Author Topic: WTB O SCOPE  (Read 6983 times)

Offline SKHILLBILLYSluresTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
WTB O SCOPE
« on: July 02, 2017, 03:20:23 am »
WTB any o scope capable of 200-300MHZ and ancient is better aka affordable and crts are just so cool  will purchase broken one depending on the problem if known I'm student with practically zero budget capitability so anything under $150 or approximately I don't want to have to resort to crappy adruino based pocket scopes please help
There is so much info I'm DroooooooolING all over it

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline boffin

• Supporter
Re: WTB O SCOPE
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:29:21 am »
Probably worth buying some punctuation as well.

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, Novanoid

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 03:30:49 am »
It's a forum I didn't feel like it

Offline jh15

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 04:27:21 am »
might help to post location.

Some might be ready to toss stuff in your bike bag.
Tek 575 curve trcr top shape, Tek 535, Tek 465. Tek 545 Hickok clone, Tesla Model S,  Ohio Scientific c24P SBC, c-64's from club days, Giant electric bicycle, Rigol stuff, Heathkit AR-15's. Heathkit ET- 3400a trainer&interface. Starlink pizza.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 04:51:01 am »
It's a forum I didn't feel like it

You didn't feel like it was worth trying to communicate clearly?

If you want people to help you out, it is often a good idea to make it easier for them to feel like you are somebody they would want to help out.

Your response above indicates you don't care.  That doesn't make me feel that I should.

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Dubbie, ez24

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 05:00:18 am »
First of all I do care. I was tired and went for coffee (after I posted that) and didn't mean to not consider it's importantance in this case if more than one person says something about my previous non use of punctuation. then it must be my apologies by the way usa FL zeperhills
Moorhaven
Ft Myers
And sarasota are places in Florida I'm close to I frequent these locations and no problem going on road trips way out my way in order aquire what ever is offered

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 06:22:09 am »
Don't worry, people. He is one of those people wanting stuff for free brought by the giveaway and bumping the post count.

BTW, your video is pointless and 1 minute over the limit.
Alex

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 08:12:55 am »
WTB any o scope capable of 200-300MHZ and ancient is better aka affordable and crts are just so cool  will purchase broken one depending on the problem if known I'm student with practically zero budget capitability so anything under $150 or approximately I don't want to have to resort to crappy adruino based pocket scopes please help

WHY is this poster ganged up upon and being persecuted? 

for their age, grammar and   -perceived-   attitude ?  :-//

He or she is WTB a scope with a specified budget and BW.

What part of that is not clear?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 08:31:06 am »
"Perceived" attitude?  Try demonstrated attitude.

When tasked about their lack of punctuation, their response was - quite simply - arrogant.  No consideration was given that maybe, just maybe, there are some people in the world that might find a more conciliatory response more agreeable.

You can argue all you like, but you only get one chance to make a first impression.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

That's my take - and I'll leave this thread with it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 08:38:59 am »
Probably worth buying some punctuation as well.

If that isn't an insult to OP, what is ?

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 08:42:32 am »
If that isn't an insult to OP, what is ?
Just pointing out that it is hard to read posts without any punctuation.

But, again, we should not worry. Giveaway will end soon enough.
Alex

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 09:17:56 am »
Is it safe to assume previous encounters with OP I'm not aware of, that didn't go too well ?  :-//

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 09:37:34 am »
It does matter and the longer people are around forums such as this the more they tend to appreciate not only a well written piece but also the exchange of civil and courteous communication regardless of its content, it costs nothing to be nice.   :) :)

I got called out once for excessive apostrophes and then told everyone reading where to go, only once and I wont do that ever again in a hurry. Another member recently posted a huge paragraph without punctuation and after reading the entire submission yesterday I turned blue in the face and almost passed out, FFS give me a break.   ::) :phew:

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 12:21:29 pm »
First of all I do care. I was tired and went for coffee (after I posted that) and didn't mean to not consider it's importantance in this case if more than one person says something about my previous non use of punctuation. then it must be my apologies by the way usa FL zeperhills
Moorhaven
Ft Myers
And sarasota are places in Florida I'm close to I frequent these locations and no problem going on road trips way out my way in order aquire what ever is offered

Over your budget, but an excellent fantastic deal near you:
https://sarasota.craigslist.org/ele/6188819955.html
I would spend a bit extra and get this one!! If I were close I'd buy it myself in a second.

Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 02:36:17 pm »
...are places in Florida I'm close to...

That explains things.

Hey, wait a minute, Johnny 10 and I live here in central Florida!!! :box:
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 05:46:20 pm »
It is a great place especially if you have boat.i would fish the bay I had adequate means to do so. Also I really hope that listing still contains the masterpiece it list as far as my giveaway entry I'm entering statistics I understand that I may not win .which while that would suck a little bit that would ok I'm sure whoever gets it really deserves it .like the 17 year autistic kid who reminds very much of my self (lol I have aspergers that has been argued to no longer officially be called aspergers but lower on the autism spectrum) no joke my "lab" looks exactly like his. plus I'm not at home right now (for extended and crappy reasons that belong on this forum) . I know I may not win and choose to humble and would even purchase a broken one not only to endeavor to have a wonderful working scope but also learn more about it's innards up close and personal just I like to be taught

And I seriously apologize for not punctuating I have a tendency to not do so in situations that I often view as informal. also knowing people are going to be reading to themselves and not run out breath
I do the same thing on YouTube comments. But full well understand punctuation and have usually reserved it for writing papers letters or some for of formal notice
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:52:37 pm by SKHILLBILLYSlures »

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 05:52:37 pm »
I understand that I may not win
You WILL NOT win, just based on the fact that you have violated the rules of the giveaway.

But apparently you are more about typing than reading, so it is ok for you.
Alex

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 05:55:39 pm »
How so Dave stated it had to be at least 2 mins long that's what it was I can post a nother video if that your needs showing my collection of ancient tv tubes projects or something else I tore apart and messed with in order to derrive it's functionality isn't that what we are all here for anyway why so sour

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »
Dude, seriously, read stuff. Here is a quote from the first post of the thread you have posted your video in:
You MUST make a 2 minute video (no longer!) explaining how you can make use of the scope.

Seriously, take time to read, and take time to put punctuation when writing. Doing neither caused you quite a bit of trouble already.
Alex

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 06:06:34 pm »
Ok I see that now but also I'm not at home with all my things like I said for extended and crappy reasons which I wish I could change and yes I do wish I had something to play with a stern-gerlach setup in order to experiment with manipulating probability I have a crapload of tubes and a bunch of other crap

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »
Ok, I'm out of here. Learn how to use punctuation. You can do it even if you are not at home.
Alex

Offline ruairi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 06:18:37 pm »
Ok I see that now but also I'm not at home with all my things like I said for extended and crappy reasons which I wish I could change and yes I do wish I had something to play with a stern-gerlach setup in order to experiment with manipulating probability I have a crapload of tubes and a bunch of other crap

SKHILLBILLY,

Welcome to the forum.  Different online spaces have different vibes, cultures and norms.  When you join a new space it's worth taking a minute to figure out how people communicate, you can still be you but if you are too far outside the norms you will be ignored quickly.  This is not 4Chan, or the Youtube comments section, it is a technical forum filled with often pedantic and detail orientated engineers.

I often find myself doing the opposite to you, being too formal in informal online spaces and it has exactly the same effect, it gets in the way of communication.

Keep your eye on Craigslist, you'll find a working scope for pennies if you are patient.  If you are unsure about model numbers etc, post here (with some punctuation :-) and you will get the help you need.

Cheers,
Ruairi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 06:20:43 pm »
Uggggg like I said sorry jese man I thought it unimportant for a second because its a forum I even admitted more than once that I messed up it like get off my back and let this go back to what it supposed to be about WTB O SCOPE pretty much any O-scope even a BROKEN ONE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 06:24:24 pm »

SKHILLBILLY,

Welcome to the forum.  Different online spaces have different vibes, cultures and norms.  When you join a new space it's worth taking a minute to figure out how people communicate, you can still be you but if you are too far outside the norms you will be ignored quickly.  This is not 4Chan, or the Youtube comments section, it is a technical forum filled with often pedantic and detail orientated engineers.

I often find myself doing the opposite to you, being too formal in informal online spaces and it has exactly the same effect, it gets in the way of communication.

Keep your eye on Craigslist, you'll find a working scope for pennies if you are patient.  If you are unsure about model numbers etc, post here (with some punctuation :-) and you will get the help you need.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Thank you Thank you very much for I've usually have dealt with tv repair men and have noticed the miles of difference.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 11:55:25 pm »
Thank you rauri
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:51:16 am by SKHILLBILLYSlures »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf