Author Topic: WTB(EU) used DSO, budget up to 150 Eur  (Read 794 times)

Offline GenericAccountTopic starter

WTB(EU) used DSO, budget up to 150 Eur
« on: June 13, 2023, 10:55:05 pm »
I am a high school student in Lithuania, I do arduino projects and combat robotics in my free time.
Decided to step up my equipment and learn analog electronics during the summer. Planned to buy fnirsi DPOX180, but though to ask for more serious second-hand scopes here first.

Offline StefikMichal

• Contributor
Re: WTB(EU) used DSO, budget up to 150 Eur
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 09:44:29 am »
Try looking at Agilent DSO3062A. I got mine locally without probes for approximately 150 eur. It's an older model, so it has some limitations, but with two 60 MHz channels (can go a little bit higher) perfectly fits my needs for small hobby projects and trying new things.

Basic passive probes aren't much expensive, you could get a pair under 15 eur new from China.

Edit: I don't know about Fnirsi DPOX180, but I'm not a big fan of these handheld scopes, especially when you will mainly use them only in your lab (probably?). When it comes to things like controlling cursors, menus, etc; good old encoders are handy and more similar to better scopes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 09:48:19 am by StefikMichal »

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 12:02:54 pm »
Traditionally the specs for Fnirsi scopes are wildly exaggerated.
You may be better off with one of the handhelds from Owon or Hantek (starting at $100-120).
There also the 2ch Zeeweii DS02512G at around $80.

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 12:42:50 pm »
There is a thread on the DPOX180 here.
I concur with tunk: Zeeweii is maybe a better choice.

See this list for other (new) handheld oscilloscopes in this prize range.

If it is purely for a first step/learning, did you consider the  10MHz oscilloscope+ multimeter from Zoyi?

The prices are so low nowadays that I would buy a new one instead of a used one.

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 05:13:50 pm »
An alternative to the Zoyi could be the Zeeweii DSO154pro at about half the price.
Similar specs, no multimeter and the case looks a bit agricultural.

Offline GenericAccountTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 08:55:00 pm »
I have been keeping an eye on local second hand sites for oscilloscopes for around half a year and all the digital scopes on offer are either crt models or chinese devices with a marked up aliexpress price. So this is not an option.

From what I have read here, I think fnirsi has basically twice the actuall sampling rate of zeeweii at 40 eur more, so seems like a good value. The only big disadvantage seems to be the badly designed cursors and non-togglable digital phospor mode(correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Offline luis garcia

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 02:24:24 pm »
Tight budget! I would consider other not so high bandwidth scopes from more reputable brands. For 150EUR you wont find any "serious" scope with 180Mhz BW., but you can find some deals with more modest specifications.
Or just try the Fnisrsi. At that price you cannot be wrong.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf