Author Topic: WTB (UK) Assorted 50 Ohm BNC Stuff  (Read 5573 times)

Offline iconTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
WTB (UK) Assorted 50 Ohm BNC Stuff
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »
Hi

I wonder whether anyone has an embarrassment of 50 Ohm BNC connectorage cluttering up their lab? I only have one cable in the whole place, and that's 75 Ohm  :(

I'm looking for a few assorted cables, tee pieces, terminating resistors. A 'feed through' terminating resistor?

When I think of the countless quantities of this stuff I've binned at work, after the death of thin ethernet, it makes me quite ill.

Anyway, anyone inclined to put together a 'starter kit'? Name your price.

Cheers
John

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
Re: WTB (UK) Assorted 50 Ohm BNC Stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
I'll second this request. This stuff can be obnoxiously expensive new, surely some of you have a load of it just doing nothing? :)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 07:54:33 pm »
I repurposed a lot of the cabling for CCTV though. Cannot remember what I did with the big pile of t connectors and terminators though, I must have them in a box somewhere. I did use the hubs as cases though, after ripping out the insides. One is a little power supply and the other is doing sterling service as a ballast box for my uplighter when I converted from linear halogen to metal halide.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:22:21 am »
I just did my own "collection from here" , i know it's in .DE but he's cheap and have the most

http://www.pollin.de/shop/index.html

/Bingo
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:31:26 pm by bingo600 »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 12:33:36 am »
Look on Ebay. Lots of Chinese sellers that sell all kinds of RF connectors, converters, etc for very little money and no shipping costs.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline mianchen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:41:51 pm »
I just did my own "collection from here" , i know it's in .DE but he's cheap and have the most

http://www.pollin.de/shop/index.html

/Bingo

They are really cheap. Too bad I just bought all my stuff from eBay/Rapid/Farnell 2 days ago...

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »
I still have a load of 10Base2 bits I salvaged yonks ago, but it mostly consists of T-connectors and cables which are too long to be much use in the lab.

If anyone in the UK wants a few T-connectors, let me know and you can have some gratis.

A contribution towards postage or maybe some random small electronic junk in exchange would be nice, but not essential.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »
If you can throw in some cables (I have no issues reterminating), I think we can arrange something. Not sure what I've got in the way of goodies unless you're after a DVB-T tuner.

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 07:54:51 pm »
Monkeh,

Now that the weather is a little cooler I have delved into the loft and turned up the cables.

I believe they are 50ft long, so they are heavy - about 600g each. How many were you after? And how many T-connectors?

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 08:12:05 pm »
Monkeh,

Now that the weather is a little cooler I have delved into the loft and turned up the cables.

I believe they are 50ft long, so they are heavy - about 600g each. How many were you after? And how many T-connectors?

Hell, half of one of those would do to start with. And four or so T pieces will make themselves handy. I'll cover postage.

Whereabouts are you?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »
rfsupplier in ebay provides many type of bnc/sma/n all kind of connectors/cable/adapter and "pig tails". the no fun part is they are elcheapo quality, the fun part, mostly the rf part you (i) want to find are in there. YMMV ps: type "bnc connector" etc in ebay and look for this ebay seller ID.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »
PM me your address and I'll send half a cable and some T's.

Icon, are you still interested?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:51:11 pm by rolycat »

Offline iconTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 11:09:55 pm »

Icon, are you still interested?

Hi

Thanks, but I bought some stuff from Rapid last week. Couldn't wait to play with my new function gen...

Cheers
John

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 05:09:36 am »
Yup, going to look in the store today for some cables and the rest of the T terms, I have 4 and the resistors already.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf