General > Buy/Sell/Wanted

WTB: Scraps of Belden 9222 Triaxial cable

(1/2) > >>

TERRA Operative:
I'm looking for a few scraps of Belden 9222 Triaxial cable to test fit to some Triaxial connectors before I commit to a full roll.

If anyone has a few short offcuts that they can throw in an envelope and post to Japan, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hydron:
If you get desperate then Farnell/Newark sell by the meter (would likely need someone to buy in the US or UK then post it), or you could try and find a Pomona pre-made triax cable (Pomona state what triax is used, and it's normally Belden 9222 from what I've seen).

TimFox:
Newark in USA only sells it in 100-foot rolls at $224.56 for one roll  ($2.25 per foot), but UK stock can be had for $4.00 per meter ($1.22 per foot) through US Newark, which is half the price per foot of the rolls.

TERRA Operative:
I've managed to source some offcuts now from another member. Thanks all! :)

If it fits my connectors, I can get 30m (100') rolls from RS Japan for a reasonable price. I just didn't want to buy a whole roll to find it didn't fit....

Hydron:

--- Quote from: TimFox on July 29, 2021, 03:21:35 pm ---Newark in USA only sells it in 100-foot rolls at $224.56 for one roll  ($2.25 per foot), but UK stock can be had for $4.00 per meter ($1.22 per foot) through US Newark, which is half the price per foot of the rolls.

--- End quote ---
It gets sillier when you have a look at Farnell (same company as Newark), who sell the same thing in the UK for twice what the _UK STOCK_ costs from Newark.

Anyway, good to hear of your success. Just a heads up that if you're using it in a sensitive application where the cable may be flexed, then might be worth checking whether cable movement induces too much noise - the belden cable isn't of the "low noise" type.

Also, if you've got a lead on cheap triaxial connectors then please share!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version