Author Topic: Rigol DP832 Power supply - Used (mint) - UK  (Read 580 times)

Offline Click_whirr

• Contributor
Rigol DP832 Power supply - Used (mint) - UK
« on: October 31, 2019, 07:19:13 pm »
Selling my DP832 triple power supply. Another item needed more at the moment, so selling a couple of pieces to raise funds.

Working nicely, and hasn't seen much use (it's an alternative PSU for larger projects). Only ever on one workshop shelf, so looks almost like it's just been unboxed. I've attached a few photos of it to check against my Keithley meter.

With firmware version 1.14, and most options installed (except RS-232 and trigger, but I believe these can be unlocked).

Very heavy unit, so ideally only to the UK (although willing to ship overseas at buyers cost).

Asking £400

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DP832 Power supply - Used (mint) - UK
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 11:06:05 pm »
As with your other item, you're a little higher than the new and shipped price on ebay.
Chris

"Victor Meldrew, the Crimson Avenger!"

Offline Click_whirr

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:43:43 am »
A: Some people (myself included) would prefer to buy items from an accountable and traceable source, that will arrive on time (not the 2+ months I've previously waited on some high value ebay items from China)

B: The UK dealer price is exactly the same as ebay, excluding VAT.. which applies equally + import duty to items from outside the EU (Please forgive our country for being d***s, Europe).
It might sneak through customs, but if they're good at their job (and unfortunately in my experience, they are), the 'landed' price would be £382 + 3.3% duty + 20% VAT = £473 appx, which is more than the UK dealer price inc VAT. That would be false economy.

C: I wasn't going for bargain bin prices. It's in immaculate condition, and has verified performance.

D: If you're looking one of these power supplies, make an offer, otherwise, I hope you're currently emailing a long list of international vendors to let them all know they should lower their prices in line with the person willing to advertise for the absolute minimum (on the 2 pieces they have available).

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 10:32:29 am »
Prickly mate, no need to attack the messenger, the extra £57 quid is worth it to avoid the attitude and have a warranty, plus you get a free DMM with it.

https://www.rigol-uk.co.uk/Rigol-DP832-Linear-DC-Power-Supply-p/dp832.htm

https://www.telonic.co.uk/Rigol-DP832-DC-Power-Supply-p/dp832.htm

Offline danielbriggs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 11:18:25 am »
Hi Click_Whirr,
I tried to reply to your PM, but it's saying your inbox is full, so won't send.
If you are able to make some room I'll PM you my reply.

All the best,
Dan

Offline Click_whirr

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 11:21:56 am »
Oops, sorry Dan! Should be sorted with space now, thank you.

Offline Click_whirr

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 11:49:05 am »
Polite would be to PM with 'Any chance you'd be open to an offer, around £....?'

Prickly is to say 'you should be cheaper', a la

Pointing out that the ebay price in China isn't a direct equivalent, is merely propagating accurate information. 

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 12:48:23 pm »
I trust that you have signed up to the forum in order to make helpful technical contributions, rather than just to sell your stuff.  ;)
Chris

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 01:55:39 pm »
Oops, sorry Dan! Should be sorted with space now, thank you.
New members can't receive messages until they reach a certain number of posts. You should be sorted now.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 02:05:56 pm »
Polite would be to PM with 'Any chance you'd be open to an offer, around £....?'

Pointing out that the ebay price in China isn't a direct equivalent, is merely propagating accurate information.
Part of the attraction of the forum is that members help each other out with their knowledge. This includes informing each other about good and bad deals. No one escapes scrutiny. ;D Consider the information provided by and for other members as an informational service.

I'm not sure in how much of a hurry you are to sell, but it seems that inching up to the price of new kit may mean it could take some time. I can imagine that's desired or even required when going after an expensive piece of gear.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 03:07:03 pm »

BTW. No offence was intended, but I'm sure (well hopefully) you can understand that, when someone turns up out of the blue, with no history of good will on the forum and their first two posts are selling used equipment at approximately new prices, assurances of them being in mint condition are likely to carry less credibility. Smartass links of Harry Enfield videos are no substitute!

It is natural for people to scan the Buy/sell/wanted listing for 'pre-loved' equipment from fellow members at a good price, particularly from their own locality.

I really do hope that you take the time to contribute to the technical discussions. People have been banned in the past for just using the forum as a marketplace.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:11:51 pm by Gyro »
Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf