Author Topic: WTB: HP5335A Opt.030 1.3GHz C channel (BE)  (Read 1578 times)

Offline RikVTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
WTB: HP5335A Opt.030 1.3GHz C channel (BE)
« on: November 12, 2023, 07:29:49 pm »
Just bought a 5335A, however it has no option "C-channel installed. I would like to retrofit one (if cost is reasonable) to  extend the usability of this instrument.
Thus I need the PCB + Wire harness + front insert. Anyone who has a spare?

Offline kbrill

• Contributor
Re: WTB: HP5335A Opt.030 1.3GHz C channel (BE)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 08:19:09 pm »
25 years ago I purchased 3 HP5335 counters at least 2 where the A version , most probably this front panel assembly also came from an A version .

I salvaged it from the defective one with the same intent of upgrading one of the functioning ones without the Chan C option . It is untested I have no recollection of the failure mode only that I was optimistic regarding the options 

Given your EU location I assume shipping costs from the US and other issues preclude any interest on your part .I can however forward you pictures if that is not the case .

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 11:33:58 pm »
Appreciate your offer, but indeed, I'm afraid the transportation, custom etc... cost would amount to much more than I paid for the unit. I keep hoping on a reaction from nearby, but I keep your proposition in mind. Some pictures would be appreciated (just to keep longing...)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 10:39:16 am »
Not much success in my search. I even got tricked in a scam! Stupid I am!
I was contacted by "Maxcast" who invited me to contact "edwardcolton@gmail.com" saying that he probably had what I wanted.
Indeed, Colton (or whatever his name is) confirmed he had an "option  C" available. We agreed on a price.
Then he proposed to pay with Paypall insisting on the option "family and friends". So I did.
At that time I should have felt something was wrong: I never gave my shipping addres, he didn't ask  for it! Also the money was transferred to a different account: kingsleyjohnyy@gmail.com.
Afterwards I found out that by paying "family and friends" you discard the money back guarantee from Paypal.

So, here I am. A disillusion richer(?) but still no prescaler for my 5335!

kbrill: can I contact you by PM?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 10:41:33 am by RikV »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 03:36:22 pm »
Finally my HP5335A is complete! Begin december I contacted K.Brill and he was willing to take a chance on sending me the option 030 and he even added the Opt.020!
I expected some trouble with customs, but luck was on my side: a declarartion of "no economical value" was sufficient to receive the goods free of charge!
After installation everything worked right away. So now I have a fully functional counter/timer equipped with options 020,030,040!
Option 010 (OCXO) is not so important to me since I am planning on making a GPSDO with distribution amplifier.
Thanks again to K.Brill !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf