General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

WTB or Swap For - USA - I need some 2N5457 JFETs

(1/3) > >>

t1d:
I need some 2N5457 JFETs to play with. The quantity depends on what you are willing to part with. Any footprint TH/SMD will do.

Must be genuine OEM components sourced from known component supplier = Mouser/Digikey/Element14/Etc, not from Ebay/Amazon/AliExpress/Etc.

I like the idea of our community supporting each other, so I have lots of components to swap. Or, I can pay you something, through Pay Pal.

What might you have and what might you need. Please send me a private message. Thanks!

IconicPCB:
https://www.rockby.com.au/semidiscretesearch.cfm?select=23&subcode=466

Take your pick.

I am surprised You cant find anything locally in the states.

Kleinstein:
There are way more different part numbers than different JFET types.  In addition the JFETs usually show a large spread and most circuit much thus tolerate quite some variations. So chances are good that one can use a different type of JFET. Fairchild AN6609 is a nice resource listing similar FETs using the same geometry.
A SK208 is somewhat similar.  Depending on the actual use other types may be a better choice: e.g. SK3557 for audio, 2N4416 / J310 for more higher frequency use.

t1d:

--- Quote from: IconicPCB on May 29, 2022, 05:49:59 am ---https://www.rockby.com.au/semidiscretesearch.cfm?select=23&subcode=466

Take your pick.

I am surprised You cant find anything locally in the states.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your reply. My regular supplier is Mouser and they are out of this one model of jfet. I am just trying to avoid the shipping cost on a few $0.30USD parts that I don't absolutely have to have right this minute. Meaning, it is better to make a larger combined order from Mouser, than a separate order from another supplier. However, reputable US suppliers are definitely heavily depleted of components, presently. So, it is more fun to reach out to the EE community in the spirit of comradery.

t1d:

--- Quote from: Kleinstein on May 29, 2022, 06:28:03 am ---There are way more different part numbers than different JFET types.  In addition the JFETs usually show a large spread and most circuit much thus tolerate quite some variations. So chances are good that one can use a different type of JFET. Fairchild AN6609 is a nice resource listing similar FETs using the same geometry.
A SK208 is somewhat similar.  Depending on the actual use other types may be a better choice: e.g. SK3557 for audio, 2N4416 / J310 for more higher frequency use.

--- End quote ---
Great to hear from you, Kleinstein!!! Good information, as always, too. I will check the availability of these other models. IIRC, J310 is also out, at Mouser. But, it is better to combine several components into a bigger order, to justify the shipping cost. Mouser is mostly out of the other things that I might order, presently, so I can't even make a combined order, even if I find a substitute jfet. Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version