 processor or how to build TTL display terminal and how to interface it with microprocessor, maybe if it would be possible maybe even a color video generating

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 05:36:47 pm »
I'm looking for this book, because I want to bulid TV game (pong or tennis) and I really want to play with generating composite video
I live in Europe, Slovakia and here we have PAL video encoding, so if there is a book about generating composite video generating for simple games or even displaying text like on early tv terminals, I would be really thankful

I alredy read a Don Lancaster book about TV typewriter, but there are used lots of IC's that are no more manufcactured
I wanted to build some kind of tv display unit using TTL IC's, because I have plenty of them

I roughly know how TV video signal is generated, but i don't know how the timing circuit for snyc signal and video signal are generated and I don't know how to connect this kind of viedo display to microprocessor and how to interface it

I looked on computers like Galaxija and Interak Z80 computers, they have discrete TTL generation but they are used with microprocessor

So I want to learn how to generate composite video with TTL and maybe how to generate it with Z80 processor or how to build TTL display terminal and how to interface it with microprocessor, maybe if it would be possible maybe even a color video generating

When you say "in PDF" should we assume you to mean "Free"?

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 05:20:07 am »
I suppose so

Offline RayG

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf