Author Topic: WTB [AU] Universal programmer  (Read 842 times)

Offline deanclaxtonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
WTB [AU] Universal programmer
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:51:56 pm »
Looking for a universal programmer (minimum 48 pin drivers and preferably with a DIP adapter) that has support for Windows 10 (connects via USB) - prefer externally powered (or internal PSU) so it can drive a fair amount of load. I currently use a Xeltek 500P which does the job reasonably well, but a little slow so would have to be faster (ie Xeltek 601P 611S 6100N, ELNEC BeeProg+,  or similar).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:52:19 am by deanclaxton »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: WTB [AU] Universal programmer
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 12:35:07 am »
you do know how much they will cost you  ...

Even the used one will sell for top $

I have an Elnec ...  they charge top $ for adapters,  made a huge mistake to sell my TNM-5000 who costed 250$ usd   years ago, now they have quadrupled in value,  the biggest advantage was  no expensive adapters  and a good software support i did not had at the time

Okay for the drivers i understand,    but just to get more speed ... meh   i would think twice

my 2 cents
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:36:38 am by coromonadalix »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 12:52:00 am »
you do know how much they will cost you  ...

Even the used one will sell for top $

I have an Elnec ...  they charge top $ for adapters,  made a huge mistake to sell my TNM-5000 who costed 250$ usd   years ago, now they have quadrupled in value,  the biggest advantage was  no expensive adapters  and a good software support i did not had at the time

Okay for the drivers i understand,    but just to get more speed ... meh   i would think twice

my 2 cents

Yeah I know - I guess I was hopeful someone might have a recent model programmer that they dont use and would be willing to sell at a good price :D

For now the 500P works fine with the chips I'm using, just a little slow - so yeah I'm probably being a bit silly, but thought I'd ask. ELNEC seemed to be on a good track up until BeeProg2 where I dont know how they sleep at night calling it a universal programmer anymore in that the adapters seem far from universal. I do like that they keep the drivers/support up to date though. For my 500P the last supported software was back in 2014.

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 12:15:31 pm »
Sadly I am in the USA I was thinking of letting go of the 5000E I have soon..

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:19:05 pm by KG7AMV »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 10:47:47 pm »
Sadly I am in the USA I was thinking of letting go of the 5000E I have soon..

Nice programmer - I quite like the idea of a standalone mode too for production. I have a contact in the US, and a shipito address in the US, but the 5000E last software update was the same as my 500P - though the 5000E is much more capable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf